The Echo PB-265LN is a gas-powered backpack leaf blower delivering 375 CFM at 158 MPH. It features a 2-cycle 25.4 cc engine. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 375|
|MPH||Up to 158|
|Blowing Force||11 N|
|Engine displacement||25.4 cc|
|Fuel tank||22.3 fl. oz.|
|Noise rating||64 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Echo PB-265LN, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Echo PB-265LN
- Power: The PB-265LN, built by Echo, is a gas-powered leaf blower capable of expelling a maximum air volume of 375 cubic feet per minute (CFM). Its air speed is rated at 158 MPH.
- Handling: Like most backpack blowers, this model is technically heavier than a handheld. That being said, it can feel lighter and more comfortable because of the way it is carried, even when used over extended periods of time. Its throttle is hip-mounted, which can make it easier on your right hand if you operate it over an extended period of time. When compared to other gas-powered backpack blowers, the Echo PB-265LN stands out due to its lower weight: just 13.3 lbs.
- Engine: The blower is fitted with a 25.4 cc engine. Please note that, because the Echo PB-265LN’s engine is a 2-cycle one, it runs on a mixture of oil and gasoline. According to Echo, the proper fuel mixture ratio for this blower is 50:1.
- Speed Settings: With its variable speed settings, the Echo PB-265LN allows you to precisely control its air output. In addition, the blower is also equipped with cruise control, with which the user can easily maintain the selected settings.
- Noise: With a decibel rating of 64 dB, the PB-265LN is neither louder nor quieter than its rivals in the gas-powered backpack category.
- Fuel Tank: The fuel tank has a capacity of 22.3 fl. oz. Although this is not especially impressive, it allows the unit to maintain a decent overall weight, making it more portable and comfortable to use.
The Echo PB-265LN's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Echo PB-265LN compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Maxing out at 158 MPH at full power, this blower is on the lower end in terms of air speed for gas-powered backpack blowers (the one expelling air at the fastest speed being the Husqvarna 150BT with 251 MPH).
- It’s capable of expelling a maximum air volume of 375 CFM (cubic feet per minute). This places it at the low end compared to other gas-powered backpack blowers (the biggest expelled air volume belonging to the Echo PB-9010T with 1110 CFM).
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas backpack blowers, the Echo PB-265LN is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget blower.
ECHO Inc. was founded in Northbrook, IL, in 1972 (originally known as Kioritz Corporation of America). Throughout its 40-year history, ECHO has made a name for itself by striving to exceed industry standards with its high-quality, technologically superior outdoor equipment. They offer a full line of outdoor power tools and products, the majority of which are built in the United States.
The Echo PB-265LN is covered under a warranty for up to 5 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Echo blowers, please consult Echo's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-432-ECHO (3246).
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.