The Craftsman B235 is a gas-powered handheld leaf blower delivering 450 CFM at 150 MPH. It features a 2-cycle 27 cc engine. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 450|
|MPH||Up to 150|
|Engine displacement||27 cc|
|Fuel tank||14 fl. oz.|
|Noise rating||74 dB|
|Other model numbers||CMXGAAMR27AB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Craftsman B235, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Craftsman B235
- Power: The Craftsman B235 is a gas-powered leaf blower. It sports a max air speed of 150 MPH and a max air volume rating of 450 cubic feet per minute (CFM).
- Handling: With its handheld design, this leaf blower was created with portability in mind. Most users will have no problem using it almost anywhere. All told, it weighs 9.8 lbs — the Craftsman B235 is neither the lightest nor the heaviest gas-powered handheld blower on the market.
- Engine: This blower's engine has a displacement specification of 27 cc. As you may or may not know, 2-stroke engines require a mixture of gasoline and oil in order to keep all the moving parts lubricated while fuelling the engine’s internal combustion. The fuel/oil ratio recommended by Craftsman for the B235 is 40:1.
- Speed Settings: For those who wish to have complete control while operating their leaf blower, the B235 offers variable speed settings, and moreover, is also equipped with cruise control, which allows the user to comfortably continue blowing at their preferred setting.
- Noise: With a decibel rating of 74 dB, the B235 is neither louder nor quieter than its rivals in the gas-powered handheld category.
- Fuel Tank: With a capacity of 14 fl. oz., this Craftsman blower is average when compared to other gas handheld blowers.
The Craftsman B235's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Craftsman B235 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Upon exiting the nozzle, the air can reach speeds of up to 150 MPH, which is on the lower end for gas-powered handheld blowers. For the fastest air speed in this category, you may want to consider the Poulan Pro PPBV25, which can expell air at a velocity that can reach 230 MPH.
- Regarding its air volume, the airflow of the Craftsman B235 can reach 450 CFM (Cubic Feet per Minute), which is on par with other gas-powered handheld blowers. If air volume is important to you, the Troy-Bilt TB2MB JET, with 650 CFM, could be in your good books.
Craftsman is a label which traces its roots to 1927, when it was first registered by the Sears department store. The brand has been only recently acquired by Stanley Black & Decker. Their products seem to be assembled in the US, from materials that are sourced abroad. Their selection features a wide range of lawn keeping equipment, including several leaf blowers. Little by little, Craftsman are diversifying their leaf blower offers. Craftsman blowers used to be exclusively handheld and electrically powered, but we now see backpack, walk-behind and gas-powered models. Both their price and specs range from the lower to middle tier.
The Craftsman B235 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Craftsman blowers, please consult Craftsman's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-888-331-4569.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.