The Black+Decker LSW40C is a cordless handheld leaf blower delivering 83 CFM at 125 MPH. It features a 1.5 Ah 40 V Li-ion battery. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 83|
|MPH||Up to 125|
|Noise rating||50 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Overview of the Black+Decker LSW40C
- Power: This cordless leaf blower has a maximum air volume rating of 83 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and an air speed rating of 125 MPH.
- Power delivery: The LSW40C is a battery-operated unit, so it doesn’t need to be plugged in during use. Users will enjoy the added mobility of its cordless design.
- Battery: Its 1.5 Ah 40 V Li-ion battery (1 battery included) enables the blower to run for up to 30 minutes without needing to a recharge.
- Handling: For those who are looking for a portable and convenient leaf blower, this model is a strong candidate. It’s designed for easy handling and use, and its size means it’s easily carried and stored. When compared to other cordless handheld blowers, the Black+Decker LSW40C stands out due to its lower weight: just 4 lbs.
- Speed Settings: This unit is a one-speed leaf blower.
- Noise: With a decibel rating of 50 dB, the LSW40C is neither louder nor quieter than its rivals in the electric handheld category.
The Black+Decker LSW40C's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Black+Decker LSW40C compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Forced air leaving this blower’s nozzle has been clocked at 125 MPH. That makes the LSW40C average in terms of air speed for battery-operated handheld blowers. If you wish to benefit from air expelled at the fastest possible speed, the Makita XBU01PT and its 208 MPH could be an option to consider.
- As this unit is rated at 83 CFM (cubic feet per minute), it expells less air than most cordless handheld blowers. For the highest air volume, you may want to have a look at the Ryobi RY404100, which boasts with 730 CFM.
- Users can expect a maximum autonomy of 30 minutes from its battery, which means the LSW40C won't run as long as many other cordless handheld units before needing to be plugged in. To enjoy the best possible autonomy in this category, you could have a look at the EGO POWER+ LBX6000 which offers up to 96 minutes of runtime.
Here's a list of the most popular specific comparisons:
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other cordless blowers, the Black+Decker LSW40C is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget blower.
The Stanley Black & Decker Corporation is an American manufacturer that has produced and sold quality tools and accessories for over a hundred years. The corporation sells a wide variety of hand tools, power tools, security systems and more through its many subsidiary brands: Stanley, Black & Decker, DeWalt, Mac, Bostitch, and more. Stanley Black & Decker counts itself as a leading global manufacturer of tools and similar products with a market presence in over 100 countries.
The Black+Decker LSW40C is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Black+Decker blowers, please consult Black+Decker's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-544-6986.
Questions & Answers
Can I get one without the battery? I already have 2. (Asked May 30, 2020)
The LSW40C includes the blower, an LBX1540 battery, and a charger. The bare tool model code is LSW40 (without the C).
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.