Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 450|
|MPH||Up to 142|
|Noise Rating||63 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Dewalt DCBL590X2, the user manual is available here.
Overview of the Dewalt DCBL590X2
- Power: This leaf blower has a maximum air volume rating of 450 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and an air speed rating of 142 MPH.
- Power delivery: The blower is battery-operated, so the operator won’t need to worry about getting tripped up by pesky cords when they’re busy getting work done.
- Battery: The Dewalt DCBL590X2 is powered by an easy-to-recharge 7.5 Ah 40 V Li-ion battery (2 batteries included).
- Handling: This blower’s backpack functionality makes make it less exerting on the user, even when used for an extended period of time. Its throttle is located on the tube, which allows you to keep your left hand free. Be aware that, at 27 lbs, the Dewalt DCBL590X2 is on the heavier side for electric backpack blowers.
- Speed Settings: Sometimes you just need a little more power, while other times you may want a little more precision when moving leaves and debris. That’s why the DCBL590X2 features variable speed settings for added control.
- Noise: As far as electric backpack blowers go, this one is average in terms of noise with a rating of 63 dB.
The Dewalt DCBL590X2's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Dewalt DCBL590X2 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Upon exiting the nozzle, the air can reach speeds of up to 142 MPH, which is on the lower end for electric backpack blowers (the one expelling air at the fastest speed being the Poulan Pro PRBP675i with 150 MPH).
- Its max air volume rating (450 cubic feet per minute) means it is really not the biggest air producer of electric backpack leaf blowers (the biggest expelled air volume belonging to the Poulan Pro PRBP675i with 675 CFM).
As you can see from this dynamic chart, when compared to other electric backpack blowers, the Dewalt DCBL590X2 is on the expensive side of the price range.
While certainly not the cheapest of its kind, purchasing it would most likely also mean enjoying the reliability of a high-end product.
The bottom line
- Acceptable Noise (63 dB)
- On the expensive side
- Quite heavy (27 lbs)
- Low CFM (450 CFM)
- Low MPH (142 MPH)
Where to buy the dewalt DCBL590X2?
DeWalt is a subsidiary of the Stanley Black & Decker Corporation, a major global tool & hardware manufacturer. DeWalt made its name selling woodworking machines in 1923. Since then, it has expanded its catalog to over 1,000 tools and accessories, including its top-of-the-line electric power tools that first hit the market in 1992. DeWalt stands behind its slogan, “Guaranteed Tough,” offering heavy-duty tools and accessories capable of performing reliably for home and professional users alike.
The Dewalt DCBL590X2 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Dewalt blowers, please consult Dewalt's warranty policies. Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-4-DEWALT (800-433-9258).
Questions & Answers
QWhat is the difference between the DCBL590X1 and the DCBL590X2?
AThey are exactly the same, except that the DCBL590X1 comes with 1 battery instead of 2.
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.