The Echo PB-770H is a gas-powered backpack leaf blower delivering 756 CFM at 234 MPH. It features a 2-cycle 63.3cc engine. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 756|
|MPH||Up to 234|
|Blowing Force||33 N|
|Fuel tank||68.3 fl. oz.|
|Noise rating||74 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Echo PB-770H, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Echo PB-770H
- Power: The PB-770H, built by Echo, is a gas-powered leaf blower capable of expelling a maximum air volume of 756 cubic feet per minute (CFM). Its air speed is rated at 234 MPH.
- Handling: Like most backpack blowers, this model is technically heavier than a handheld. That being said, it can feel lighter and more comfortable because of the way it is carried, even when used over extended periods of time. Its throttle is hip-mounted, which can make it easier on your right hand if you operate it over an extended period of time. However, for a gas-powered backpack blower, the Echo PB-770H is heavier than most, weighing 24.5 lbs.
- Engine: The blower is fitted with a 63.3cc engine. Since this is a 2-stroke engine, it’s important to remember that the PB-770H cannot run on gasoline alone. The fuel must be mixed with an appropriate ratio of gasoline and oil in order for it to function properly (for this Echo model, this ratio is 50:1).
- Speed Settings: To provide more control over their job to the user, the unit has a variable speed control setting. No matter the size of the job, the user can adjust the airflow of the Echo PB-770H to match it. On top of that, maintaining the selected speed is effortless, as it also features cruise control.
- Noise: With a decibel rating of 74 dB, the PB-770H is neither louder nor quieter than its rivals in the gas-powered backpack category.
- Fuel Tank: With a capacity of 68.3 fl. oz., this Echo blower is average compared to other gas backpack blowers.
The Echo PB-770H's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Echo PB-770H compare with similar leaf blowers.
- It can push air from the nozzle at 234 MPH, which puts it ahead of its class in terms of air speed for gas-powered backpack blowers. If you wish to benefit from air expelled at the fastest possible speed, the Husqvarna 150BT and its 270 MPH could be an option to consider.
- Regarding its air volume, the airflow of the Echo PB-770H can reach 756 CFM (Cubic Feet per Minute), which is on par with other gas-powered backpack blowers. If air volume is important to you, the Echo PB-9010T, with 1110 CFM, could be in your good books.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas backpack blowers, the Echo PB-770H is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this blower nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
ECHO Inc. was founded in Northbrook, IL, in 1972 (originally known as Kioritz Corporation of America). Throughout its 40-year history, ECHO has made a name for itself by striving to exceed industry standards with its high-quality, technologically superior outdoor equipment. They offer a full line of outdoor power tools and products, the majority of which are built in the United States.
The Echo PB-770H is covered under a warranty for up to 5 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Echo blowers, please consult Echo's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-432-ECHO (3246).
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.