The Echo PB-580H is a gas-powered backpack leaf blower delivering 517 CFM at 216 MPH. It features a 2-cycle 58.2cc engine. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 517|
|MPH||Up to 216|
|Blowing Force||22 N|
|Fuel tank||62 fl. oz.|
|Noise rating||70 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Echo PB-580H, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Echo PB-580H
- Power: The PB-580H, built by Echo, is a gas-powered leaf blower capable of expelling a maximum air volume of 517 cubic feet per minute (CFM). Its air speed is rated at 216 MPH.
- Handling: This blower’s backpack functionality makes make it less exerting on the user, even when used for an extended period of time. Its throttle is hip-mounted, which can make it easier on your right hand if you operate it over an extended period of time. At 22.9 lbs, the Echo PB-580H is within the average weight range of gas-powered backpack blowers.
- Engine: The blower is fitted with a 58.2cc engine. Being that this is a 2-stroke engine, it must be fuelled using a mix of gas and oil. The proper fuel ratio set by the manufacturer for the PB-580H is 50:1.
- Speed Settings: With its variable speed settings, the Echo PB-580H allows you to precisely control its air output. In addition, the blower is also equipped with cruise control, with which the user can easily maintain the selected settings.
- Noise: With a decibel rating of 70 dB, the PB-580H is neither louder nor quieter than its rivals in the gas-powered backpack category.
- Fuel Tank: With a capacity of 62 fl. oz., this Echo blower is average compared to other gas backpack blowers.
The Echo PB-580H's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Echo PB-580H compare with similar leaf blowers.
- The Echo PB-580H expels air at speeds up to 216 MPH, making it standard in terms of air speed for gas-powered backpack blowers. If you wish to benefit from air expelled at the fastest possible speed, the Husqvarna 150BT and its 270 MPH could be an option to consider.
- As this unit is rated at 517 CFM (cubic feet per minute), it expells less air than most gas-powered backpack blowers. For the highest air volume, you may want to have a look at the Echo PB-9010T, which boasts with 1110 CFM.
Here's a list of the most popular specific comparisons:
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas backpack blowers, the Echo PB-580H is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget blower.
ECHO Inc. was founded in Northbrook, IL, in 1972 (originally known as Kioritz Corporation of America). Throughout its 40-year history, ECHO has made a name for itself by striving to exceed industry standards with its high-quality, technologically superior outdoor equipment. They offer a full line of outdoor power tools and products, the majority of which are built in the United States.
The Echo PB-580H is covered under a warranty for up to 5 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Echo blowers, please consult Echo's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-432-ECHO (3246).
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.