The CAT DG650 is a cordless handheld leaf blower delivering 700 CFM at 135 MPH. It features a 2.5 Ah 60 V Li-ion battery. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 700|
|MPH||Up to 135|
|Weight (w/ battery)||8.45 lbs|
|Weight (tool only)||4.85 lbs|
|Noise rating||65 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the CAT DG650, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the CAT DG650
- Power: This cordless leaf blower has a maximum air volume rating of 700 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and an air speed rating of 135 MPH.
- Power delivery: This blower has a brushless, battery-operated motor. Thus, the user won’t have to worry about tripping over pesky cords when they’re busy working their lawn.
- Battery: Its 2.5 Ah 60 V Li-ion battery (1 DG6B25 battery included) offers a maximum autonomy of 55 minutes on a full charge.
- Handling: Being handheld, this blower has a good maneuverability and is meant to be easier to carry around over a small period of time. At 8.45 lbs (battery included), the CAT DG650 is within the average weight range of cordless handheld blowers.
- Speed Settings: In order to afford more control to the user, this unit has a variable speed control. No matter the size of the job, the user can adjust the airflow of the CAT DG650 to match.
- Noise: With a decibel rating of 65 dB, the DG650 is neither louder nor quieter than its rivals in the electric handheld category.
The CAT DG650's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the CAT DG650 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Upon exiting the nozzle, the air can reach speeds of up to 135 MPH, which is pretty much what is to be expected for battery-operated handheld blowers. If you wish to benefit from air expelled at the fastest possible speed, the Makita XBU01PT and its 208 MPH could be an option to consider.
- The DG650 is powerful, with an airflow rating of 700 CFM (cubic feet per minute). This is certainly on the high end compared to other cordless handheld blowers. If air volume is important to you, the Husqvarna 350iB, with 800 CFM, could be in your good books.
- The DG650 is within the average range for cordless handheld units, offering up to 55 minutes of running time when fully charged. If autonomy is an important factor for you, the Makita CBU01Z can run for up to 300 minutes and could be worth considering.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other cordless blowers, the CAT DG650 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this blower nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- Brushless motor
- 5 year (limited) warranty
- High CFM (700 CFM)
- Decent weight (8.45 lbs)
- Acceptable noise (65 dB)
- Decent MPH (135 MPH)
- Good autonomy (55 mins)
- The CAT DG650 doesn't have any notably low specs.
CAT, short for Caterpillar Inc. is a globally renowned American Fortune 100 corporation founded in 1925, best known for manufacturing and distribution of machinery, engines, and financial products. The company is currently headquartered in Deerfield, Illinois. During its long history, CAT branded various products of partnered manufacturers, including cell phones, apparel and most importantly, power tools. Recently, Caterpillar partnered with Positec (a Chinese corporation known for its brands Worx and Rockwell tools) to expand the CAT Power Tools line by a collection of leaf blowers. So far, Caterpillar offers a limited selection of cordless blowers powered by CAT Power Tool signature cross-compatible batteries.
The CAT DG650 is covered under a warranty for up to 5 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of CAT blowers, please consult CAT's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-366-3011.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.