Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 354|
|MPH||Up to 191|
|Blowing Force||13 N|
|Engine Displacement||25.4 cc|
|Fuel Tank||16.9 fl. oz.|
|Noise Rating||64 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Echo PB-255LN, the user manual is available here.
Overview of the Echo PB-255LN
- Power: The Echo PB-255LN is a gas-powered blower with a maximum air volume rating of 354 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and an air speed of 191 MPH.
- Handling: It’s handheld, so naturally it’s easier to handle and carry than larger leaf blowers, such as backpack models or walk-behinds. All told, it weighs 10.2 lbs — the Echo PB-255LN is neither the lightest nor the heaviest gas-powered handheld blower on the market.
- Engine: The blower is fitted with a 25.4 cc engine. As you may or may not know, 2-stroke engines require a mixture of gasoline and oil in order to keep all the moving parts lubricated while fuelling the engine’s internal combustion. The fuel/oil ratio recommended by Echo for the PB-255LN is 50:1.
- Speed Settings: For those who are keen on having complete control while operating their leaf blower, the PB-255LN offers variable speed settings.
- Noise: With a noise rating of 64 dB, this blower can be considered the standard for similar gas-powered handheld blowers.
- Fuel Tank: It has an average fuel capacity, with a tank able to hold around 16.9 fl. oz of fuel.
The Echo PB-255LN's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Echo PB-255LN compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Upon exiting the nozzle, the air can reach speeds of up to 191 MPH, which is rather impressive for gas-powered handheld blowers (the one expelling air at the fastest speed being the Poulan Pro PPBV25 with 230 MPH).
- Its max air volume rating (354 cubic feet per minute) means it is really not the biggest air producer of gas-powered handheld leaf blowers (the biggest expelled air volume belonging to the Troy-Bilt TB2MB JET with 650 CFM).
Here's a list of the most popular specific comparisons:
As you can see from this dynamic chart, when compared to other gas handheld blowers, the Echo PB-255LN is on the expensive side of the price range.
While certainly not the cheapest of its kind, purchasing it would most likely also mean enjoying the reliability of a high-end product.
The bottom line
- High MPH (191 MPH)
- Decent Tank (16.9 fl. oz.)
- Acceptable Noise (64 dB)
- Decent Weight (10.2 lbs)
- On the expensive side
- Low CFM (354 CFM)
Where to buy the echo PB-255LN?
ECHO Inc. was founded in Northbrook, IL, in 1972 (originally known as Kioritz Corporation of America). Throughout its 40-year history, ECHO has made a name for itself by striving to exceed industry standards with its high-quality, technologically superior outdoor equipment. They offer a full line of outdoor power tools and products, the majority of which are built in the United States.
Warranty InformationThe Echo PB-255LN is covered under a warranty for up to 5 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Echo blowers, please consult Echo's warranty policies. Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-432-ECHO (3246).