The Echo PB-580H is a gas-powered backpack leaf blower delivering 510 CFM at 215 MPH. It features a 2-cycle 58.2 cc engine. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 510|
|MPH||Up to 215|
|Blowing Force||22 N|
|Engine displacement||58.2 cc|
|Fuel tank||62 fl. oz.|
|Noise rating||70 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Echo PB-580H, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Echo PB-580H
- Power: The PB-580H gas-powered blower, manufactured by Echo, is rated for a max air volume of 510 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and a max air speed of 215 MPH.
- Handling: By design, this model isn’t the smallest leaf blower on the market. It’s meant to be carried as a backpack so that the bulk of the unit is out of the way and the user’s hands are free to manipulate the nozzle. Its throttle is hip-mounted, which can make it easier on your right hand if you operate it over an extended period of time. At 22.9 lbs, the Echo PB-580H is within the average weight range of gas-powered backpack blowers.
- Engine: This blower's engine has a displacement specification of 58.2 cc. Please be aware that 2-cycle engines like this one require a mixture of gas and oil in order to run. For the Echo PB-580H, this ratio is 50:1.
- Speed Settings: There are times when you only need a little more power, while other times you will want a bit more precision when clearing leaves and debris. For this purpose, the PB-580H offers variable speed settings, adding you, the user, more control, and a cruise control mode, which will allow you to maintain it comfortably for as long as you wish.
- Noise: Its noise rating of 70 dB can be considered the standard for similar gas-powered backpack blowers.
- Fuel Tank: With a capacity of 62 fl. oz., this Echo blower is average compared to other gas backpack blowers.
The Echo PB-580H's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Echo PB-580H compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Forced air leaving this blower’s nozzle has been clocked at 215 MPH. That makes the PB-580H average in terms of air speed for gas-powered backpack blowers. If you wish to benefit from air expelled at the fastest possible speed, the Husqvarna 150BT and its 251 MPH could be an option to consider.
- It’s capable of expelling a maximum air volume of 510 CFM (cubic feet per minute). This places it at the low end compared to other gas-powered backpack blowers. For the highest air volume, you may want to have a look at the Shindaiwa EB910RT, which boasts with 1110 CFM.
Here's a list of the most popular specific comparisons:
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas backpack blowers, the Echo PB-580H is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this blower nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
ECHO Inc. was founded in Northbrook, IL, in 1972 (originally known as Kioritz Corporation of America). Throughout its 40-year history, ECHO has made a name for itself by striving to exceed industry standards with its high-quality, technologically superior outdoor equipment. They offer a full line of outdoor power tools and products, the majority of which are built in the United States.
The Echo PB-580H is covered under a warranty for up to 5 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Echo blowers, please consult Echo's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-432-ECHO (3246).
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.