The CAT DG650 is a cordless handheld leaf blower delivering 700 CFM at 135 MPH. It features a 2.5 Ah 60 V Li-ion battery. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 700|
|MPH||Up to 135|
|Weight (w/ battery)||8.45 lbs|
|Weight (tool only)||4.85 lbs|
|Noise rating||65 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the CAT DG650, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the CAT DG650
- Power: The CAT DG650 is a cordless blower with a maximum air volume rating of 700 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and an air speed of 135 MPH.
- Power delivery: CAT designed this unit and its brushless, battery-operated motor with top-of-the-food-chain maneuverability in mind. The DG650 doesn’t need to be plugged in, so you can take it anywhere easily.
- Battery: With its 2.5 Ah 60 V Li-ion battery (1 DG6B25 battery included), the CAT DG650 has a standard, full-charge run time of up to 55 minutes.
- Handling: With its handheld design, this leaf blower was created with portability in mind. Most users will have no problem using it almost anywhere. All told (including the battery), it weighs 8.45 lbs — the CAT DG650 is neither the lightest nor the heaviest cordless handheld blower on the market.
- Speed Settings: For those who are keen on having complete control while operating their leaf blower, the DG650 offers variable speed settings.
- Noise: Its noise rating of 65 dB can be considered the standard for similar electric handheld blowers.
The CAT DG650's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the CAT DG650 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- The CAT DG650 expels air at speeds up to 135 MPH, making it standard in terms of air speed for battery-operated handheld blowers. If you wish to benefit from air expelled at the fastest possible speed, the Makita XBU01PT and its 208 MPH could be an option to consider.
- If air volume is an important feature, the DG650 by CAT will not disappoint. Its airflow maxes out at 700 CFM (cubic feet per minute), which is more powerful than most cordless handheld blowers. If air volume is important to you, the CAT DG651, with 800 CFM, could be in your good books.
- The DG650 is within the average range for cordless handheld units, offering up to 55 minutes of running time when fully charged. If autonomy is an important factor for you, the Toro 51822 can run for up to 140 minutes and could be worth considering.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other cordless blowers, the CAT DG650 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this blower nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
CAT, short for Caterpillar Inc. is a globally renowned American Fortune 100 corporation founded in 1925, best known for manufacturing and distribution of machinery, engines, and financial products. The company is currently headquartered in Deerfield, Illinois. During its long history, CAT branded various products of partnered manufacturers, including cell phones, apparel and most importantly, power tools. Recently, Caterpillar partnered with Positec (a Chinese corporation known for its brands Worx and Rockwell tools) to expand the CAT Power Tools line by a collection of leaf blowers. So far, Caterpillar offers a limited selection of cordless blowers powered by CAT Power Tool signature cross-compatible batteries.
The CAT DG650 is covered under a warranty for up to 5 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of CAT blowers, please consult CAT's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-366-3011.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.