Features and Specifications
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Overview of the Black+Decker NSW18
- Power: This electric leaf blower has a maximum air volume rating of 90 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and an air speed rating of 120 MPH.
- Power delivery: Those who don’t want to fuss with cords will be glad to know that this blower is cordless.
- Battery: Its 1.5 Ah 18 V NiCad battery (1 battery included) enables the blower to run for up to 20 minutes without needing to a recharge.
- Handling: Being handheld, this blower has a good maneuverability and is meant to be easier to carry around over a small period of time. Among other electric handheld leaf blowers, the Black+Decker NSW18 can be considered light, weighing only 4.8 lbs.
- Speed Settings: The NSW18 by Black+Decker has just one speed setting.
- Noise: With a noise rating of 65 dB, this blower can be considered the standard for similar electric handheld blowers.
The Black+Decker NSW18's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Black+Decker NSW18 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- The air speed of the Black+Decker NSW18 maxes out at 120 MPH. While more than adequate for many jobs, its air speed is below average among other electric handheld leaf blowers (the one expelling air at the fastest speed being the Worx WG518 with 250 MPH).
- As this unit is rated at 90 CFM (cubic feet per minute), it is less powerful than most electric handheld leaf blowers (the biggest expelled air volume belonging to the Toro PowerJet™ F700 51624 with 725 CFM).
- Users can expect an autonomy of 20 minutes from its battery, which means the NSW18 won't run as long as many other cordless handheld leaf blowers before needing to be plugged in (the one with the best autonomy being the EGO POWER+ 580 CFM LB5804 with up to 180 minutes of runtime).
The bottom line
- Lightweight (4.8 lbs)
- Acceptable Noise (65 dB)
- No Speed Variation
- Low CFM (90 CFM)
- Low MPH (120 MPH)
- Low Autonomy (20 mins)
Where to buy the Black+Decker NSW18?
The Stanley Black & Decker Corporation is an American manufacturer that has produced and sold quality tools and accessories for over a hundred years. The corporation sells a wide variety of hand tools, power tools, security systems and more through its many subsidiary brands: Stanley, Black & Decker, DeWalt, Mac, Bostitch, and more. Stanley Black & Decker counts itself as a leading global manufacturer of tools and similar products with a market presence in over 100 countries.
Warranty InformationThe Black+Decker NSW18 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Black+Decker blowers, please consult Black+Decker's warranty policies. Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-544-6986