The Echo DPB-2500 is a cordless handheld leaf blower delivering 549 CFM at 158 MPH. It features a 2.5 Ah 56 V Li-ion battery. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 549|
|MPH||Up to 158|
|Blowing Force||17 N|
|Weight (w/ battery)||7.7 lbs|
|Weight (tool only)||5.2 lbs|
|Noise rating||73.1 dB|
|Other model numbers||DPB-2500C1|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Echo DPB-2500, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Echo DPB-2500
- Power: The DPB-2500 is a cordless blower made by Echo. It has a maximum air speed of 158 MPH and its nozzle can expel a max air volume of 549 cubic feet per minute (CFM).
- Power delivery: The DPB-2500 is a brushless-motor, battery-operated blower. Therefore, it doesn’t require to be plugged in when it’s being used. The user will enjoy the added mobility of its cordless design.
- Battery: The Echo DPB-2500 is powered by 56V e-FORCE batteries, and comes with one 2.5 Ah batteries (LBP-56V125). With the included batteries, one can expect a maximum runtime of 90 minutes. Since the unit features 3 battery ports, this runtime can be extended by adding another battery. The DPB-2500 can operate on either one, two, or three batteries.
- Handling: Being handheld, this blower has a good maneuverability and is meant to be easier to carry around over a small period of time. All told (including the battery), it weighs 7.7 lbs — the Echo DPB-2500 is neither the lightest nor the heaviest cordless handheld blower on the market.
- Speed Settings: With its variable speed settings, the Echo DPB-2500 allows you to precisely control its air output. In addition, the blower is also equipped with cruise control, with which the user can easily maintain the selected settings.
- Noise: With a decibel rating of 73.1 dB, the DPB-2500 is neither louder nor quieter than its rivals in the electric handheld category.
The Echo DPB-2500's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Echo DPB-2500 compare with handheld leaf blowers of similar voltage (between 56 and 60V).
- Upon exiting the nozzle, the air can reach speeds of up to 158 MPH, which is rather impressive for a battery-operated handheld blower between 56 and 60V. If you wish to benefit from air expelled at the fastest possible speed, the EGO LB7654 and its 200 MPH could be an option to consider.
- As this unit is rated at 549 CFM (cubic feet per minute), it expells less air than most cordless handheld blowers with a comparable voltage. For the highest air volume, you may want to have a look at the CAT DG651, which boasts with 800 CFM.
- Thanks to its autonomy of up to 90 mins, the DPB-2500 benefits from a higher run time than many cordless handheld units in the aforementioned voltage range. If autonomy is an important factor for you, the Toro 51822 can run for up to 140 minutes and could be worth considering.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other cordless blowers, the Echo DPB-2500 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this blower nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
ECHO Inc. was founded in Northbrook, IL, in 1972 (originally known as Kioritz Corporation of America). Throughout its 40-year history, ECHO has made a name for itself by striving to exceed industry standards with its high-quality, technologically superior outdoor equipment. They offer a full line of outdoor power tools and products, the majority of which are built in the United States.
The Echo DPB-2500 is covered under a warranty for up to 5 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Echo blowers, please consult Echo's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-432-ECHO (3246).
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.