The Black+Decker LSW40C is a cordless handheld leaf blower delivering 83 CFM at 125 MPH. It features a 1.5 Ah 40 V Li-ion battery. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 83|
|MPH||Up to 125|
|Weight (w/ battery)||4 lbs|
|Weight (tool only)||2.4 lbs|
|Noise rating||50 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Black+Decker LSW40C, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Black+Decker LSW40C
- Power: This cordless leaf blower has a maximum air volume rating of 83 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and an air speed rating of 125 MPH.
- Power delivery: As it is battery-operated, it doesn't need to be plugged in and therefore allows superb freedom of movement.
- Battery: It has a 1.5 Ah 40 V Li-ion battery (1 LBX1540 battery included) that should work reliably for up to 30 minutes if completely charged.
- Handling: It’s handheld, so naturally it’s easier to handle and carry than larger leaf blowers, such as backpack models or walk-behinds.
- Speed Settings: The LSW40C by Black+Decker has just one speed setting.
- Noise: With a decibel rating of 50 dB, the LSW40C is neither louder nor quieter than its rivals in the electric handheld category.
The Black+Decker LSW40C's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Black+Decker LSW40C compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Upon exiting the nozzle, the air can reach speeds of up to 125 MPH, which is pretty much what is to be expected for battery-operated handheld blowers. If you wish to benefit from air expelled at the fastest possible speed, the Makita XBU01PT and its 208 MPH could be an option to consider.
- It’s capable of expelling a maximum air volume of 83 CFM (cubic feet per minute). This places it at the low end compared to other cordless handheld blowers. For the highest air volume, you may want to have a look at the CAT DG651, which boasts with 800 CFM.
- Users can expect a maximum autonomy of 30 minutes from its battery, which means the LSW40C won't run as long as many other cordless handheld units before needing to be plugged in. To enjoy the best possible autonomy in this category, you could have a look at the Makita CBU01Z which offers up to 300 minutes of runtime.
Here's a list of the most popular specific comparisons:
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other cordless blowers, the Black+Decker LSW40C is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget blower.
The Stanley Black & Decker Corporation is an American manufacturer that has produced and sold quality tools and accessories for over a hundred years. The corporation sells a wide variety of hand tools, power tools, security systems and more through its many subsidiary brands: Stanley, Black & Decker, DeWalt, Mac, Bostitch, and more. Stanley Black & Decker counts itself as a leading global manufacturer of tools and similar products with a market presence in over 100 countries.
The Black+Decker LSW40C is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Black+Decker blowers, please consult Black+Decker's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-544-6986.
Questions & Answers
Can I get one without the battery? I already have 2. (Asked May 30, 2020)
The LSW40C includes the blower, an LBX1540 battery, and a charger. The bare tool model code is LSW40 (without the C).
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.