Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 490|
|MPH||Up to 220|
|Engine Displacement||46 cc|
|Fuel Tank||51.2 fl. oz.|
|Noise Rating||100 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Overview of the Craftsman 967851701
- Power: The 967851701 gas-powered blower, manufactured by Craftsman, is rated for a max air volume of 490 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and a max air speed of 220 MPH.
- Handling: Like most backpack blowers, this model is technically heavier than a handheld. That being said, it can feel lighter and more comfortable because of the way it is carried, even when used over extended periods of time. Its throttle is located on the tube, which allows you to keep your left hand free. Among other gas-powered backpack blowers, the Craftsman 967851701 can be considered light, weighing only 19.8 lbs.
- Engine: The engine boasts a displacement of 46 cc. As you may or may not know, 2-stroke engines require a mixture of gasoline and oil in order to keep all the moving parts lubricated while fuelling the engine’s internal combustion. You can find the manufacturer’s specific gas/oil ratio in your user manual.
- Speed Settings: Thanks to its variable speed settings, the Craftsman 967851701 allows precise control of the air output.
- Noise: With a noise rating of 100 dB, this blower can be considered the standard for similar gas-powered backpack blowers.
- Fuel Tank: Its tank can hold 51.2 fl. oz., so it falls squarely in the average in terms of fuel capacity.
The Craftsman 967851701's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Craftsman 967851701 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- It can push air from the nozzle at 220 MPH, which puts it ahead of its class in terms of air speed for gas-powered backpack blowers (the one expelling air at the fastest speed being the Husqvarna 150BT with 251 MPH).
- As this unit is rated at 490 CFM (cubic feet per minute), it expells less air than most gas-powered backpack leaf blowers (the biggest expelled air volume belonging to the Echo PB-8010H with 1071 CFM).
The bottom line
- Lightweight (19.8 lbs)
- High MPH (220 MPH)
- Decent Tank (51.2 fl. oz.)
- Acceptable Noise (100 dB)
- Low CFM (490 CFM)
Craftsman is a label which traces its roots to 1927, when it was first registered by the Sears department store. The brand has been only recently acquired by Stanley Black & Decker. Their products have never been manufactured centrally and the brand instead relies on contracted labour from various nameless manufacturers. Their selection features a wide range of lawn keeping equipment, including several leaf blowers. Little by little, Craftsman are diversifying their leaf blower offers. Craftsman blowers used to be exclusively handheld and electrically powered, but we now see backpack, walk-behind and gas-powered models. Both their price and specs range from the lower to middle tier.
The Craftsman 967851701 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Craftsman blowers, please consult Craftsman's warranty policies. Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-888-331-4569.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.