The Echo DPB-2500 is a cordless handheld leaf blower delivering 549 CFM at 158 MPH. It features a 2.5 Ah 56 V Li-ion battery. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 549|
|MPH||Up to 158|
|Blowing Force||17 N|
|Weight (w/ battery)||7.7 lbs|
|Weight (tool only)||5.2 lbs|
|Noise rating||73.1 dB|
|Other model numbers||DPB-2500C1|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Echo DPB-2500, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Echo DPB-2500
- Power: The DPB-2500 is a cordless blower made by Echo. It has a maximum air speed of 158 MPH and its nozzle can expel a max air volume of 549 cubic feet per minute (CFM).
- Power delivery: Echo designed this unit and its brushless, battery-operated motor with top-of-the-food-chain maneuverability in mind. The DPB-2500 doesn’t need to be plugged in, so you can take it anywhere easily.
- Battery: Its 2.5 Ah 56 V Li-ion battery (1 LBP-56V125 battery included) enables the blower to run for up to 90 minutes without needing to recharge.
- Handling: With its handheld design, this leaf blower was created with portability in mind. Most users will have no problem using it almost anywhere. All told (including the battery), it weighs 7.7 lbs — the Echo DPB-2500 is neither the lightest nor the heaviest cordless handheld blower on the market.
- Speed Settings: With its variable speed settings, the Echo DPB-2500 allows you to precisely control its air output. In addition, the blower is also equipped with cruise control, with which the user can easily maintain the selected settings.
- Noise: With a decibel rating of 73.1 dB, the DPB-2500 is neither louder nor quieter than its rivals in the electric handheld category.
The Echo DPB-2500's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Echo DPB-2500 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Forced air exiting this blower has been clocked at a max speed of 158 MPH. This puts the DPB-2500 ahead of the pack as far as air speed is concerned in battery-operated handheld blowers. If you wish to benefit from air expelled at the fastest possible speed, the Makita XBU01PT and its 208 MPH could be an option to consider.
- Regarding its air volume, the Echo DPB-2500 boasts an impressive airflow that can reach 549 CFM (Cubic Foot per Minute). This places it amongst the most powerful cordless handheld blowers. If air volume is important to you, the Husqvarna 350iB, with 800 CFM, could be in your good books.
- The DPB-2500 is within the average range for cordless handheld units, offering up to 90 minutes of running time when fully charged. If autonomy is an important factor for you, the Makita CBU01Z can run for up to 300 minutes and could be worth considering.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other cordless blowers, the Echo DPB-2500 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this blower nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- Brushless motor
- Cruise control
- 5 year (limited) warranty
- High CFM (549 CFM)
- High MPH (158 MPH)
- Decent weight (7.7 lbs)
- Acceptable noise (73.1 dB)
- Good autonomy (90 mins)
- The Echo DPB-2500 doesn't have any notably low specs.
ECHO Inc. was founded in Northbrook, IL, in 1972 (originally known as Kioritz Corporation of America). Throughout its 40-year history, ECHO has made a name for itself by striving to exceed industry standards with its high-quality, technologically superior outdoor equipment. They offer a full line of outdoor power tools and products, the majority of which are built in the United States.
The Echo DPB-2500 is covered under a warranty for up to 5 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Echo blowers, please consult Echo's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-432-ECHO (3246).
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.