The Echo PB-580T is a gas-powered backpack leaf blower delivering 510 CFM at 215 MPH. It features a 2-cycle 58.2cc engine. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 510|
|MPH||Up to 215|
|Blowing Force||22 N|
|Fuel tank||62 fl. oz.|
|Noise rating||70 dB|
|Other model numbers||PB-580TAA|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Echo PB-580T, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Echo PB-580T
- Power: The Echo PB-580T is a gas-powered blower with a maximum air volume rating of 510 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and an air speed of 215 MPH.
- Handling: By design, this model isn’t the smallest leaf blower on the market. It’s meant to be carried as a backpack so that the bulk of the unit is out of the way and the user’s hands are free to manipulate the nozzle. Its throttle is located on the tube, which allows you to keep your left hand free. At 22.6 lbs, the Echo PB-580T is within the average weight range of gas-powered backpack blowers.
- Engine: The engine boasts a displacement of 58.2cc. Since this is a 2-stroke engine, it’s important to remember that the PB-580T cannot run on gasoline alone. The fuel must be mixed with an appropriate ratio of gasoline and oil in order for it to function properly (for this Echo model, this ratio is 50:1).
- Speed Settings: For those who are keen on having complete control while operating their leaf blower, the PB-580T offers variable speed settings.
- Noise: As far as gas-powered backpack blowers go, this one is average in terms of noise with a rating of 70 dB.
- Fuel Tank: Its tank can hold 62 fl. oz., so it falls squarely in the average in terms of fuel capacity for backpack blowers.
The Echo PB-580T's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Echo PB-580T compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Upon exiting the nozzle, the air can reach speeds of up to 215 MPH, which is pretty much what is to be expected for gas-powered backpack blowers. If you wish to benefit from air expelled at the fastest possible speed, the Husqvarna 150BT and its 270 MPH could be an option to consider.
- Its max air volume rating (510 cubic feet per minute) means it is really not the biggest air producer of gas-powered backpack blowers. For the highest air volume, you may want to have a look at the Echo PB-9010T, which boasts with 1110 CFM.
Here's a list of the most popular specific comparisons:
- Echo PB-580T vs Echo PB-580H
- Echo PB-580T vs Echo PB-755ST
- Echo PB-580T vs Echo PB-770T
- Echo PB-580T vs Husqvarna 150BT
- Echo PB-580T vs Husqvarna 350BT
- Echo PB-580T vs Husqvarna 360BT
- Echo PB-580T vs Ryobi RY38BP
- Echo PB-580T vs Stihl BR 350
- Echo PB-580T vs Stihl BR 430
- Echo PB-580T vs Stihl BR 450
- Echo PB-580T vs Stihl BR 600
- Echo PB-580T vs Stihl BR 700
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas backpack blowers, the Echo PB-580T is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this blower nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- 5 year (limited) warranty
- Decent weight (22.6 lbs)
- Decent tank (62 fl. oz.)
- Acceptable noise (70 dB)
- Decent MPH (215 MPH)
- Low CFM (510 CFM)
ECHO Inc. was founded in Northbrook, IL, in 1972 (originally known as Kioritz Corporation of America). Throughout its 40-year history, ECHO has made a name for itself by striving to exceed industry standards with its high-quality, technologically superior outdoor equipment. They offer a full line of outdoor power tools and products, the majority of which are built in the United States.
The Echo PB-580T is covered under a warranty for up to 5 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Echo blowers, please consult Echo's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-432-ECHO (3246).
Questions & Answers
How long has the PB 580T been in production? I have a PB 620 and apparently it was made for 3 years. The carburetor was a problem for me. It's acting up again and I want a good solid reliable machine. Most of my Echo equipment is reliable. (Asked October 16, 2021)
The PB-580 is on the market since 2015.
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.
I have been using this echo pb-580t for six years now and it has never failed it is a wonderful product and look forward to buying a new one when I eventually need one or have someone else clean up my yard.
I own several pieces of Echo made equipment, the PB 580T is my newest. After 2 years of no issues with the blower it would bog down occasionally then recover. I have many years of experience in small engine repair and recognized the issue as a lean carburetor condition. Echo has decided to equip this blower with a Walboro carburetor that requires a special tool to adjust, to top that, the tool is not even available to consumers. There are many aftermarket knockoffs of the tool but I was not able to find one that worked. The blower was still under warranty but I decided to buy an aftermarket carburetor that is adjustable with a standard screwdriver rather than a special tool you cannot obtain. I didn’t want to risk bringing it into the repair shop just to have them tell me the issue was not covered under warranty, besides I would be faced with the same issue the next time the blower needed the carburetor adjusted. I can’t imagine what the reasoning is for not allowing an owner of a piece of equipment to not adjust a carburetor to make it run properly. This is a bad move on Echo’s part and will likely sway me from purchasing Echo equipment in the future. With a few small modifications and $15 for the new carburetor I bought on Ebay, the blower is back to running like it should.
Bought the 580 at a one day sale and absolutely love it, cut my yardwork time in half when it comes to the leaves. I highly recommend it.