Features and Specifications
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Overview of the Echo PB-580H
- Power: The PB-580H gas-powered leaf blower, manufactured by Echo, is rated for a max air volume of 510 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and a max air speed of 215 MPH.
- Handling: By design, this model isn’t the smallest leaf blower on the market. It’s meant to be carried as a backpack so that the bulk of the unit is out of the way and the user’s hands are free to manipulate the nozzle. However, for a gas-powered backpack blower, the Echo PB-580H is heavier than most, weighing 22.9 lbs.
- Engine: The blower is fitted with a 58.2 cc engine. Since this is a 2-stroke engine, it’s important to remember that the PB-580H cannot run on gasoline alone. The fuel must be mixed with an appropriate ratio of gasoline and oil in order for it to function properly (see your user’s manual for details).
- Speed Settings: For those who are keen on having complete control while operating their leaf blower, the PB-580H offers variable speed settings.
- Noise: With a decibel rating of 70 dB, the PB-580H is neither louder nor quieter than its rivals in the gas-powered backpack category.
- Fuel Tank: Its tank can hold 62 fl. oz., so it falls squarely in the average in terms of fuel capacity.
The Echo PB-580H's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Echo PB-580H compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Air exiting the nozzle of this blower can reach 215 MPH, which is quite a bit faster than most gas-powered backpack leaf blowers (the one expelling air at the fastest speed being the Husqvarna 150BT with 251 MPH).
- It’s capable of expelling a maximum air volume of 510 CFM (cubic feet per minute). This places it at the low end compared to other gas-powered backpack leaf blowers (the biggest expelled air volume belonging to the Stihl BR 700 with 912 CFM).
The bottom line
- High MPH (215 MPH)
- Decent Tank (62 fl. oz.)
- Acceptable Noise (70 dB)
- Quite heavy (22.9 lbs)
- Low CFM (510 CFM)
Where to buy the Echo PB-580H?
ECHO Inc. was founded in Northbrook, IL, in 1972 (originally known as Kioritz Corporation of America). Throughout its 40-year history, ECHO has made a name for itself by striving to exceed industry standards with its high-quality, technologically superior outdoor equipment. They offer a full line of outdoor power tools and products, the majority of which are built in the United States.
Warranty InformationThe Echo PB-580H is covered under a warranty for up to 5 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Echo blowers, please consult Echo's warranty policies. Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-432-ECHO (3246).