Features and Specifications
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Dewalt DCBL590X2, the user manual is available here.
Overview of the Dewalt DCBL590X2
- Power: This electric leaf blower has a maximum air volume rating of 450 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and an air speed rating of 142 MPH.
- Power delivery: Dewalt designed this cordless unit with total mobility in mind. The DCBL590X2 only needs to be plugged in when it is charging, so users can take it almost anywhere.
- Battery: The Dewalt DCBL590X2 features an easy-to-recharge 7.5 Ah 40 V Li-ion battery.
- Handling: This blower’s backpack functionality makes make it less exerting on the user, even when used for an extended period of time.This blower’s backpack functionality makes make it less exerting on the user, even when used for an extended period of time. Its throttle is located on the tube, which allows you to keep your left hand free. Be aware that, at 27 lbs, the Dewalt DCBL590X2 is on the heavier side for electric backpack leaf blowers.
- Speed Settings: In order to afford more control to the user, this unit has a variable speed control. No matter the size of the job, the user can adjust the airflow of the Dewalt DCBL590X2 to match.
- Noise: With a decibel rating of 63 dB, the DCBL590X2 is neither louder nor quieter than its rivals in the electric backpack category.
The Dewalt DCBL590X2's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Dewalt DCBL590X2 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Air expelled from the nozzle of this blower can reach 142 MPH. When compared to others of this type, the DCBL590X2 has a lower air speed than most electric backpack leaf blowers (the one expelling air at the fastest speed being the Poulan Pro PRBP675i with 150 MPH).
- Regarding its power, the airflow of the Dewalt DCBL590X2 can reach 450 CFM (Cubic Feet per Minute), which is on the low end for electric backpack leaf blowers (the biggest expelled air volume belonging to the Poulan Pro PRBP675i with 675 CFM).
What is the difference between the DCBL590X1 and the DCBL590X2?
They are exactly the same, except that the DCBL590X1 comes with 1 battery instead of 2.
The bottom line
- Acceptable Noise (63 dB)
- Quite heavy (27 lbs)
- Low CFM (450 CFM)
- Low MPH (142 MPH)
Where to buy the Dewalt DCBL590X2?
DeWalt is a subsidiary of the Stanley Black & Decker Corporation, a major global tool & hardware manufacturer. DeWalt made its name selling woodworking machines in 1923. Since then, it has expanded its catalog to over 1,000 tools and accessories, including its top-of-the-line electric power tools that first hit the market in 1992. DeWalt stands behind its slogan, “Guaranteed Tough,” offering heavy-duty tools and accessories capable of performing reliably for home and professional users alike.
Warranty InformationThe Dewalt DCBL590X2 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Dewalt blowers, please consult Dewalt's warranty policies. Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-4-DEWALT (800-433-9258).