The Craftsman B225 is a gas-powered handheld leaf blower delivering 650 CFM at 135 MPH. It features a 2-cycle 27 cc engine. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 650|
|MPH||Up to 135|
|Engine displacement||27 cc|
|Noise rating||75 dB|
|Other model numbers||CMXGAAMR27MF|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Overview of the Craftsman B225
- Power: The Craftsman B225 is a gas-powered leaf blower. It sports a max air speed of 135 MPH and a max air volume rating of 650 cubic feet per minute (CFM).
- Handling: Being handheld, this blower has a good maneuverability and is meant to be easier to carry around over a small period of time. All told, it weighs 11 lbs — the Craftsman B225 is neither the lightest nor the heaviest gas-powered handheld blower on the market.
- Engine: The engine boasts a displacement of 27 cc. While this engine has a traditional recoil starter, it is also electric start capable (JumpStart Drill Bit not included). Please be aware that 2-cycle engines like this one require a mixture of gas and oil in order to run. For the Craftsman B225, this ratio is 40:1.
- Speed Settings: For those who are keen on having complete control while operating their leaf blower, the B225 offers variable speed settings.
- Noise: Its noise rating of 75 dB can be considered the standard for similar gas-powered handheld blowers.
The Craftsman B225's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Craftsman B225 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Air expelled from the nozzle of this blower can reach 135 MPH. When compared to others of this type, the B225 has a lower air speed than most gas-powered handheld blowers (the one expelling air at the fastest speed being the Poulan Pro PPBV25 with 230 MPH).
- If air volume is an important feature, the B225 by Craftsman will not disappoint. Its airflow maxes out at 650 CFM (cubic feet per minute), which is more powerful than most gas-powered handheld blowers – it's actually the best!
Craftsman is a label which traces its roots to 1927, when it was first registered by the Sears department store. The brand has been only recently acquired by Stanley Black & Decker. Their products seem to be assembled in the US, from materials that are sourced abroad. Their selection features a wide range of lawn keeping equipment, including several leaf blowers. Little by little, Craftsman are diversifying their leaf blower offers. Craftsman blowers used to be exclusively handheld and electrically powered, but we now see backpack, walk-behind and gas-powered models. Both their price and specs range from the lower to middle tier.
The Craftsman B225 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Craftsman blowers, please consult Craftsman's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-888-331-4569.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.