The Echo PB-580H is a gas-powered backpack leaf blower delivering 510 CFM at 215 MPH. It features a 2-cycle 58.2 cc engine. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 510|
|MPH||Up to 215|
|Blowing Force||22 N|
|Engine displacement||58.2 cc|
|Fuel tank||62 fl. oz.|
|Noise rating||70 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Echo PB-580H, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Echo PB-580H
- Power: The Echo PB-580H is a gas-powered leaf blower. It sports a max air speed of 215 MPH and a max air volume rating of 510 cubic feet per minute (CFM).
- Handling: As this unit is a backpack leaf blower, the majority of the unit is distributed so that the user can operate it with ease for most reasonable periods of use. Its throttle is hip-mounted, which can make it easier on your right hand if you operate it over an extended period of time. All told, it weighs 22.9 lbs — the Echo PB-580H is neither the lightest nor the heaviest gas-powered backpack blower on the market.
- Engine: The blower is fitted with a 58.2 cc engine. Being that this is a 2-stroke engine, it must be fuelled using a mix of gas and oil. The proper fuel ratio set by the manufacturer for the PB-580H is 50:1.
- Speed Settings: With its variable speed settings, the Echo PB-580H allows you to precisely control its air output. In addition, the blower is also equipped with cruise control, with which the user can easily maintain the selected settings.
- Noise: As far as gas-powered backpack blowers go, this one is average in terms of noise with a rating of 70 dB.
- Fuel Tank: With a capacity of 62 fl. oz., this Echo blower is average when compared to other gas backpack blowers.
The Echo PB-580H's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Echo PB-580H compare with similar leaf blowers.
- The Echo PB-580H expels air at speeds up to 215 MPH, making it standard in terms of air speed for gas-powered backpack blowers (the one expelling air at the fastest speed being the Husqvarna 150BT with 251 MPH).
- Its max air volume rating (510 cubic feet per minute) means it is really not the biggest air producer of gas-powered backpack blowers (the biggest expelled air volume belonging to the Echo PB-8010H with 1071 CFM).
Here's a list of the most popular specific comparisons:
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas backpack blowers, the Echo PB-580H is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this blower nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
ECHO Inc. was founded in Northbrook, IL, in 1972 (originally known as Kioritz Corporation of America). Throughout its 40-year history, ECHO has made a name for itself by striving to exceed industry standards with its high-quality, technologically superior outdoor equipment. They offer a full line of outdoor power tools and products, the majority of which are built in the United States.
The Echo PB-580H is covered under a warranty for up to 5 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Echo blowers, please consult Echo's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-432-ECHO (3246).
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.