Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 490|
|MPH||Up to 220|
|Engine Displacement||46 cc|
|Fuel Tank||51.2 fl. oz.|
|Noise Rating||100 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Overview of the Craftsman 967851701
- Power: The 967851701, built by Craftsman, is a gas-powered leaf blower capable of expelling a maximum air volume of 490 cubic feet per minute (CFM). Its air speed is rated at 220 MPH.
- Handling: Like most backpack blowers, this model is technically heavier than a handheld. That being said, it can feel lighter and more comfortable because of the way it is carried, even when used over extended periods of time. Its throttle is located on the tube, which allows you to keep your left hand free. Among other gas-powered backpack blowers, the Craftsman 967851701 can be considered light, weighing only 19.8 lbs.
- Engine: The engine boasts a displacement of 46 cc. Please be aware that 2-cycle engines like this one require a mixture of gas and oil in order to run.
- Speed Settings: For those who are keen on having complete control while operating their leaf blower, the 967851701 offers variable speed settings.
- Noise: With a decibel rating of 100 dB, the 967851701 is neither louder nor quieter than its rivals in the gas-powered backpack category.
- Fuel Tank: With a capacity of 51.2 fl. oz., this Craftsman blower is average when compared to other gas-powered backpack leaf blowers.
The Craftsman 967851701's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Craftsman 967851701 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Upon exiting the nozzle, the air can reach speeds of up to 220 MPH, which is rather impressive for gas-powered backpack blowers (the one expelling air at the fastest speed being the Husqvarna 150BT with 251 MPH).
- Regarding its air volume, the airflow of the Craftsman 967851701 can reach 490 CFM (Cubic Feet per Minute), which is on the low end for gas-powered backpack leaf blowers (the biggest expelled air volume belonging to the Echo PB-8010H with 1071 CFM).
As you can see from this dynamic chart, when compared to other gas backpack blowers, the Craftsman 967851701 is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget blower.
The bottom line
- Lightweight (19.8 lbs)
- High MPH (220 MPH)
- Decent Tank (51.2 fl. oz.)
- Acceptable Noise (100 dB)
- Low CFM (490 CFM)
Craftsman is a label which traces its roots to 1927, when it was first registered by the Sears department store. The brand has been only recently acquired by Stanley Black & Decker. Their products have never been manufactured centrally and the brand instead relies on contracted labour from various nameless manufacturers. Their selection features a wide range of lawn keeping equipment, including several leaf blowers. Little by little, Craftsman are diversifying their leaf blower offers. Craftsman blowers used to be exclusively handheld and electrically powered, but we now see backpack, walk-behind and gas-powered models. Both their price and specs range from the lower to middle tier.
The Craftsman 967851701 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Craftsman blowers, please consult Craftsman's warranty policies. Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-888-331-4569.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.