The Black+Decker NSW18 is a lightweight cordless handheld leaf blower delivering 90 CFM at 120 MPH. It features a 1.5 Ah 18 V NiCad battery. (Read full specs)
This product was discontinued. For your convenience, we decided to leave this page up.
You might still find it second hand on eBay, by clicking on the button below.
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 90|
|MPH||Up to 120|
|Weight (w/ battery)||4.8 lbs|
|Noise rating||65 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Overview of the Black+Decker NSW18
- Power: This cordless leaf blower has a maximum air volume rating of 90 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and an air speed rating of 120 MPH.
- Power delivery: The blower is battery-operated, so the operator won’t need to worry about getting tripped up by pesky cords when they’re busy getting work done.
- Battery: Its 1.5 Ah 18 V NiCad battery (1 battery included) offers a maximum autonomy of 20 minutes on a full charge.
- Handling: It’s handheld, so naturally it’s easier to handle and carry than larger leaf blowers, such as backpack models or walk-behinds. When compared to other cordless handheld blowers, the Black+Decker NSW18 stands out due to its lower weight: just 4.8 lbs battery included.
- Speed Settings: This unit is a one-speed leaf blower.
- Noise: As far as electric handheld blowers go, this one is average in terms of noise with a rating of 65 dB.
The Black+Decker NSW18's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Black+Decker NSW18 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Its max air speed of 120 MPH places it at the approximate midpoint in comparison to other battery-operated handheld blowers. If you wish to benefit from air expelled at the fastest possible speed, the Makita XBU01PT and its 208 MPH could be an option to consider.
- It’s capable of expelling a maximum air volume of 90 CFM (cubic feet per minute). This places it at the low end compared to other cordless handheld blowers. For the highest air volume, you may want to have a look at the Husqvarna 350iB, which boasts with 800 CFM.
- Users can expect a maximum autonomy of 20 minutes from its battery, which means the NSW18 won't run as long as many other cordless handheld units before needing to be plugged in. To enjoy the best possible autonomy in this category, you could have a look at the Makita CBU01Z which offers up to 300 minutes of runtime.
The bottom line
- Lightweight (4.8 lbs)
- Acceptable noise (65 dB)
- Decent MPH (120 MPH)
- Brushed motor
- No speed variation
- Low CFM (90 CFM)
- Low autonomy (20 mins)
The Stanley Black & Decker Corporation is an American manufacturer that has produced and sold quality tools and accessories for over a hundred years. The corporation sells a wide variety of hand tools, power tools, security systems and more through its many subsidiary brands: Stanley, Black & Decker, DeWalt, Mac, Bostitch, and more. Stanley Black & Decker counts itself as a leading global manufacturer of tools and similar products with a market presence in over 100 countries.
The Black+Decker NSW18 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Black+Decker blowers, please consult Black+Decker's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-544-6986.
I’ve been using my Black and Decker blower for better than 13 yrs. Very handy.