The Black+Decker BV6000 is a 3-in-1 blower/vacuum/mulcher delivering 400 CFM at 250 MPH. It features a 12-amp motor. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 400|
|MPH||Up to 250|
|Noise rating||68 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Black+Decker BV6000, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Black+Decker BV6000
- Power: The Black+Decker BV6000 can force 400 cubic feet of air per minute (CFM) from its nozzle at a maximum speed of 250 MPH.
- Power delivery: This is a corded blower, so its 12 Amp motor needs to be plugged into a power source during use. Note that the power cord might not be included with the blower. Should you wish to obtain one, use our gauge calculator.
- Cord Lock Mechanism: This unit has a handy 'cord lock' feature, which prevents it from being unplugged during use.
- Handling: For those who are looking for a portable and convenient leaf blower, this model is a strong candidate. It’s designed for easy handling and use, and its size means it’s easily carried and stored. However, for a electric handheld blower, the Black+Decker BV6000 is heavier than most, weighing 8.1 lbs.
- Speed Settings: Not all jobs need full power. The BV6000 has 2 speed settings so, you can blow more or less air from the blower depending on the job.
- Vacuum: The BV6000 is also what is known as a 'blower vac'. Those who don’t wish to blow leaves and debris away can switch to its vacuum setting and suck them into a collection bag (14 gallon bag included).
- Mulching: With a mulching ratio of 16:1, this mulcher can shrink 16 bags of leaves down to one bag of mulch, helping you get rid of unwanted leaves and debris.
- Noise: As far as electric handheld blowers go, this one is average in terms of noise with a rating of 68 dB.
The Black+Decker BV6000's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Black+Decker BV6000 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Forced air exiting this blower has been clocked at a max speed of 250 MPH. This puts the BV6000 ahead of the pack as far as air speed is concerned in electric handheld blowers (the one expelling air at the fastest speed being the Craftsman CMEBL7000 with 260 MPH).
- It has a maximum air volume output of 400 CFM (cubic feet per minute). With this output rating, the BV6000 is well within average in relation to similar electric handheld blowers (the biggest expelled air volume belonging to the Worx Turbine WG521 with 800 CFM).
Here's a list of the most popular specific comparisons:
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other blower vacs, the Black+Decker BV6000 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this blower nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The Stanley Black & Decker Corporation is an American manufacturer that has produced and sold quality tools and accessories for over a hundred years. The corporation sells a wide variety of hand tools, power tools, security systems and more through its many subsidiary brands: Stanley, Black & Decker, DeWalt, Mac, Bostitch, and more. Stanley Black & Decker counts itself as a leading global manufacturer of tools and similar products with a market presence in over 100 countries.
The Black+Decker BV6000 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Black+Decker blowers, please consult Black+Decker's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-544-6986.
Questions & Answers
Where do i get replacement bags (Asked October 10, 2020)
The bag's part number is 90560020-01. It can be bought directly from Amazon (opens in a new tab).
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.