The DR X20 MAXSP is a self-propelled wheeled blower delivering 2000 CFM at 200 MPH. It features a 4-cycle 301cc engine. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 2000|
|MPH||Up to 200|
|Fuel tank||182.6 fl. oz.|
|Other model numbers||LB18020DEN|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the DR X20 MAXSP, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the DR X20 MAXSP
- Power: The X20 MAXSP, built by DR, is a gas-powered leaf blower capable of expelling a maximum air volume of 2000 cubic feet per minute (CFM). Its air speed is rated at 200 MPH.
- Handling: For bigger jobs covering a large area or for those who simply want to keep their leaf blower on the ground, walk-behind blowers such as the DR X20 MAXSP are an ideal choice. They are typically much more powerful than handheld or backpack blowers. The unit features two 12" pneumatic wheels at the back, as a well as a front wheel that unfortunately does not swivel (swivel wheel accessory available as a separate purchase). That said, the lack of swivel wheel can't be seen as a dealbreaker, since the machine benefits from DR's EZ-Turn steering technology (more about it below). This push blower is also self-propelled, a feature that makes pushing it around easy despite its heaviness. A lever located near the handle bar can be held at different locations between fully depressed and fully released to vary traction speeds as needed.
- EZ-Turn™ steering technology: DR's EZ-Turn™ Steering technology makes cornering easy, without the need for a swivel wheel. Each of the machine's axles drives independently, so you never have to manhandle the unit to make tight, 180° turns.
- Engine: The unit is powered by a 301cc DR OHV engine. While this engine has a traditional recoil starter, it is also features an electric start (battery included). As this is a 4-stroke engine, the blower does not require a mix of gas and oil in order to run.
- Speed Settings: In order to afford more control to the user, this unit has a variable speed control. No matter the size of the job, the user can adjust the airflow of the DR X20 MAXSP to match.
- Adjustable Air Flow: The unit allows the user to fully control the air stream direction, directly from the handle. With 50° of vertical nozzle rotation, it is possible to either aim low to dislodge wet or matted materials, or high to blow dry materials farther. In addition to that, airflow can also be laterally adjusted over 180°. The operator can decide to blow to their right, their front, their left, or anywhere in between.
- Fuel Tank: With a capacity of 182.6 fl. oz., this DR blower is average compared to other gas walk-behind blowers.
The DR X20 MAXSP's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the DR X20 MAXSP compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Upon exiting the nozzle, the air can reach speeds of up to 200 MPH, which is incredibly impressive for a gas-powered walk-behind blower.
- Regarding its air volume, the airflow of the DR X20 MAXSP can reach 2000 CFM (Cubic Feet per Minute), which is on par with other gas-powered walk-behind blowers. If air volume is important to you, the Billy Goat F1802SPV, with 2900 CFM, could be in your good books.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas walk-behind blowers, the DR X20 MAXSP is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this blower nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- Self-propelled with variable traction speed
- Electric start
- EZ-Turn technology
- High MPH (200 MPH)
- Fully adjustable airflow direction
- Decent tank (182.6 fl. oz.)
- Decent CFM (2000 CFM)
- The DR X20 MAXSP doesn't have any notably low specs.
DR Power Equipment was founded in 1985 by Dick Raymond, and is based in Vermont, USA. It became a subsidiary of Generac Power Systems in 2015. The company's products, including lawn and garden equipment, wood splitters, generators, and more, are designed to meet the needs of homeowners, farmers, and professional landscapers. DR Power Equipment's products are manufactured primarily in the USA and are known for their innovative designs, high-quality construction, and user-friendly features.
The DR X20 MAXSP is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of DR blowers, please consult DR's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-687-6575.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.