Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 510|
|MPH||Up to 215|
|Blowing Force||22 N|
|Engine Displacement||58.2 cc|
|Fuel Tank||62 fl. oz.|
|Noise Rating||70 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Echo PB-580H, the user manual is available here.
Overview of the Echo PB-580H
- Power: The Echo PB-580H is a gas-powered blower with a maximum air volume rating of 510 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and an air speed of 215 MPH.
- Handling: Like most backpack blowers, this model is technically heavier than a handheld. That being said, it can feel lighter and more comfortable because of the way it is carried, even when used over extended periods of time. Its throttle is hip-mounted, which can make it easier on your right hand if you operate it over an extended period of time. Be aware that, at 22.9 lbs, the Echo PB-580H is on the heavier side for gas-powered backpack blowers.
- Engine: The blower is fitted with a 58.2 cc engine. As you may or may not know, 2-stroke engines require a mixture of gasoline and oil in order to keep all the moving parts lubricated while fuelling the engine’s internal combustion. The fuel/oil ratio recommended by Echo for the PB-580H is 50:1.
- Speed Settings: Sometimes you just need a little more power, while other times you may want a little more precision when moving leaves and debris. That’s why the PB-580H features variable speed settings for added control.
- Noise: Its noise rating of 70 dB can be considered the standard for similar gas-powered backpack blowers.
- Fuel Tank: Its tank can hold 62 fl. oz., so it falls squarely in the average in terms of fuel capacity.
The Echo PB-580H's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Echo PB-580H compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Forced air leaving this blower’s nozzle has been clocked at 215 MPH. That makes the PB-580H average in terms of air speed for gas-powered backpack blowers (the one expelling air at the fastest speed being the Husqvarna 150BT with 251 MPH).
- Regarding its air volume, the airflow of the Echo PB-580H can reach 510 CFM (Cubic Feet per Minute), which is on the low end for gas-powered backpack leaf blowers (the biggest expelled air volume belonging to the Echo PB-8010H with 1071 CFM).
Here's a list of the most popular specific comparisons:
As you can see from this dynamic chart, when compared to other gas backpack blowers, the Echo PB-580H is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this blower nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- Decent Tank (62 fl. oz.)
- Acceptable Noise (70 dB)
- Decent MPH (215 MPH)
- Quite heavy (22.9 lbs)
- Low CFM (510 CFM)
Where to buy the echo PB-580H?
ECHO Inc. was founded in Northbrook, IL, in 1972 (originally known as Kioritz Corporation of America). Throughout its 40-year history, ECHO has made a name for itself by striving to exceed industry standards with its high-quality, technologically superior outdoor equipment. They offer a full line of outdoor power tools and products, the majority of which are built in the United States.
The Echo PB-580H is covered under a warranty for up to 5 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Echo blowers, please consult Echo's warranty policies. Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-432-ECHO (3246).
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.