Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 354|
|MPH||Up to 191|
|Blowing Force||13 N|
|Engine Displacement||25.4 cc|
|Fuel Tank||16.9 fl. oz.|
|Noise Rating||64 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Echo PB-255LN, the user manual is available here.
Overview of the Echo PB-255LN
- Power: The Echo PB-255LN is a gas-powered blower with a maximum air volume rating of 354 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and an air speed of 191 MPH.
- Handling: It’s handheld, so naturally it’s easier to handle and carry than larger leaf blowers, such as backpack models or walk-behinds. At 10.2 lbs, the Echo PB-255LN is within the average weight range of gas-powered handheld blowers.
- Engine: The engine boasts a displacement of 25.4 cc. Please note that, because the Echo PB-255LN’s engine is a 2-cycle one, it runs on a mixture of oil and gasoline. According to Echo, the proper fuel mixture ratio for this blower is 50:1.
- Speed Settings: Thanks to its variable speed settings, the Echo PB-255LN allows precise control of the air output.
- Noise: With a decibel rating of 64 dB, the PB-255LN is neither louder nor quieter than its rivals in the gas-powered handheld category.
- Fuel Tank: It has an average fuel capacity, with a tank able to hold around 16.9 fl. oz of fuel.
The Echo PB-255LN's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Echo PB-255LN compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Air exiting the nozzle of this blower can reach 191 MPH, which is quite a bit faster than most gas-powered handheld blowers (the one expelling air at the fastest speed being the Poulan Pro PPBV25 with 230 MPH).
- Regarding its air volume, the airflow of the Echo PB-255LN can reach 354 CFM (Cubic Feet per Minute), which is on the low end for gas-powered handheld leaf blowers (the biggest expelled air volume belonging to the Troy-Bilt TB2MB JET with 650 CFM).
Here's a list of the most popular specific comparisons:
As you can see from this dynamic chart, when compared to other gas handheld blowers, the Echo PB-255LN is on the expensive side of the price range.
While certainly not the cheapest of its kind, purchasing it could most likely also mean enjoying the reliability of a high-end product.
The bottom line
- High MPH (191 MPH)
- Decent Tank (16.9 fl. oz.)
- Acceptable Noise (64 dB)
- Decent Weight (10.2 lbs)
- On the expensive side
- Low CFM (354 CFM)
ECHO Inc. was founded in Northbrook, IL, in 1972 (originally known as Kioritz Corporation of America). Throughout its 40-year history, ECHO has made a name for itself by striving to exceed industry standards with its high-quality, technologically superior outdoor equipment. They offer a full line of outdoor power tools and products, the majority of which are built in the United States.
The Echo PB-255LN is covered under a warranty for up to 5 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Echo blowers, please consult Echo's warranty policies. Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-432-ECHO (3246).
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.