The Black+Decker BV6000 is a 3-in-1 blower/vacuum/mulcher delivering 400 CFM at 250 MPH. It features a 12-amp motor. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 400|
|MPH||Up to 250|
|Noise rating||68 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Black+Decker BV6000, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Black+Decker BV6000
- Power: This electric leaf blower has a maximum air volume rating of 400 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and an air speed rating of 250 MPH.
- Power delivery: As it is a corded model, the blower needs to be plugged in to a power source in order for the 12 Amp motor to operate. Please note that some manufacturers don’t include the cord with the unit. If this is the case, or if you’re looking to buy a backup, please use our gauge calculator to ensure you’re buying the right cord for your blower.
- Cord Lock Mechanism: Since accidental disconnection can be a real inconvenience, the BV6000 features a reliable cord lock to prevent it from being unplugged during use.
- Handling: It’s handheld, so naturally it’s easier to handle and carry than larger leaf blowers, such as backpack models or walk-behinds. All told, it weighs 8.1 lbs — the Black+Decker BV6000 is neither the lightest nor the heaviest electric handheld blower on the market.
- Speed Settings: Not all jobs need full power. The BV6000 has 2 speed settings so, you can blow more or less air from the blower depending on the job.
- Vacuum: As a blower vac, the BV6000 handily vacuums unwanted material into a storage bag for easy disposal (14 gallon bag included).
- Mulching: The manufacturer’s specifications give it a mulching ratio of 16:1. For every 16 bags you put in, it will reduce down to just one bag of mulch.
- Noise: With a decibel rating of 68 dB, the BV6000 is neither louder nor quieter than its rivals in the electric handheld category.
The Black+Decker BV6000's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Black+Decker BV6000 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- It can push air from the nozzle at 250 MPH, which puts it ahead of its class in terms of air speed for electric handheld blowers. If you wish to benefit from air expelled at the fastest possible speed, the Craftsman CMEBL7000 and its 260 MPH could be an option to consider.
- Regarding its air volume, the airflow of the Black+Decker BV6000 can reach 400 CFM (Cubic Feet per Minute), which is on par with other electric handheld blowers. If air volume is important to you, the Worx Turbine WG521, with 800 CFM, could be in your good books.
Here's a list of the most popular specific comparisons:
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other blower vacs, the Black+Decker BV6000 is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget blower.
The Stanley Black & Decker Corporation is an American manufacturer that has produced and sold quality tools and accessories for over a hundred years. The corporation sells a wide variety of hand tools, power tools, security systems and more through its many subsidiary brands: Stanley, Black & Decker, DeWalt, Mac, Bostitch, and more. Stanley Black & Decker counts itself as a leading global manufacturer of tools and similar products with a market presence in over 100 countries.
The Black+Decker BV6000 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Black+Decker blowers, please consult Black+Decker's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-544-6986.
Questions & Answers
Where do i get replacement bags (Asked October 10, 2020)
The bag's part number is 90560020-01. It can be bought directly from Amazon (opens in a new tab).
How do I start it up (Asked August 11, 2021)
The unit is fitted with a two speed switch located on the top of the power head below the handle. To use in low speed, rotate the knob clockwise to Position I. To use in high speed, rotate the knob clockwise to Position II.
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.