The Craftsman BP510 is a gas-powered backpack leaf blower delivering 600 CFM at 220 MPH. It features a 2-cycle 51cc engine. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 600|
|MPH||Up to 220|
|Other model numbers||CMXGAAMR51BP|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Overview of the Craftsman BP510
- Power: The BP510 gas-powered blower, manufactured by Craftsman, is rated for a max air volume of 600 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and a max air speed of 220 MPH.
- Handling: As this unit is a backpack leaf blower, the majority of the unit is distributed so that the user can operate it with ease for most reasonable periods of use. Its throttle is located on the tube, which allows you to keep your left hand free. However, for a gas-powered backpack blower, the Craftsman BP510 is heavier than most, weighing 26 lbs.
- Engine: This blower's engine has a displacement specification of 51 cc. Being that this is a 2-stroke engine, it must be fuelled using a mix of gas and oil. The proper fuel mixture ratio can be found in your BP510 user manual.
- Speed Settings: For those who wish to have complete control while operating their leaf blower, the BP510 offers variable speed settings, and moreover, is also equipped with cruise control, which allows the user to comfortably continue blowing at their preferred setting.
The Craftsman BP510's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Craftsman BP510 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- The Craftsman BP510 expels air at speeds up to 220 MPH, making it standard in terms of air speed for gas-powered backpack blowers. If you wish to benefit from air expelled at the fastest possible speed, the Husqvarna 150BT and its 270 MPH could be an option to consider.
- It’s capable of expelling a maximum air volume of 600 CFM (cubic feet per minute). This places it at the low end compared to other gas-powered backpack blowers. For the highest air volume, you may want to have a look at the Echo PB-9010T, which boasts with 1110 CFM.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas backpack blowers, the Craftsman BP510 is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget blower.
The bottom line
- Cruise control
- Decent MPH (220 MPH)
- Quite heavy (26 lbs)
- Low CFM (600 CFM)
Craftsman is a label which traces its roots to 1927, when it was first registered by the Sears department store. The brand has been only recently acquired by Stanley Black & Decker. Their products seem to be assembled in the US, from materials that are sourced abroad. Their selection features a wide range of lawn keeping equipment, including several leaf blowers. Little by little, Craftsman are diversifying their leaf blower offers. Craftsman blowers used to be exclusively handheld and electrically powered, but we now see backpack and gas-powered models. Both their price and specs range from the lower to middle tier.
The Craftsman BP510 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Craftsman blowers, please consult Craftsman's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-888-331-4569.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.
I bought this blower in the end of March of this year (22). Used it four times. Always with fresh 50-1 gas. Now it will not start. Lowes was of no assistance. Put in a warranty request with Craftsman. I have not heard from them. Looks like a loss of $259. I would stay away from Craftsman products
For the price I was excited when I bought it. Not as strong i I expected. Then tried to used the following weekend and it will not start. Horrible!!!
Cannot get parts. spark plug , filter, uses a small spark plug and not the normal spark plug wrench. I am trying to find parts online. Lowes has nothing but the blower. VERY Maddening. the first one i bought on New Years eve. had to return it did not work. now only 4 months later this one is not working. trying to see if just needs spark plug. had to buy socket for 9.00 to get the plug out and cannot find the replacement in stores here. Not a happy customer