The Black+Decker NSW18 is a lightweight cordless handheld leaf blower delivering 90 CFM at 120 MPH. It features a 1.5 Ah 18 V NiCad battery. (Read full specs)
This product was discontinued. For your convenience, we decided to leave this page up.
You might still find it second hand on eBay, by clicking on the button below.
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 90|
|MPH||Up to 120|
|Weight (w/ battery)||4.8 lbs|
|Noise rating||65 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Black+Decker NSW18, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Black+Decker NSW18
- Power: This cordless leaf blower has a maximum air volume rating of 90 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and an air speed rating of 120 MPH.
- Power delivery: The blower is battery-operated, so the operator won’t need to worry about getting tripped up by pesky cords when they’re busy getting work done.
- Battery: It has a 1.5 Ah 18 V NiCad battery (1 battery included) that should work reliably for up to 20 minutes if completely charged.
- Handling: With its handheld design, this leaf blower was created with portability in mind. Most users will have no problem using it almost anywhere. When compared to other cordless handheld blowers, the Black+Decker NSW18 stands out due to its lower weight: just 4.8 lbs battery included.
- Speed Settings: As with similar models of its class, this leaf blower has just one operating speed.
- Noise: With a decibel rating of 65 dB, the NSW18 is neither louder nor quieter than its rivals in the electric handheld category.
The Black+Decker NSW18's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Black+Decker NSW18 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Forced air leaving this blower’s nozzle has been clocked at 120 MPH. That makes the NSW18 average in terms of air speed for battery-operated handheld blowers. If you wish to benefit from air expelled at the fastest possible speed, the Makita XBU01PT and its 208 MPH could be an option to consider.
- Regarding its air volume, the airflow of the Black+Decker NSW18 can reach 90 CFM (Cubic Feet per Minute), which is on the low end for cordless handheld blowers. For the highest air volume, you may want to have a look at the CAT DG651, which boasts with 800 CFM.
- Users can expect a maximum autonomy of 20 minutes from its battery, which means the NSW18 won't run as long as many other cordless handheld units before needing to be plugged in. To enjoy the best possible autonomy in this category, you could have a look at the Makita CBU01Z which offers up to 300 minutes of runtime.
The Stanley Black & Decker Corporation is an American manufacturer that has produced and sold quality tools and accessories for over a hundred years. The corporation sells a wide variety of hand tools, power tools, security systems and more through its many subsidiary brands: Stanley, Black & Decker, DeWalt, Mac, Bostitch, and more. Stanley Black & Decker counts itself as a leading global manufacturer of tools and similar products with a market presence in over 100 countries.
The Black+Decker NSW18 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Black+Decker blowers, please consult Black+Decker's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-544-6986.