The Dewalt DCBL590X1 is a cordless backpack leaf blower delivering 450 CFM at 142 MPH. It features a 7.5 Ah 40 V Li-ion battery. (Read full specs)
This product was discontinued. For your convenience, we decided to leave this page up.
You might still find it second hand on eBay, by clicking on the button below.
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 450|
|MPH||Up to 142|
|Noise rating||63 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Dewalt DCBL590X1, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Dewalt DCBL590X1
- Power: The Dewalt DCBL590X1 can force 450 cubic feet of air per minute (CFM) from its nozzle at a maximum speed of 142 MPH.
- Power delivery: Since the device is powered by a brushless, battery-operated motor, it doesn’t require to be plugged in and therefore, it allows superb freedom of movement.
- Battery: With its 7.5 Ah 40 V Li-ion battery, the Dewalt DCBL590X1 has a standard, full-charge run time of up to 20 minutes.
- Handling: As this unit is a backpack leaf blower, the majority of the unit is distributed so that the user can operate it with ease for most reasonable periods of use. Its throttle is located on the tube, which allows you to keep your left hand free. Be aware that, at 37 lbs, the Dewalt DCBL590X1 is on the heavier side for electric backpack blowers.
- Speed Settings: For those who wish to have complete control while operating their leaf blower, the DCBL590X1 offers variable speed settings, and moreover, is also equipped with cruise control, which allows the user to comfortably continue blowing at their preferred setting.
- Noise: As far as electric backpack blowers go, this one is average in terms of noise with a rating of 63 dB.
The Dewalt DCBL590X1's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Dewalt DCBL590X1 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- The air speed of the Dewalt DCBL590X1 maxes out at 142 MPH. While more than adequate for many jobs, its air speed is below average among other battery-operated backpack blowers. For the fastest air speed in this category, you may want to consider the Greenworks 60BP700, which can expell air at a velocity that can reach 160 MPH.
- Its max air volume rating (450 cubic feet per minute) means it is really not the biggest air producer of cordless backpack blowers. For the highest air volume, you may want to have a look at the Greenworks 60BP700, which boasts with 710 CFM.
- Users can expect a maximum autonomy of 20 minutes from its battery, which means the DCBL590X1 won't run as long as many other cordless backpack units before needing to be plugged in. To enjoy the best possible autonomy in this category, you could have a look at the Kobalt KBB 4240-06 which offers up to 200 minutes of runtime.
DeWalt is a subsidiary of the Stanley Black & Decker Corporation, a major global tool & hardware manufacturer. DeWalt made its name selling woodworking machines in 1923. Since then, it has expanded its catalog to over 1,000 tools and accessories, including its top-of-the-line electric power tools that first hit the market in 1992. DeWalt stands behind its slogan, “Guaranteed Tough,” offering heavy-duty tools and accessories capable of performing reliably for home and professional users alike.
The Dewalt DCBL590X1 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Dewalt blowers, please consult Dewalt's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-4-DEWALT (800-433-9258).
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.