The Cub Cadet CB2900 is a self-propelled wheeled leaf blower delivering 2300 CFM at 200 MPH. It features a 4-cycle 429 cc engine. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 2300|
|MPH||Up to 200|
|Engine displacement||429 cc|
|Fuel tank||237 fl. oz.|
|Noise rating||100 dB|
|Other model numbers||24AE687F010|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Overview of the Cub Cadet CB2900
- Power: The CB2900 gas-powered blower, manufactured by Cub Cadet, is rated for a max air volume of 2300 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and a max air speed of 200 MPH.
- Handling: For bigger jobs covering a large area or for those who simply want to keep their leaf blower on the ground, walk-behind blowers such as the Cub Cadet CB2900 are an ideal choice. They are typically much more powerful than handheld or backpack blowers. This push blower is also self-propelled, a feature that makes pushing it around easy despite its heaviness.
- Engine: This blower is fitted with a 429 cc Kohler® CH440 engine. As this is a 4-stroke engine, the blower does not require a mix of gas and oil in order to run.
- Speed Settings: There are times when you only need a little more power, while other times you will want a bit more precision when clearing leaves and debris. For this purpose, the CB2900 offers variable speed settings, adding you, the user, more control, and a cruise control mode, which will allow you to maintain it comfortably for as long as you wish.
- Noise: With a decibel rating of 100 dB, the CB2900 is neither louder nor quieter than its rivals in the gas-powered walk-behind category.
- Fuel Tank: With a tank that can hold 237 fluid ounces, this model has a much higher fuel capacity than you’ll typically find with gas walk-behind blowers.
The Cub Cadet CB2900's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Cub Cadet CB2900 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Forced air exiting this blower has been clocked at a max speed of 200 MPH. This puts the CB2900 at the head of the pack as far as air speed is concerned in gas-powered walk-behind blowers.
- The CB2900 is powerful, with an airflow rating of 2300 CFM (cubic feet per minute). This is certainly on the high end compared to other gas-powered walk-behind blowers. If air volume is important to you, the Billy Goat F1802V, with 2900 CFM, could be in your good books.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas walk-behind blowers, the Cub Cadet CB2900 is on the expensive side of the price range.
While certainly not the cheapest of its kind, purchasing it could most likely also mean enjoying the reliability of a high-end product.
About Cub Cadet
Founded in 1960 in Cleveland, Ohio, Cub Cadet is a younger, yet well-known manufacturing company in Northern America. Cub Cadet is a prominent manufacturer of heavy-duty vehicles, such as tractors or loaders. Their tractor mowers dominate the lawns of Norther America. Despite that, they’re far from an underdog in the “handheld” power equipment industry. Their wide product range includes lawn mowers, snow blowers and, of course, leaf blowers. The company sticks to its roots and focuses mainly on wheeled, walk-behind blowers.
The Cub Cadet CB2900 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Cub Cadet blowers, please contact the Cub Cadet Customer Support: 1-877-282-8684.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.