The CAT DG250 is a lightweight cordless handheld leaf blower delivering 450 CFM at 100 MPH. It features a 4 Ah 18 V Li-ion battery. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Up to 450
|Up to 100
|Weight (w/ battery)
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Overview of the CAT DG250
- Power: The DG250 is a cordless blower made by CAT. It has a maximum air speed of 100 MPH and its nozzle can expel a max air volume of 450 cubic feet per minute (CFM).
- Power delivery: The DG250 is a brushless-motor, battery-operated blower. Therefore, it doesn’t require to be plugged in when it’s being used. The user will enjoy the added mobility of its cordless design.
- Battery: The CAT DG250 is powered by an easy-to-recharge 4 Ah 18 V Li-ion battery (1 DXB4 battery included).
- Handling: Being handheld, this blower has a good maneuverability and is meant to be easier to carry around over a small period of time. When compared to other cordless handheld blowers, the CAT DG250 stands out due to its lower weight: just 6.9 lbs battery included.
- Speed Settings: Not all jobs need full power. The DG250 has 2 speed settings so, you can blow more or less air from the blower depending on the job.
The CAT DG250's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the CAT DG250 compare with handheld leaf blowers of similar voltage (between 18 and 24V).
- Maxing out at 100 MPH at full power, this blower is on the lower end in terms of air speed for battery-operated handheld blowers between 18 and 24V. For the fastest air speed in this category, you may want to consider the Makita XBU07SM1, which can expell air at a velocity that can reach 143 MPH.
- The DG250 is powerful, with an airflow rating of 450 CFM (cubic feet per minute). This is certainly on the high end compared to other cordless handheld blowers with a comparable voltage. If air volume is important to you, the RIDGID R01601K, with 510 CFM, could be in your good books.
As you can see from these interactive charts, when compared to other cordless blowers, the CAT DG250 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this blower nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
CAT, short for Caterpillar Inc. is a globally renowned American Fortune 100 corporation founded in 1925, best known for manufacturing and distribution of machinery, engines, and financial products. The company is currently headquartered in Deerfield, Illinois. During its long history, CAT branded various products of partnered manufacturers, including cell phones, apparel and most importantly, power tools. Recently, Caterpillar partnered with Positec (a Chinese corporation known for its brands Worx and Rockwell tools) to expand the CAT Power Tools line by a collection of leaf blowers. So far, Caterpillar offers a limited selection of cordless blowers powered by CAT Power Tool signature cross-compatible batteries.
The CAT DG250 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of CAT blowers, please contact the CAT Customer Support: 1-800-366-3011.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.