The Craftsman B225 is a gas-powered handheld leaf blower delivering 650 CFM at 135 MPH. It features a 2-cycle 27cc engine. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 650|
|MPH||Up to 135|
|Noise rating||75 dB|
|Other model numbers||CMXGAAMR27MF|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Overview of the Craftsman B225
- Power: The B225 gas-powered blower, manufactured by Craftsman, is rated for a max air volume of 650 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and a max air speed of 135 MPH.
- Handling: It’s handheld, so naturally it’s easier to handle and carry than larger leaf blowers, such as backpack models or walk-behinds. All told, it weighs 11 lbs — the Craftsman B225 is neither the lightest nor the heaviest gas-powered handheld blower on the market.
- Engine: This blower's engine has a displacement specification of 27 cc. While this engine has a traditional recoil starter, it is also electric start capable (JumpStart Drill Bit not included). Please be aware that 2-cycle engines like this one require a mixture of gas and oil in order to run. For the Craftsman B225, this ratio is 40:1.
- Speed Settings: With its variable speed settings, the Craftsman B225 allows you to precisely control its air output. In addition, the blower is also equipped with cruise control, with which the user can easily maintain the selected settings.
- Noise: As far as gas-powered handheld blowers go, this one is average in terms of noise with a rating of 75 dB.
The Craftsman B225's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Craftsman B225 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Upon exiting the nozzle, the air can reach speeds of up to 135 MPH, which is on the lower end for gas-powered handheld blowers. For the fastest air speed in this category, you may want to consider the Craftsman BV2500, which can expell air at a velocity that can reach 250 MPH.
- The B225 is powerful, with an airflow rating of 650 CFM (cubic feet per minute). This is the highest CFM among gas-powered handheld blowers.
The bottom line
- Cruise control
- Electric start capable
- High CFM (650 CFM)
- Decent weight (11 lbs)
- Acceptable noise (75 dB)
- Low MPH (135 MPH)
Craftsman is a label which traces its roots to 1927, when it was first registered by the Sears department store. The brand has been only recently acquired by Stanley Black & Decker. Their products seem to be assembled in the US, from materials that are sourced abroad. Their selection features a wide range of lawn keeping equipment, including several leaf blowers. Little by little, Craftsman are diversifying their leaf blower offers. Craftsman blowers used to be exclusively handheld and electrically powered, but we now see backpack and gas-powered models. Both their price and specs range from the lower to middle tier.
The Craftsman B225 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Craftsman blowers, please consult Craftsman's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-888-331-4569.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.