The Black+Decker NSW18 is a cordless handheld leaf blower delivering 90 CFM at 120 MPH. It features a 1.5 Ah 18 V NiCad battery. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 90|
|MPH||Up to 120|
|Noise rating||65 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Black+Decker NSW18, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Black+Decker NSW18
- Power: The NSW18 is a cordless blower made by Black+Decker. It has a maximum air speed of 120 MPH and its nozzle can expel a max air volume of 90 cubic feet per minute (CFM).
- Power delivery: Those who don’t want to fuss with cords will be glad to know that this blower is battery-operated.
- Battery: Its 1.5 Ah 18 V NiCad battery (1 battery included) means that a user can operate the NSW18 for an estimated 20 minutes on a full charge.
- Handling: It’s handheld, so naturally it’s easier to handle and carry than larger leaf blowers, such as backpack models or walk-behinds. When compared to other cordless handheld blowers, the Black+Decker NSW18 stands out due to its lower weight: just 4.8 lbs.
- Speed Settings: The Black+Decker NSW18 does not have multiple speed settings. Once the blower is turned on, it always operates at the same speed.
- Noise: Its noise rating of 65 dB can be considered the standard for similar electric handheld blowers.
The Black+Decker NSW18's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Black+Decker NSW18 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Its max air speed of 120 MPH places it at the approximate midpoint in comparison to other battery-operated handheld blowers (the one expelling air at the fastest speed being the Makita XBU01PT with 208 MPH).
- Its max air volume rating (90 cubic feet per minute) means it is really not the biggest air producer of cordless handheld blowers (the biggest expelled air volume belonging to the Poulan Pro PRB675i with 675 CFM).
- Users can expect an autonomy of 20 minutes from its battery, which means the NSW18 won't run as long as many other cordless handheld units before needing to be plugged in (the one with the best autonomy being the EGO POWER+ LBX6000 with up to 96 minutes of runtime).
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other cordless blowers, the Black+Decker NSW18 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this blower nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The Stanley Black & Decker Corporation is an American manufacturer that has produced and sold quality tools and accessories for over a hundred years. The corporation sells a wide variety of hand tools, power tools, security systems and more through its many subsidiary brands: Stanley, Black & Decker, DeWalt, Mac, Bostitch, and more. Stanley Black & Decker counts itself as a leading global manufacturer of tools and similar products with a market presence in over 100 countries.
The Black+Decker NSW18 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Black+Decker blowers, please consult Black+Decker's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-544-6986.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.