The Craftsman BV2500 is a 3-in-1 blower/vacuum/mulcher delivering 450 CFM at 250 MPH. It features a 2-cycle 27cc engine. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Up to 450
|Up to 250
|14 fl. oz.
|Yes, plastic impeller
|Other model numbers
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Overview of the Craftsman BV2500
- Power: The Craftsman BV2500 is a gas-powered leaf blower. It sports a max air speed of 250 MPH and a max air volume rating of 450 cubic feet per minute (CFM).
- Handling: It’s handheld, so naturally it’s easier to handle and carry than larger leaf blowers, such as backpack models or walk-behinds. All told, it weighs 10.2 lbs — the Craftsman BV2500 is neither the lightest nor the heaviest gas-powered handheld blower on the market.
- Engine: The blower is fitted with a 27cc engine. Please be aware that 2-cycle engines like this one require a mixture of gas and oil in order to run. For the Craftsman BV2500, this ratio is 50:1.
- Speed Settings: To provide more control over their job to the user, the unit has a variable speed control setting. No matter the size of the job, the user can adjust the airflow of the Craftsman BV2500 to match it. On top of that, maintaining the selected speed is effortless, as it also features cruise control.
- Vacuum: As a blower vac, the BV2500 handily vacuums unwanted material into a storage bag for easy disposal (14 gallon bag included).
- Mulching: With a mulching ratio of 16:1, this mulcher can shrink 16 bags of leaves down to one bag of mulch, helping you get rid of unwanted leaves and debris. The unit uses a plastic impeller.
- Noise: Its noise rating of 74 dB can be considered the standard for similar gas-powered handheld blowers.
- Fuel Tank: It has an average fuel capacity for a handheld blower, with a tank that holds around 14 fl. oz of fuel.
The Craftsman BV2500's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Craftsman BV2500 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Forced air exiting this blower has been clocked at a max speed of 250 MPH. This puts the BV2500 at the head of the pack as far as air speed is concernedin gas-powered handheld blowers.
- Regarding its air volume, the airflow of the Craftsman BV2500 can reach 450 CFM (Cubic Feet per Minute), which is on par with other gas-powered handheld blowers. If air volume is important to you, the Craftsman B225, with 650 CFM, could be in your good books.
As you can see from these interactive charts, when compared to other blower vacs, the Craftsman BV2500 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this blower nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
Craftsman is a label which traces its roots to 1927, when it was first registered by the Sears department store. The brand has been only recently acquired by Stanley Black & Decker. Their products seem to be assembled in the US, from materials that are sourced abroad. Their selection features a wide range of lawn keeping equipment, including several leaf blowers. Little by little, Craftsman are diversifying their leaf blower offers. Craftsman blowers used to be exclusively handheld and electrically powered, but we now see backpack and gas-powered models. Both their price and specs range from the lower to middle tier.
The Craftsman BV2500 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Craftsman blowers, please consult Craftsman's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-888-331-4569.
Questions & Answers
Does this product have a metal or plastic impeller? (Asked April 2, 2022)
The impeller is plastic.
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.