Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 90|
|MPH||Up to 120|
|Noise Rating||65 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Black+Decker NSW18, the user manual is available here.
Overview of the Black+Decker NSW18
- Power: The NSW18 is blower made by Black+Decker. It has a maximum air speed of 120 MPH and its nozzle can expel a max air volume of 90 cubic feet per minute (CFM).
- Power delivery: Black+Decker designed this battery-operated unit with total mobility in mind. The NSW18 only needs to be plugged in when it is charging, so users can take it almost anywhere.
- Battery: Its 1.5 Ah 18 V NiCad battery (1 battery included) means that a user can operate the NSW18 for an estimated 20 minutes on a full charge.
- Handling: With its handheld design, this leaf blower was created with portability in mind. Most users will have no problem using it almost anywhere. Among other cordless handheld blowers, the Black+Decker NSW18 can be considered light, weighing only 4.8 lbs.
- Speed Settings: The Black+Decker NSW18 does not have multiple speed settings. Once the blower is turned on, it always operates at the same speed.
- Noise: With a decibel rating of 65 dB, the NSW18 is neither louder nor quieter than its rivals in the electric handheld category.
The Black+Decker NSW18's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Black+Decker NSW18 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- The Black+Decker NSW18 expels air at speeds up to 120 MPH, making it standard in terms of air speed for battery-operated handheld blowers (the one expelling air at the fastest speed being the Makita XBU01PT with 208 MPH).
- Its max air volume rating (90 cubic feet per minute) means it is really not the biggest air producer of cordless handheld leaf blowers (the biggest expelled air volume belonging to the Poulan Pro PRB675i with 675 CFM).
- Autonomy-wise, with up to 20 minutes of autonomy on a full charge, the NSW18 is on the low end when compared with other cordless handheld units (the one with the best autonomy being the EGO POWER+ 580 CFM LB5804 with up to 180 minutes of runtime).
As you can see from this dynamic chart, when compared to other cordless handheld blowers, the Black+Decker NSW18 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this blower nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- Lightweight (4.8 lbs)
- Acceptable Noise (65 dB)
- Decent MPH (120 MPH)
- No Speed Variation
- Low CFM (90 CFM)
- Low autonomy (20 mins)
Where to buy the black+decker NSW18?
The Stanley Black & Decker Corporation is an American manufacturer that has produced and sold quality tools and accessories for over a hundred years. The corporation sells a wide variety of hand tools, power tools, security systems and more through its many subsidiary brands: Stanley, Black & Decker, DeWalt, Mac, Bostitch, and more. Stanley Black & Decker counts itself as a leading global manufacturer of tools and similar products with a market presence in over 100 countries.
The Black+Decker NSW18 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Black+Decker blowers, please consult Black+Decker's warranty policies. Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-544-6986.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.