The Echo DPB-5800T is a cordless backpack leaf blower delivering 795 CFM at 195 MPH. It is powered by 56V e-FORCE batteries. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 795|
|MPH||Up to 195|
|Blowing Force||25 N|
|Weight (w/ battery)||23 lbs|
|Weight (tool only)||15 lbs|
|Other model numbers||DPB-5800TD2|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Echo DPB-5800T, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Echo DPB-5800T
- Power: The Echo DPB-5800T is a cordless blower with a maximum air volume rating of 795 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and an air speed of 195 MPH.
- Power delivery: The DPB-5800T is a brushless-motor, battery-operated blower. Therefore, it doesn’t require to be plugged in when it’s being used. The user will enjoy the added mobility of its cordless design.
- Battery: The Echo DPB-5800T is powered by 56V e-FORCE batteries, and comes with two 5 Ah batteries (LBP-56V250). With the included batteries, one can expect a maximum runtime of 30 minutes. Since the unit features 3 battery ports, this runtime can be extended by adding another battery. The DPB-5800T can operate on either one, two, or three batteries.
- Handling: This blower’s backpack functionality makes make it less exerting on the user, even when used for an extended period of time. Its throttle is located on the tube, which allows you to keep your left hand free. All told (including the 2 provided batteries), it weighs 23 lbs — the Echo DPB-5800T is neither the lightest nor the heaviest electric backpack blower on the market.
- Speed Settings: For those who wish to have complete control while operating their leaf blower, the DPB-5800T offers variable speed settings, and moreover, is also equipped with cruise control, which allows the user to comfortably continue blowing at their preferred setting.
The Echo DPB-5800T's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Echo DPB-5800T compare with backpack leaf blowers of similar voltage (between 56 and 60V).
- Forced air exiting this blower has been clocked at a max speed of 195 MPH. This puts the DPB-5800T at the head of the pack as far as air speed is concernedin battery-operated backpack blowers between 56 and 60V.
- If air volume is an important feature, the DPB-5800T by Echo will not disappoint. Its airflow maxes out at 795 CFM (cubic feet per minute), which is more powerful than most cordless backpack blowers with a comparable voltage. If air volume is important to you, the EGO LBPX8004-2, with 800 CFM, could be in your good books.
- Users can expect a maximum autonomy of 30 minutes from its battery, which means the DPB-5800T won't run as long as many other cordless backpack units before needing to be plugged in. To enjoy the best possible autonomy in this category, you could have a look at the EGO LBPX8004-2 which offers up to 120 minutes of runtime.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other cordless backpack blowers, the Echo DPB-5800T is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this blower nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
ECHO Inc. was founded in Northbrook, IL, in 1972 (originally known as Kioritz Corporation of America). Throughout its 40-year history, ECHO has made a name for itself by striving to exceed industry standards with its high-quality, technologically superior outdoor equipment. They offer a full line of outdoor power tools and products, the majority of which are built in the United States.
The Echo DPB-5800T is covered under a warranty for up to 5 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Echo blowers, please consult Echo's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-432-ECHO (3246).
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.