The Echo DPB-2500 is a cordless handheld leaf blower delivering 549 CFM at 158 MPH. It features a 2.5 Ah 56 V Li-ion battery. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 549|
|MPH||Up to 158|
|Blowing Force||17 N|
|Weight (w/ battery)||7.7 lbs|
|Weight (tool only)||5.2 lbs|
|Noise rating||73.1 dB|
|Other model numbers||DPB-2500C1|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Echo DPB-2500, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Echo DPB-2500
- Power: The Echo DPB-2500 can force 549 cubic feet of air per minute (CFM) from its nozzle at a maximum speed of 158 MPH.
- Power delivery: Echo designed this unit and its brushless, battery-operated motor with top-of-the-food-chain maneuverability in mind. The DPB-2500 doesn’t need to be plugged in, so you can take it anywhere easily.
- Battery: Its 2.5 Ah 56 V Li-ion battery (1 LBP-56V125 battery included) enables the blower to run for up to 90 minutes without needing to recharge.
- Handling: With its handheld design, this leaf blower was created with portability in mind. Most users will have no problem using it almost anywhere. At 7.7 lbs (battery included), the Echo DPB-2500 is within the average weight range of cordless handheld blowers.
- Speed Settings: There are times when you only need a little more power, while other times you will want a bit more precision when clearing leaves and debris. For this purpose, the DPB-2500 offers variable speed settings, adding you, the user, more control, and a cruise control mode, which will allow you to maintain it comfortably for as long as you wish.
- Noise: With a decibel rating of 73.1 dB, the DPB-2500 is neither louder nor quieter than its rivals in the electric handheld category.
The Echo DPB-2500's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Echo DPB-2500 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Air exiting the nozzle of this blower can reach 158 MPH, which is quite a bit faster than most battery-operated handheld blowers. If you wish to benefit from air expelled at the fastest possible speed, the Makita XBU01PT and its 208 MPH could be an option to consider.
- The DPB-2500 is powerful, with an airflow rating of 549 CFM (cubic feet per minute). This is certainly on the high end compared to other cordless handheld blowers. If air volume is important to you, the CAT DG651, with 800 CFM, could be in your good books.
- Thanks to its autonomy of up to 90 mins, the DPB-2500 benefits from a higher run time than many cordless handheld units. If autonomy is an important factor for you, the Toro 51822 can run for up to 140 minutes and could be worth considering.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other cordless blowers, the Echo DPB-2500 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this blower nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
ECHO Inc. was founded in Northbrook, IL, in 1972 (originally known as Kioritz Corporation of America). Throughout its 40-year history, ECHO has made a name for itself by striving to exceed industry standards with its high-quality, technologically superior outdoor equipment. They offer a full line of outdoor power tools and products, the majority of which are built in the United States.
The Echo DPB-2500 is covered under a warranty for up to 5 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Echo blowers, please consult Echo's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-432-ECHO (3246).
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.