The Craftsman B225 is a gas-powered handheld leaf blower delivering 650 CFM at 135 MPH. It features a 2-cycle 27 cc engine. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 650|
|MPH||Up to 135|
|Engine displacement||27 cc|
|Noise rating||75 dB|
|Other model numbers||CMXGAAMR27MF|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Overview of the Craftsman B225
- Power: The Craftsman B225 is a gas-powered blower with a maximum air volume rating of 650 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and an air speed of 135 MPH.
- Handling: For those who are looking for a portable and convenient leaf blower, this model is a strong candidate. It’s designed for easy handling and use, and its size means it’s easily carried and stored. At 11 lbs, the Craftsman B225 is within the average weight range of gas-powered handheld blowers.
- Engine: The engine boasts a displacement of 27 cc. While this engine has a traditional recoil starter, it is also electric start capable (JumpStart Drill Bit not included). As you may or may not know, 2-stroke engines require a mixture of gasoline and oil in order to keep all the moving parts lubricated while fuelling the engine’s internal combustion. The fuel/oil ratio recommended by Craftsman for the B225 is 40:1.
- Speed Settings: With its variable speed settings, the Craftsman B225 allows you to precisely control its air output. In addition, the blower is also equipped with cruise control, with which the user can easily maintain the selected settings.
- Noise: As far as gas-powered handheld blowers go, this one is average in terms of noise with a rating of 75 dB.
The Craftsman B225's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Craftsman B225 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Air expelled from the nozzle of this blower can reach 135 MPH. When compared to others of this type, the B225 has a lower air speed than most gas-powered handheld blowers. For the fastest air speed in this category, you may want to consider the Poulan Pro PPBV25, which can expell air at a velocity that can reach 230 MPH.
- If air volume is an important feature, the B225 by Craftsman will not disappoint. Its airflow maxes out at 650 CFM (cubic feet per minute), which makes this unit one of the most powerful gas-powered handheld blowers.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas handheld blowers, the Craftsman B225 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this blower nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
Craftsman is a label which traces its roots to 1927, when it was first registered by the Sears department store. The brand has been only recently acquired by Stanley Black & Decker. Their products seem to be assembled in the US, from materials that are sourced abroad. Their selection features a wide range of lawn keeping equipment, including several leaf blowers. Little by little, Craftsman are diversifying their leaf blower offers. Craftsman blowers used to be exclusively handheld and electrically powered, but we now see backpack, walk-behind and gas-powered models. Both their price and specs range from the lower to middle tier.
The Craftsman B225 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Craftsman blowers, please consult Craftsman's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-888-331-4569.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.