Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 450|
|MPH||Up to 142|
|Noise Rating||63 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Dewalt DCBL590X1, the user manual is available here.
Overview of the Dewalt DCBL590X1
- Power: The Dewalt DCBL590X1 is blower with a maximum air volume rating of 450 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and an air speed of 142 MPH.
- Power delivery: Dewalt designed this battery-operated unit with total mobility in mind. The DCBL590X1 only needs to be plugged in when it is charging, so users can take it almost anywhere.
- Battery: Its 7.5 Ah 40 V Li-ion battery (1 battery included) offers an autonomy of 40 minutes on a full charge.
- Handling: This blower’s backpack functionality makes make it less exerting on the user, even when used for an extended period of time. Its throttle is located on the tube, which allows you to keep your left hand free. However, for a electric backpack blower, the Dewalt DCBL590X1 is heavier than most, weighing 22.8 lbs.
- Speed Settings: For those who are keen on having complete control while operating their leaf blower, the DCBL590X1 offers variable speed settings.
- Noise: With a decibel rating of 63 dB, the DCBL590X1 is neither louder nor quieter than its rivals in the electric backpack category.
The Dewalt DCBL590X1's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Dewalt DCBL590X1 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Air expelled from the nozzle of this blower can reach 142 MPH. When compared to others of this type, the DCBL590X1 has a lower air speed than most electric backpack blowers (the one expelling air at the fastest speed being the Poulan Pro PRBP675i with 150 MPH).
- Regarding its air volume, the airflow of the Dewalt DCBL590X1 can reach 450 CFM (Cubic Feet per Minute), which is on the low end for electric backpack leaf blowers (the biggest expelled air volume belonging to the Poulan Pro PRBP675i with 675 CFM).
- The longevity of this model’s battery is notably higher than most cordless backpack units It offers an autonomy of up to 40 minutes - in fact, it's got the longest runtime of all!
As you can see from this dynamic chart, when compared to other electric backpack blowers, the Dewalt DCBL590X1 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this blower nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
What is the difference between the DCBL590X1 and the DCBL590X2?
They are exactly the same, except that the DCBL590X2 comes with 2 batteries instead of q.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- Excellent autonomy (40 mins)
- Acceptable Noise (63 dB)
- Quite heavy (22.8 lbs)
- Low CFM (450 CFM)
- Low MPH (142 MPH)
Where to buy the dewalt DCBL590X1?
DeWalt is a subsidiary of the Stanley Black & Decker Corporation, a major global tool & hardware manufacturer. DeWalt made its name selling woodworking machines in 1923. Since then, it has expanded its catalog to over 1,000 tools and accessories, including its top-of-the-line electric power tools that first hit the market in 1992. DeWalt stands behind its slogan, “Guaranteed Tough,” offering heavy-duty tools and accessories capable of performing reliably for home and professional users alike.
Warranty InformationThe Dewalt DCBL590X1 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Dewalt blowers, please consult Dewalt's warranty policies. Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-4-DEWALT (800-433-9258).