The Echo PB-770H is a gas-powered backpack leaf blower delivering 756 CFM at 234 MPH. It features a 2-cycle 63.3 cc engine. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 756|
|MPH||Up to 234|
|Blowing Force||33 N|
|Engine displacement||63.3 cc|
|Fuel tank||68.3 fl. oz.|
|Noise rating||74 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Echo PB-770H, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Echo PB-770H
- Power: The Echo PB-770H is a gas-powered blower with a maximum air volume rating of 756 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and an air speed of 234 MPH.
- Handling: By design, this model isn’t the smallest leaf blower on the market. It’s meant to be carried as a backpack so that the bulk of the unit is out of the way and the user’s hands are free to manipulate the nozzle. Its throttle is hip-mounted, which can make it easier on your right hand if you operate it over an extended period of time. However, for a gas-powered backpack blower, the Echo PB-770H is heavier than most, weighing 24.5 lbs.
- Engine: This blower's engine has a displacement specification of 63.3 cc. Since this is a 2-stroke engine, it’s important to remember that the PB-770H cannot run on gasoline alone. The fuel must be mixed with an appropriate ratio of gasoline and oil in order for it to function properly (for this Echo model, this ratio is 50:1).
- Speed Settings: Thanks to its variable speed settings, the Echo PB-770H allows precise control of the air output.
- Noise: As far as gas-powered backpack blowers go, this one is average in terms of noise with a rating of 74 dB.
- Fuel Tank: Its tank can hold 68.3 fl. oz., so it falls squarely in the average in terms of fuel capacity.
The Echo PB-770H's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Echo PB-770H compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Forced air exiting this blower has been clocked at a max speed of 234 MPH. This puts the PB-770H ahead of the pack as far as air speed is concerned in gas-powered backpack blowers (the one expelling air at the fastest speed being the Husqvarna 150BT with 251 MPH).
- If air volume is an important feature, the PB-770H by Echo will not disappoint. Its airflow maxes out at 756 CFM (cubic feet per minute), which is more powerful than most gas-powered backpack blowers (the biggest expelled air volume belonging to the Echo PB-8010H with 1071 CFM).
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas backpack blowers, the Echo PB-770H is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this blower nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
ECHO Inc. was founded in Northbrook, IL, in 1972 (originally known as Kioritz Corporation of America). Throughout its 40-year history, ECHO has made a name for itself by striving to exceed industry standards with its high-quality, technologically superior outdoor equipment. They offer a full line of outdoor power tools and products, the majority of which are built in the United States.
The Echo PB-770H is covered under a warranty for up to 5 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Echo blowers, please consult Echo's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-432-ECHO (3246).
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.