The DR X12 is a gas-powered wheeled blower delivering 1200 CFM at 200 MPH. It features a 4-cycle 223cc engine. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 1200|
|MPH||Up to 200|
|Fuel tank||121.7 fl. oz.|
|Other model numbers||LB14012DMN|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the DR X12, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the DR X12
- Power: The DR X12 is a gas-powered blower with a maximum air volume rating of 1200 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and an air speed of 200 MPH.
- Handling: Walk-behind blowers such as the DR X12 are the most powerful. They are wheeled, heavy, have to be pushed and are mostly used by professionals. The unit features two 16" never-flat wheels at the back, as a well as a front wheel that unfortunately does not swivel.
- Engine: The unit is powered by a 223cc DR OHV engine. As this is a 4-stroke engine, the blower does not require a mix of gas and oil in order to run.
- Speed Settings: In order to afford more control to the user, this unit has a variable speed control. No matter the size of the job, the user can adjust the airflow of the DR X12 to match.
- Adjustable Air Flow: The unit allows the user to fully control the air stream direction. With 35° of vertical nozzle rotation, it is possible to either aim low to dislodge wet or matted materials, or high to blow dry materials farther. In addition to that, airflow can also be laterally adjusted over 180°. The operator can decide to blow to their right, their front, their left, or anywhere in between.
- Fuel Tank: It has an average fuel capacity for a walk-behind blower, with a tank that holds around 121.7 fl. oz of fuel.
The DR X12's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the DR X12 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Upon exiting the nozzle, the air can reach speeds of up to 200 MPH, which is incredibly impressive for a gas-powered walk-behind blower.
- It’s capable of expelling a maximum air volume of 1200 CFM (cubic feet per minute). This places it at the low end compared to other gas-powered walk-behind blowers. For the highest air volume, you may want to have a look at the Billy Goat F1802SPV, which boasts with 2900 CFM.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas walk-behind blowers, the DR X12 is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget blower.
DR Power Equipment was founded in 1985 by Dick Raymond, and is based in Vermont, USA. It became a subsidiary of Generac Power Systems in 2015. The company's products, including lawn and garden equipment, wood splitters, generators, and more, are designed to meet the needs of homeowners, farmers, and professional landscapers. DR Power Equipment's products are manufactured primarily in the USA and are known for their innovative designs, high-quality construction, and user-friendly features.
The DR X12 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of DR blowers, please consult DR's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-687-6575.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.