The Dewalt DCBL590X1 is a cordless backpack leaf blower delivering 450 CFM at 142 MPH. It features a 7.5 Ah 40 V Li-ion battery. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 450|
|MPH||Up to 142|
|Noise rating||63 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Dewalt DCBL590X1, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Dewalt DCBL590X1
- Power: The Dewalt DCBL590X1 is a cordless blower with a maximum air volume rating of 450 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and an air speed of 142 MPH.
- Power delivery: The DCBL590X1 is a brushless-motor, battery-operated blower. Therefore, it doesn’t require to be plugged in when it’s being used. The user will enjoy the added mobility of its cordless design
- Battery: Its 7.5 Ah 40 V Li-ion battery (1 battery included) means that a user can operate the DCBL590X1 for an estimated 20 minutes on a full charge.
- Handling: By design, this model isn’t the smallest leaf blower on the market. It’s meant to be carried as a backpack so that the bulk of the unit is out of the way and the user’s hands are free to manipulate the nozzle. Its throttle is located on the tube, which allows you to keep your left hand free. Be aware that, at 37 lbs, the Dewalt DCBL590X1 is on the heavier side for electric backpack blowers.
- Speed Settings: There are times when you only need a little more power, while other times you will want a bit more precision when clearing leaves and debris. For this purpose, the DCBL590X1 offers variable speed settings, adding you, the user, more control, and a cruise control mode, which will allow you to maintain it comfortably for as long as you wish.
- Noise: Its noise rating of 63 dB can be considered the standard for similar electric backpack blowers.
The Dewalt DCBL590X1's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Dewalt DCBL590X1 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Maxing out at 142 MPH at full power, this blower is on the lower end in terms of air speed for electric backpack blowers. For the fastest air speed in this category, you may want to consider the Poulan Pro PRBP675i, which can expell air at a velocity that can reach 150 MPH.
- Regarding its air volume, the airflow of the Dewalt DCBL590X1 can reach 450 CFM (Cubic Feet per Minute), which is on the low end for electric backpack blowers. For the highest air volume, you may want to have a look at the Kobalt KBB 4240-06, which boasts with 690 CFM.
- Users can expect an autonomy of 20 minutes from its battery, which means the DCBL590X1 won't run as long as many other cordless backpack units before needing to be plugged in. To enjoy the best possible autonomy in this category, you could have a look at the Kobalt KBB 4240-06 which offers up to 200 minutes of runtime.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric backpack blowers, the Dewalt DCBL590X1 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this blower nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
DeWalt is a subsidiary of the Stanley Black & Decker Corporation, a major global tool & hardware manufacturer. DeWalt made its name selling woodworking machines in 1923. Since then, it has expanded its catalog to over 1,000 tools and accessories, including its top-of-the-line electric power tools that first hit the market in 1992. DeWalt stands behind its slogan, “Guaranteed Tough,” offering heavy-duty tools and accessories capable of performing reliably for home and professional users alike.
The Dewalt DCBL590X1 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Dewalt blowers, please consult Dewalt's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-4-DEWALT (800-433-9258).
Questions & Answers
What is the difference between the DCBL590X1 and the DCBL590X2?
They are exactly the same, except that the DCBL590X2 comes with 2 batteries instead of 1.
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.