The Dewalt DCBL722P1 is a lightweight cordless handheld leaf blower delivering 450 CFM at 125 MPH. It features a 5 Ah 20 V Li-ion battery. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 450|
|MPH||Up to 125|
|Weight (w/ battery)||6.8 lbs|
|Weight (tool only)||5.4 lbs|
|Noise rating||66 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Dewalt DCBL722P1, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Dewalt DCBL722P1
- Power: The Dewalt DCBL722P1 is a cordless blower with a maximum air volume rating of 450 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and an air speed of 125 MPH.
- Power delivery: If you don’t like dealing with cords, you will be delighted to know that this blower is equipped with a brushless, battery-operated motor.
- Battery: With its 5 Ah 20 V Li-ion battery (1 DCB205 battery included), the Dewalt DCBL722P1 has a standard, full-charge run time of up to 20 minutes.
- Handling: Being handheld, this blower has a good maneuverability and is meant to be easier to carry around over a small period of time. Among other cordless handheld blowers, the Dewalt DCBL722P1 can be considered light, weighing only 6.8 lbs, battery included.
- Speed Settings: With its variable speed settings, the Dewalt DCBL722P1 allows you to precisely control its air output. In addition, the blower is also equipped with cruise control, with which the user can easily maintain the selected settings.
- Noise: Its noise rating of 66 dB can be considered the standard for similar electric handheld blowers.
The Dewalt DCBL722P1's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Dewalt DCBL722P1 compare with handheld leaf blowers of similar voltage (between 18 and 24V).
- Forced air exiting this blower has been clocked at a max speed of 125 MPH. This puts the DCBL722P1 ahead of the pack as far as air speed is concerned in battery-operated handheld blowers between 18 and 24V. If you wish to benefit from air expelled at the fastest possible speed, the Makita XBU07SM1 and its 143 MPH could be an option to consider.
- If air volume is an important feature, the DCBL722P1 by Dewalt will not disappoint. Its airflow maxes out at 450 CFM (cubic feet per minute), which is more powerful than most cordless handheld blowers with a comparable voltage. If air volume is important to you, the RIDGID R01601K, with 510 CFM, could be in your good books.
- Users can expect a maximum autonomy of 20 minutes from its battery, which means the DCBL722P1 won't run as long as many other cordless handheld units before needing to be plugged in. To enjoy the best possible autonomy in this category, you could have a look at the Kobalt KHB 4224A-03 which offers up to 50 minutes of runtime.
Here's a list of the most popular specific comparisons:
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other cordless blowers, the Dewalt DCBL722P1 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this blower nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
DeWalt is a subsidiary of the Stanley Black & Decker Corporation, a major global tool & hardware manufacturer. DeWalt made its name selling woodworking machines in 1923. Since then, it has expanded its catalog to over 1,000 tools and accessories, including its top-of-the-line electric power tools that first hit the market in 1992. DeWalt stands behind its slogan, “Guaranteed Tough,” offering heavy-duty tools and accessories capable of performing reliably for home and professional users alike.
The Dewalt DCBL722P1 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Dewalt blowers, please consult Dewalt's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-4-DEWALT (800-433-9258).
Questions & Answers
How long can you use the leaf blower without need to recharge (Asked October 11, 2021)
Battery run time may vary depending upon factors including but not limited to charging conditions, usage of tool, storage, environmental conditions, age, etc. That said, at low power, you may expect around 20 minutes of runtime with the included battery.
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.