The Black+Decker BV6000 is a 3-in-1 blower/vacuum/mulcher delivering 400 CFM at 250 MPH. It features a 12-amp motor. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 400|
|MPH||Up to 250|
|Noise rating||68 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Black+Decker BV6000, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Black+Decker BV6000
- Power: The BV6000 is an electric blower made by Black+Decker. It has a maximum air speed of 250 MPH and its nozzle can expel a max air volume of 400 cubic feet per minute (CFM).
- Power delivery: As it is a corded model, the blower needs to be plugged in to a power source in order for the 12 Amp motor to operate. Note that the power cord might not be included with the blower. Should you wish to obtain one, use our gauge calculator.
- Cord Lock Mechanism: Corded power tools can sometimes inadvertently be unplugged during operation. The Black+Decker BV6000 prevents such accidents by featuring a cord lock mechanism.
- Handling: Being handheld, this blower has a good maneuverability and is meant to be easier to carry around over a small period of time. At 8.1 lbs, the Black+Decker BV6000 is within the average weight range of electric handheld blowers.
- Speed Settings: Black+Decker designed the BV6000 with control and precision in mind. That’s why this model has 2 speed settings, meaning that its air output can be adjusted to suit the user’s needs.
- Vacuum: It features a vacuum allowing it to suck up leaf and debris once the sweeping job is complete (14 gallon bag included).
- Mulching: With a mulching ratio of 16:1, this mulcher can reliably pulp 16 bags of waste (such as leaves and other debris) into 1 bag of mulch.
- Noise: As far as electric handheld blowers go, this one is average in terms of noise with a rating of 68 dB.
The Black+Decker BV6000's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Black+Decker BV6000 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- It can push air from the nozzle at 250 MPH, which puts it ahead of its class in terms of air speed for electric handheld blowers. If you wish to benefit from air expelled at the fastest possible speed, the Craftsman CMEBL7000 and its 260 MPH could be an option to consider.
- It has a maximum air volume output of 400 CFM (cubic feet per minute). With this output rating, the BV6000 is well within average in relation to similar electric handheld blowers. If air volume is important to you, the CAT DG651, with 800 CFM, could be in your good books.
Here's a list of the most popular specific comparisons:
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other blower vacs, the Black+Decker BV6000 is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget blower.
The Stanley Black & Decker Corporation is an American manufacturer that has produced and sold quality tools and accessories for over a hundred years. The corporation sells a wide variety of hand tools, power tools, security systems and more through its many subsidiary brands: Stanley, Black & Decker, DeWalt, Mac, Bostitch, and more. Stanley Black & Decker counts itself as a leading global manufacturer of tools and similar products with a market presence in over 100 countries.
The Black+Decker BV6000 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Black+Decker blowers, please consult Black+Decker's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-544-6986.
Questions & Answers
Where do i get replacement bags (Asked October 10, 2020)
The bag's part number is 90560020-01. It can be bought directly from Amazon (opens in a new tab).
How do I start it up (Asked August 11, 2021)
The unit is fitted with a two speed switch located on the top of the power head below the handle. To use in low speed, rotate the knob clockwise to Position I. To use in high speed, rotate the knob clockwise to Position II.
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.