The CAT DG651 is a cordless handheld leaf blower delivering 800 CFM at 170 MPH. It features a 5 Ah 60 V Li-ion battery. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 800|
|MPH||Up to 170|
|Weight (w/ battery)||11.25 lbs|
|Weight (tool only)||4.85 lbs|
|Noise rating||68 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the CAT DG651, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the CAT DG651
- Power: The CAT DG651 is a cordless blower with a maximum air volume rating of 800 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and an air speed of 170 MPH.
- Power delivery: This blower has a brushless, battery-operated motor. Thus, the user won’t have to worry about tripping over pesky cords when they’re busy working their lawn.
- Battery: Its 5 Ah 60 V Li-ion battery (1 DG6B5 battery included) offers a maximum autonomy of 110 minutes on a full charge.
- Handling: For those who are looking for a portable and convenient leaf blower, this model is a strong candidate. It’s designed for easy handling and use, and its size means it’s easily carried and stored. Be aware that, at 11.25 lbs, the CAT DG651 is on the heavier side of cordless handheld blowers.
- Speed Settings: In order to afford more control to the user, this unit has a variable speed control. No matter the size of the job, the user can adjust the airflow of the CAT DG651 to match.
- Noise: Its noise rating of 68 dB can be considered the standard for similar electric handheld blowers.
The CAT DG651's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the CAT DG651 compare with handheld leaf blowers of similar voltage (between 56 and 60V).
- Air exiting the nozzle of this blower can reach 170 MPH, which is quite a bit faster than most battery-operated handheld blowers between 56 and 60V. If you wish to benefit from air expelled at the fastest possible speed, the EGO LB7654 and its 200 MPH could be an option to consider.
- If air volume is an important feature, the DG651 by CAT will not disappoint. Its airflow maxes out at 800 CFM (cubic feet per minute), which makes this unit one of the most powerful cordless handheld blowers with a comparable voltage.
- Thanks to its autonomy of up to 110 mins, the DG651 benefits from a higher run time than many cordless handheld units in the aforementioned voltage range. If autonomy is an important factor for you, the Toro 51822 can run for up to 140 minutes and could be worth considering.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other cordless blowers, the CAT DG651 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this blower nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
CAT, short for Caterpillar Inc. is a globally renowned American Fortune 100 corporation founded in 1925, best known for manufacturing and distribution of machinery, engines, and financial products. The company is currently headquartered in Deerfield, Illinois. During its long history, CAT branded various products of partnered manufacturers, including cell phones, apparel and most importantly, power tools. Recently, Caterpillar partnered with Positec (a Chinese corporation known for its brands Worx and Rockwell tools) to expand the CAT Power Tools line by a collection of leaf blowers. So far, Caterpillar offers a limited selection of cordless blowers powered by CAT Power Tool signature cross-compatible batteries.
The CAT DG651 is covered under a warranty for up to 5 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of CAT blowers, please consult CAT's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-366-3011.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.