The Black+Decker NSW18 is a cordless handheld leaf blower delivering 90 CFM at 120 MPH. It features a 1.5 Ah 18 V NiCad battery. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 90|
|MPH||Up to 120|
|Noise rating||65 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Black+Decker NSW18, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Black+Decker NSW18
- Power: The NSW18 is a cordless blower made by Black+Decker. It has a maximum air speed of 120 MPH and its nozzle can expel a max air volume of 90 cubic feet per minute (CFM).
- Power delivery: The blower is battery-operated, so the operator won’t need to worry about getting tripped up by pesky cords when they’re busy getting work done.
- Battery: Its 1.5 Ah 18 V NiCad battery (1 battery included) offers an autonomy of 20 minutes on a full charge.
- Handling: Being handheld, this blower has a good maneuverability and is meant to be easier to carry around over a small period of time. Among other cordless handheld blowers, the Black+Decker NSW18 can be considered light, weighing only 4.8 lbs.
- Speed Settings: This unit is a one-speed leaf blower.
- Noise: Its noise rating of 65 dB can be considered the standard for similar electric handheld blowers.
The Black+Decker NSW18's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Black+Decker NSW18 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- The Black+Decker NSW18 expels air at speeds up to 120 MPH, making it standard in terms of air speed for battery-operated handheld blowers. If you wish to benefit from air expelled at the fastest possible speed, the Makita XBU01PT and its 208 MPH could be an option to consider.
- Regarding its air volume, the airflow of the Black+Decker NSW18 can reach 90 CFM (Cubic Feet per Minute), which is on the low end for cordless handheld blowers. For the highest air volume, you may want to have a look at the Snapper XD PowerGrip, which boasts with 700 CFM.
- Users can expect an autonomy of 20 minutes from its battery, which means the NSW18 won't run as long as many other cordless handheld units before needing to be plugged in. To enjoy the best possible autonomy in this category, you could have a look at the EGO POWER+ LBX6000 which offers up to 96 minutes of runtime.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other cordless blowers, the Black+Decker NSW18 is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget blower.
The Stanley Black & Decker Corporation is an American manufacturer that has produced and sold quality tools and accessories for over a hundred years. The corporation sells a wide variety of hand tools, power tools, security systems and more through its many subsidiary brands: Stanley, Black & Decker, DeWalt, Mac, Bostitch, and more. Stanley Black & Decker counts itself as a leading global manufacturer of tools and similar products with a market presence in over 100 countries.
The Black+Decker NSW18 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Black+Decker blowers, please consult Black+Decker's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-544-6986.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.