The Craftsman BP510 is a gas-powered backpack leaf blower delivering 600 CFM at 220 MPH. It features a 2-cycle 51cc engine. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 600|
|MPH||Up to 220|
|Other model numbers||CMXGAAMR51BP|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Overview of the Craftsman BP510
- Power: The Craftsman BP510 is a gas-powered blower with a maximum air volume rating of 600 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and an air speed of 220 MPH.
- Handling: This blower’s backpack functionality makes make it less exerting on the user, even when used for an extended period of time. Its throttle is located on the tube, which allows you to keep your left hand free. However, for a gas-powered backpack blower, the Craftsman BP510 is heavier than most, weighing 26 lbs.
- Engine: The blower is fitted with a 51cc engine. Please be aware that 2-cycle engines like this one require a mixture of gas and oil in order to run.
- Speed Settings: To provide more control over their job to the user, the unit has a variable speed control setting. No matter the size of the job, the user can adjust the airflow of the Craftsman BP510 to match it. On top of that, maintaining the selected speed is effortless, as it also features cruise control.
The Craftsman BP510's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Craftsman BP510 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- The Craftsman BP510 expels air at speeds up to 220 MPH, making it standard in terms of air speed for gas-powered backpack blowers. If you wish to benefit from air expelled at the fastest possible speed, the Husqvarna 150BT and its 270 MPH could be an option to consider.
- It’s capable of expelling a maximum air volume of 600 CFM (cubic feet per minute). This places it at the low end compared to other gas-powered backpack blowers. For the highest air volume, you may want to have a look at the Echo PB-9010T, which boasts with 1110 CFM.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas backpack blowers, the Craftsman BP510 is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget blower.
Craftsman is a label which traces its roots to 1927, when it was first registered by the Sears department store. The brand has been only recently acquired by Stanley Black & Decker. Their products seem to be assembled in the US, from materials that are sourced abroad. Their selection features a wide range of lawn keeping equipment, including several leaf blowers. Little by little, Craftsman are diversifying their leaf blower offers. Craftsman blowers used to be exclusively handheld and electrically powered, but we now see backpack and gas-powered models. Both their price and specs range from the lower to middle tier.
The Craftsman BP510 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Craftsman blowers, please consult Craftsman's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-888-331-4569.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.