The Black+Decker NSW18 is a cordless handheld leaf blower delivering 90 CFM at 120 MPH. It features a 1.5 Ah 18 V NiCad battery. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 90|
|MPH||Up to 120|
|Noise rating||65 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Black+Decker NSW18, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Black+Decker NSW18
- Power: This cordless leaf blower has a maximum air volume rating of 90 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and an air speed rating of 120 MPH.
- Power delivery: Black+Decker designed this battery-operated unit with total mobility in mind. The NSW18 only needs to be plugged in when it is charging, so users can take it almost anywhere.
- Battery: Its 1.5 Ah 18 V NiCad battery (1 battery included) offers an autonomy of 20 minutes on a full charge.
- Handling: It’s handheld, so naturally it’s easier to handle and carry than larger leaf blowers, such as backpack models or walk-behinds. Among other cordless handheld blowers, the Black+Decker NSW18 can be considered light, weighing only 4.8 lbs.
- Speed Settings: The Black+Decker NSW18 does not have multiple speed settings. Once the blower is turned on, it always operates at the same speed.
- Noise: With a decibel rating of 65 dB, the NSW18 is neither louder nor quieter than its rivals in the electric handheld category.
The Black+Decker NSW18's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Black+Decker NSW18 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Forced air leaving this blower’s nozzle has been clocked at 120 MPH. That makes the NSW18 average in terms of air speed for battery-operated handheld blowers. If you wish to benefit from air expelled at the fastest possible speed, the Makita XBU01PT and its 208 MPH could be an option to consider.
- Its max air volume rating (90 cubic feet per minute) means it is really not the biggest air producer of cordless handheld blowers. For the highest air volume, you may want to have a look at the Ryobi RY404100, which boasts with 730 CFM.
- Autonomy-wise, with up to 20 minutes of autonomy on a full charge, the NSW18 is on the low end when compared with other cordless handheld units. To enjoy the best possible autonomy in this category, you could have a look at the EGO POWER+ LBX6000 which offers up to 96 minutes of runtime.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other cordless blowers, the Black+Decker NSW18 is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget blower.
The Stanley Black & Decker Corporation is an American manufacturer that has produced and sold quality tools and accessories for over a hundred years. The corporation sells a wide variety of hand tools, power tools, security systems and more through its many subsidiary brands: Stanley, Black & Decker, DeWalt, Mac, Bostitch, and more. Stanley Black & Decker counts itself as a leading global manufacturer of tools and similar products with a market presence in over 100 countries.
The Black+Decker NSW18 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Black+Decker blowers, please consult Black+Decker's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-544-6986.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.