Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 375|
|MPH||Up to 158|
|Blowing Force||11 N|
|Engine Displacement||25.4 cc|
|Fuel Tank||22.3 fl. oz.|
|Noise Rating||64 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Echo PB-265LN, the user manual is available here.
Overview of the Echo PB-265LN
- Power: The PB-265LN, built by Echo, is a gas-powered leaf blower capable of expelling a maximum air volume of 375 cubic feet per minute (CFM). Its air speed is rated at 158 MPH.
- Handling: By design, this model isn’t the smallest leaf blower on the market. It’s meant to be carried as a backpack so that the bulk of the unit is out of the way and the user’s hands are free to manipulate the nozzle. Its throttle is hip-mounted, which can make it easier on your right hand if you operate it over an extended period of time. When compared to other gas-powered backpack blowers, the Echo PB-265LN stands out due to its lower weight: just 13.3 lbs.
- Engine: This blower's engine has a displacement specification of 25.4 cc. As you may or may not know, 2-stroke engines require a mixture of gasoline and oil in order to keep all the moving parts lubricated while fuelling the engine’s internal combustion. The fuel/oil ratio recommended by Echo for the PB-265LN is 50:1.
- Speed Settings: Thanks to its variable speed settings, the Echo PB-265LN allows precise control of the air output.
- Noise: As far as gas-powered backpack blowers go, this one is average in terms of noise with a rating of 64 dB.
- Fuel Tank: The fuel tank has a capacity of 22.3 fl. oz. Although this is not especially impressive, it allows the unit to maintain a decent overall weight, making it more portable and comfortable to use.
The Echo PB-265LN's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Echo PB-265LN compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Air expelled from the nozzle of this blower can reach 158 MPH. When compared to others of this type, the PB-265LN has a lower air speed than most gas-powered backpack blowers (the one expelling air at the fastest speed being the Husqvarna 150BT with 251 MPH).
- Its max air volume rating (375 cubic feet per minute) means it is really not the biggest air producer of gas-powered backpack leaf blowers (the biggest expelled air volume belonging to the Echo PB-8010H with 1071 CFM).
As you can see from this dynamic chart, when compared to other gas backpack blowers, the Echo PB-265LN is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget blower.
The bottom line
- Lightweight (13.3 lbs)
- Acceptable Noise (64 dB)
- Small Tank (22.3 fl. oz.)
- Low CFM (375 CFM)
- Low MPH (158 MPH)
ECHO Inc. was founded in Northbrook, IL, in 1972 (originally known as Kioritz Corporation of America). Throughout its 40-year history, ECHO has made a name for itself by striving to exceed industry standards with its high-quality, technologically superior outdoor equipment. They offer a full line of outdoor power tools and products, the majority of which are built in the United States.
The Echo PB-265LN is covered under a warranty for up to 5 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Echo blowers, please consult Echo's warranty policies. Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-432-ECHO (3246).
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.