The Black+Decker BV3100 is a 3-in-1 blower/vacuum/mulcher delivering 300 CFM at 210 MPH. It features a 12-amp motor. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 300|
|MPH||Up to 210|
|Noise rating||69 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Black+Decker BV3100, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Black+Decker BV3100
- Power: The BV3100 is an electric blower made by Black+Decker. It has a maximum air speed of 210 MPH and its nozzle can expel a max air volume of 300 cubic feet per minute (CFM).
- Power delivery: This is a corded blower, so its 12 Amp motor needs to be plugged into a power source during use. Please note that some manufacturers don’t include the cord with the unit. If this is the case, or if you’re looking to buy a backup, please use our gauge calculator to ensure you’re buying the right cord for your blower.
- Cord Lock Mechanism: Corded power tools can sometimes inadvertently be unplugged during operation. The Black+Decker BV3100 prevents such accidents by featuring a cord lock mechanism.
- Handling: Being handheld, this blower has a good maneuverability and is meant to be easier to carry around over a small period of time. At 7 lbs, the Black+Decker BV3100 is within the average weight range of electric handheld blowers.
- Speed Settings: Thanks to its 2 speed settings, the Black+Decker BV3100 allows the user to adjust the air output to the task in hand.
- Vacuum: The BV3100 is also what is known as a 'blower vac'. Those who don’t wish to blow leaves and debris away can switch to its vacuum setting and suck them into a collection bag (9.3 gallon bag included).
- Mulching: With a mulching ratio of 10:1, this mulcher can shrink 10 bags of leaves down to one bag of mulch, helping you get rid of unwanted leaves and debris.
- Noise: Its noise rating of 69 dB can be considered the standard for similar electric handheld blowers.
The Black+Decker BV3100's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Black+Decker BV3100 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Forced air exiting this blower has been clocked at a max speed of 210 MPH. This puts the BV3100 ahead of the pack as far as air speed is concerned in electric handheld blowers. If you wish to benefit from air expelled at the fastest possible speed, the Craftsman CMEBL7000 and its 260 MPH could be an option to consider.
- Regarding its air volume, the airflow of the Black+Decker BV3100 can reach 300 CFM (Cubic Feet per Minute), which is on the low end for electric handheld blowers. For the highest air volume, you may want to have a look at the Worx Turbine WG521, which boasts with 800 CFM.
Here's a list of the most popular specific comparisons:
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other blower vacs, the Black+Decker BV3100 is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget blower.
The Stanley Black & Decker Corporation is an American manufacturer that has produced and sold quality tools and accessories for over a hundred years. The corporation sells a wide variety of hand tools, power tools, security systems and more through its many subsidiary brands: Stanley, Black & Decker, DeWalt, Mac, Bostitch, and more. Stanley Black & Decker counts itself as a leading global manufacturer of tools and similar products with a market presence in over 100 countries.
The Black+Decker BV3100 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Black+Decker blowers, please consult Black+Decker's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-544-6986.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.