The Craftsman B2200 is a gas-powered handheld leaf blower delivering 430 CFM at 200 MPH. It features a 2-cycle 25cc engine. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 430|
|MPH||Up to 200|
|Fuel tank||14 fl. oz.|
|Noise rating||72 dB|
|Other model numbers||CMXGAAMRBL25|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Overview of the Craftsman B2200
- Power: The B2200, built by Craftsman, is a gas-powered leaf blower capable of expelling a maximum air volume of 430 cubic feet per minute (CFM). Its air speed is rated at 200 MPH.
- Handling: Being handheld, this blower has a good maneuverability and is meant to be easier to carry around over a small period of time. All told, it weighs 10.3 lbs — the Craftsman B2200 is neither the lightest nor the heaviest gas-powered handheld blower on the market.
- Engine: The blower is fitted with a 25 cc engine. Please note that, because the Craftsman B2200's engine is a 2-cycle one, it runs on a mixture of oil and gasoline. According to Craftsman, the proper fuel mixture ratio for this blower is 40:1.
- Speed Settings: To provide more control over their job to the user, the unit has a variable speed control setting. No matter the size of the job, the user can adjust the airflow of the Craftsman B2200 to match it. On top of that, maintaining the selected speed is effortless, as it also features cruise control.
- Noise: With a decibel rating of 72 dB, the B2200 is neither louder nor quieter than its rivals in the gas-powered handheld category.
- Fuel Tank: It has an average fuel capacity for a handheld blower, with a tank that holds around 14 fl. oz of fuel.
The Craftsman B2200's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Craftsman B2200 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Upon exiting the nozzle, the air can reach speeds of up to 200 MPH, which is rather impressive for a gas-powered handheld blower. If you wish to benefit from air expelled at the fastest possible speed, the Craftsman BV2500 and its 250 MPH could be an option to consider.
- The B2200 is average in terms of air volume. It's rated at 430 CFM, which is common for gas-powered handheld blowers. If air volume is important to you, the Craftsman B225, with 650 CFM, could be in your good books.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas handheld blowers, the Craftsman B2200 is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget blower.
Craftsman is a label which traces its roots to 1927, when it was first registered by the Sears department store. The brand has been only recently acquired by Stanley Black & Decker. Their products seem to be assembled in the US, from materials that are sourced abroad. Their selection features a wide range of lawn keeping equipment, including several leaf blowers. Little by little, Craftsman are diversifying their leaf blower offers. Craftsman blowers used to be exclusively handheld and electrically powered, but we now see backpack and gas-powered models. Both their price and specs range from the lower to middle tier.
The Craftsman B2200 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Craftsman blowers, please consult Craftsman's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-888-331-4569.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.