The CAT DG650 is a cordless handheld leaf blower delivering 700 CFM at 135 MPH. It features a 2.5 Ah 60 V Li-ion battery. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 700|
|MPH||Up to 135|
|Weight (w/ battery)||8.45 lbs|
|Weight (tool only)||4.85 lbs|
|Noise rating||65 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the CAT DG650, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the CAT DG650
- Power: This cordless leaf blower has a maximum air volume rating of 700 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and an air speed rating of 135 MPH.
- Power delivery: This blower has a brushless, battery-operated motor. Thus, the user won’t have to worry about tripping over pesky cords when they’re busy working their lawn.
- Battery: It has a 2.5 Ah 60 V Li-ion battery (1 DG6B25 battery combo included) that should work reliably for up to 55 minutes if completely charged.
- Handling: With its handheld design, this leaf blower was created with portability in mind. Most users will have no problem using it almost anywhere. All told (including the battery), it weighs 8.45 lbs — the CAT DG650 is neither the lightest nor the heaviest cordless handheld blower on the market.
- Speed Settings: Sometimes you just need a little more power, while other times you may want a little more precision when moving leaves and debris. That’s why the DG650 features variable speed settings for added control.
- Noise: Its noise rating of 65 dB can be considered the standard for similar electric handheld blowers.
The CAT DG650's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the CAT DG650 compare with handheld leaf blowers of similar voltage (between 56 and 60V).
- Its max air speed of 135 MPH places it at the approximate midpoint in comparison to other battery-operated handheld blowers between 56 and 60V. If you wish to benefit from air expelled at the fastest possible speed, the EGO LB7654 and its 200 MPH could be an option to consider.
- The DG650 is powerful, with an airflow rating of 700 CFM (cubic feet per minute). This is certainly on the high end compared to other cordless handheld blowers with a comparable voltage. If air volume is important to you, the CAT DG651, with 800 CFM, could be in your good books.
- Autonomy-wise, with up to 55 minutes of autonomy on a full charge, the DG650 is on the low end when compared with other cordless handheld units of similar voltage. To enjoy the best possible autonomy in this category, you could have a look at the Toro 51822 which offers up to 140 minutes of runtime.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other cordless blowers, the CAT DG650 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this blower nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
CAT, short for Caterpillar Inc. is a globally renowned American Fortune 100 corporation founded in 1925, best known for manufacturing and distribution of machinery, engines, and financial products. The company is currently headquartered in Deerfield, Illinois. During its long history, CAT branded various products of partnered manufacturers, including cell phones, apparel and most importantly, power tools. Recently, Caterpillar partnered with Positec (a Chinese corporation known for its brands Worx and Rockwell tools) to expand the CAT Power Tools line by a collection of leaf blowers. So far, Caterpillar offers a limited selection of cordless blowers powered by CAT Power Tool signature cross-compatible batteries.
The CAT DG650 is covered under a warranty for up to 5 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of CAT blowers, please consult CAT's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-366-3011.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.