The Dewalt DCBL590X2 is a cordless backpack leaf blower delivering 450 CFM at 142 MPH. It features a 7.5 Ah 40 V Li-ion battery. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 450|
|MPH||Up to 142|
|Noise rating||63 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Dewalt DCBL590X2, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Dewalt DCBL590X2
- Power: The DCBL590X2 is a cordless blower made by Dewalt. It has a maximum air speed of 142 MPH and its nozzle can expel a max air volume of 450 cubic feet per minute (CFM).
- Power delivery: Since the device is powered by a brushless, battery-operated motor, it doesn’t require to be plugged in and therefore, it allows superb freedom of movement.
- Battery: Its 7.5 Ah 40 V Li-ion battery (2 batteries included) offers an autonomy of 40 minutes on a full charge.
- Handling: By design, this model isn’t the smallest leaf blower on the market. It’s meant to be carried as a backpack so that the bulk of the unit is out of the way and the user’s hands are free to manipulate the nozzle. Its throttle is located on the tube, which allows you to keep your left hand free. Be aware that, at 37 lbs, the Dewalt DCBL590X2 is on the heavier side for electric backpack blowers.
- Speed Settings: With its variable speed settings, the Dewalt DCBL590X2 allows you to precisely control its air output. In addition, the blower is also equipped with cruise control, with which the user can easily maintain the selected settings.
- Noise: As far as electric backpack blowers go, this one is average in terms of noise with a rating of 63 dB.
The Dewalt DCBL590X2's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Dewalt DCBL590X2 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Maxing out at 142 MPH at full power, this blower is on the lower end in terms of air speed for electric backpack blowers (the one expelling air at the fastest speed being the Poulan Pro PRBP675i with 150 MPH).
- As this unit is rated at 450 CFM (cubic feet per minute), it expells less air than most electric backpack blowers (the biggest expelled air volume belonging to the Poulan Pro PRBP675i with 675 CFM).
- Thanks to its autonomy of up to 40 mins, the DCBL590X2 benefits from a higher run time than many cordless backpack units - in fact, it's got the longest runtime of all!
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric backpack blowers, the Dewalt DCBL590X2 is on the expensive side of the price range.
While certainly not the cheapest of its kind, purchasing it could most likely also mean enjoying the reliability of a high-end product.
DeWalt is a subsidiary of the Stanley Black & Decker Corporation, a major global tool & hardware manufacturer. DeWalt made its name selling woodworking machines in 1923. Since then, it has expanded its catalog to over 1,000 tools and accessories, including its top-of-the-line electric power tools that first hit the market in 1992. DeWalt stands behind its slogan, “Guaranteed Tough,” offering heavy-duty tools and accessories capable of performing reliably for home and professional users alike.
The Dewalt DCBL590X2 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Dewalt blowers, please consult Dewalt's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-4-DEWALT (800-433-9258).
Questions & Answers
What is the difference between the DCBL590X1 and the DCBL590X2?
They are exactly the same, except that the DCBL590X1 comes with 1 battery instead of 2.
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.