Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 100|
|MPH||Up to 130|
|Noise Rating||61 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Black+Decker LSW221, the user manual is available here.
Overview of the Black+Decker LSW221
- Power: The Black+Decker LSW221 can force 100 cubic feet of air per minute (CFM) from its nozzle at a maximum speed of 130 MPH.
- Power delivery: Black+Decker designed this battery-operated unit with total mobility in mind. The LSW221 only needs to be plugged in when it is charging, so users can take it almost anywhere.
- Battery: It has a 1.5 Ah 20 V Li-ion battery (1 battery included) that can work reliably for up to 20 minutes if completely charged.
- Handling: Being handheld, this blower has a good maneuverability and is meant to be easier to carry around over a small period of time. Among other cordless handheld blowers, the Black+Decker LSW221 can be considered light, weighing only 3.7 lbs.
- Speed Settings: The LSW221 by Black+Decker has just one speed setting.
- Noise: As far as electric handheld blowers go, this one is average in terms of noise with a rating of 61 dB.
The Black+Decker LSW221's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Black+Decker LSW221 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Upon exiting the nozzle, the air can reach speeds of up to 130 MPH, which is pretty much what is to be expected for battery-operated handheld blowers (the one expelling air at the fastest speed being the Makita XBU01PT with 208 MPH).
- Its max air volume rating (100 cubic feet per minute) means it is really not the biggest air producer of cordless handheld leaf blowers (the biggest expelled air volume belonging to the Poulan Pro PRB675i with 675 CFM).
- Autonomy-wise, with up to 20 minutes of autonomy on a full charge, the LSW221 is on the low end when compared with other cordless handheld units (the one with the best autonomy being the EGO POWER+ 580 CFM LB5804 with up to 180 minutes of runtime).
Here's a list of the most popular specific comparisons:
As you can see from this dynamic chart, the Black+Decker LSW221 is the cheapest of all cordless handheld blowers.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget blower.
The bottom line
- Lightweight (3.7 lbs)
- Acceptable Noise (61 dB)
- Decent MPH (130 MPH)
- No Speed Variation
- Low CFM (100 CFM)
- Low autonomy (20 mins)
The Stanley Black & Decker Corporation is an American manufacturer that has produced and sold quality tools and accessories for over a hundred years. The corporation sells a wide variety of hand tools, power tools, security systems and more through its many subsidiary brands: Stanley, Black & Decker, DeWalt, Mac, Bostitch, and more. Stanley Black & Decker counts itself as a leading global manufacturer of tools and similar products with a market presence in over 100 countries.
The Black+Decker LSW221 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Black+Decker blowers, please consult Black+Decker's warranty policies. Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-544-6986.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.