The Dewalt DCBL777Y1 is a cordless handheld leaf blower delivering 760 CFM at 160 MPH. It features a 12 Ah 60 V Li-ion FLEXVOLT® battery. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 760|
|MPH||Up to 160|
|Weight (w/ battery)||12 lbs|
|Weight (tool only)||8.8 lbs|
|Noise rating||63 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Overview of the Dewalt DCBL777Y1
- Power: This cordless leaf blower has a maximum air volume rating of 760 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and an air speed rating of 160 MPH.
- Power delivery: If you don’t like dealing with cords, you will be delighted to know that this blower is equipped with a brushless, battery-operated motor.
- Battery: With its 12 Ah 60 V Li-ion FLEXVOLT® battery (1 DCB612 battery included), the Dewalt DCBL777Y1 has a standard, full-charge run time of up to 20 minutes. More info on the FLEXVOLT® battery can be found below.
- Handling: It’s handheld, so naturally it’s easier to handle and carry than larger leaf blowers, such as backpack models or walk-behinds. Be aware that, at 12 lbs, the Dewalt DCBL777Y1 is on the heavier side of cordless handheld blowers.
- Speed Settings: For those who wish to have complete control while operating their leaf blower, the DCBL777Y1 offers variable speed settings, and moreover, is also equipped with cruise control, which allows the user to comfortably continue blowing at their preferred setting.
- Noise: Its noise rating of 63 dB can be considered the standard for similar electric handheld blowers.
The Dewalt DCBL777Y1's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Dewalt DCBL777Y1 compare with handheld leaf blowers of similar voltage (between 56 and 60V).
- Upon exiting the nozzle, the air can reach speeds of up to 160 MPH, which is rather impressive for a battery-operated handheld blower between 56 and 60V. If you wish to benefit from air expelled at the fastest possible speed, the EGO LB7654 and its 200 MPH could be an option to consider.
- If air volume is an important feature, the DCBL777Y1 by Dewalt will not disappoint. Its airflow maxes out at 760 CFM (cubic feet per minute), which is more powerful than most cordless handheld blowers with a comparable voltage. If air volume is important to you, the CAT DG651, with 800 CFM, could be in your good books.
- Users can expect a maximum autonomy of 20 minutes from its battery, which means the DCBL777Y1 won't run as long as many other cordless handheld units before needing to be plugged in. To enjoy the best possible autonomy in this category, you could have a look at the Toro 51822 which offers up to 140 minutes of runtime.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other cordless blowers, the Dewalt DCBL777Y1 is on the expensive side of the price range.
While certainly not the cheapest of its kind, purchasing it could most likely also mean enjoying the reliability of a high-end product.
FLEXVOLT® Battery Technology
The DCBL777Y1 features Dewalt's FLEXVOLT® battery. This technology is a brand-new approach to battery compatibility. The FLEXVOLT® battery's cutting-edge design allows it to work with 20V Max and 60V Max power tools. When inserted into the power tool, the battery automatically determines which mode to use. With FLEXVOLT®, you can enjoy the convenience of better compatibility between the various FLEXVOLT® tools. This advanced power management system offers extreme runtimes for 20V Max tools and incredible power for 60V Max and 120V Max tools.
DeWalt is a subsidiary of the Stanley Black & Decker Corporation, a major global tool & hardware manufacturer. DeWalt made its name selling woodworking machines in 1923. Since then, it has expanded its catalog to over 1,000 tools and accessories, including its top-of-the-line electric power tools that first hit the market in 1992. DeWalt stands behind its slogan, “Guaranteed Tough,” offering heavy-duty tools and accessories capable of performing reliably for home and professional users alike.
The Dewalt DCBL777Y1 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Dewalt blowers, please consult Dewalt's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-4-DEWALT (800-433-9258).
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.