The Dewalt DCBL590X1 is a cordless backpack leaf blower delivering 450 CFM at 142 MPH. It features a 7.5 Ah 40 V Li-ion battery. (Read full specs)
This product was discontinued. For your convenience, we decided to leave this page up.
You might still find it second hand on eBay, by clicking on the button below.
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 450|
|MPH||Up to 142|
|Weight (w/ battery)||27 lbs|
|Weight (tool only)||22.8 lbs|
|Noise rating||63 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Dewalt DCBL590X1, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Dewalt DCBL590X1
- Power: This cordless leaf blower has a maximum air volume rating of 450 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and an air speed rating of 142 MPH.
- Power delivery: The DCBL590X1 is a brushless-motor, battery-operated blower. Therefore, it doesn’t require to be plugged in when it’s being used. The user will enjoy the added mobility of its cordless design.
- Battery: Its 7.5 Ah 40 V Li-ion battery (1 DCB407 battery included) offers a maximum autonomy of 20 minutes on a full charge.
- Handling: This blower’s backpack functionality makes make it less exerting on the user, even when used for an extended period of time. Its throttle is located on the tube, which allows you to keep your left hand free. Be aware that, at 27 lbs, the Dewalt DCBL590X1 is on the heavier side of electric backpack blowers.
- Speed Settings: For those who wish to have complete control while operating their leaf blower, the DCBL590X1 offers variable speed settings, and moreover, is also equipped with cruise control, which allows the user to comfortably continue blowing at their preferred setting.
- Noise: Its noise rating of 63 dB can be considered the standard for similar electric backpack blowers.
The Dewalt DCBL590X1's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Dewalt DCBL590X1 compare with backpack leaf blowers of similar voltage (between 36 and 40V).
- The air speed of the Dewalt DCBL590X1 maxes out at 142 MPH. While more than adequate for many jobs, its air speed is below average among other battery-operated backpack blowers between 36 and 40V. For the fastest air speed in this category, you may want to consider the Echo DPB-5800T, which can expell air at a velocity that can reach 195 MPH.
- It’s capable of expelling a maximum air volume of 450 CFM (cubic feet per minute). This places it at the low end compared to other cordless backpack blowers with a comparable voltage. For the highest air volume, you may want to have a look at the Ryobi RY404170, which boasts with 730 CFM.
- Users can expect a maximum autonomy of 20 minutes from its battery, which means the DCBL590X1 won't run as long as many other cordless backpack units before needing to be plugged in. To enjoy the best possible autonomy in this category, you could have a look at the Makita CBU02Z which offers up to 240 minutes of runtime.
DeWalt is a subsidiary of the Stanley Black & Decker Corporation, a major global tool & hardware manufacturer. DeWalt made its name selling woodworking machines in 1923. Since then, it has expanded its catalog to over 1,000 tools and accessories, including its top-of-the-line electric power tools that first hit the market in 1992. DeWalt stands behind its slogan, “Guaranteed Tough,” offering heavy-duty tools and accessories capable of performing reliably for home and professional users alike.
The Dewalt DCBL590X1 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Dewalt blowers, please consult Dewalt's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-4-DEWALT (800-433-9258).