Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 1071|
|MPH||Up to 211|
|Blowing Force||44 N|
|Engine Displacement||79.9 cc|
|Fuel Tank||83.8 fl. oz.|
|Noise Rating||79.3 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Echo PB-8010H, the user manual is available here.
Overview of the Echo PB-8010H
- Power: The Echo PB-8010H is a gas-powered blower with a maximum air volume rating of 1071 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and an air speed of 211 MPH.
- Handling: As this unit is a backpack leaf blower, the majority of the unit is distributed so that the user can operate it with ease for most reasonable periods of use. Its throttle is hip-mounted, which can make it easier on your right hand if you operate it over an extended period of time. However, for a gas-powered backpack blower, the Echo PB-8010H is heavier than most, weighing 24.8 lbs.
- Engine: The blower is fitted with a 79.9 cc engine. As you may or may not know, 2-stroke engines require a mixture of gasoline and oil in order to keep all the moving parts lubricated while fuelling the engine’s internal combustion. The fuel/oil ratio recommended by Echo for the PB-8010H is 50:1.
- Speed Settings: In order to afford more control to the user, this unit has a variable speed control. No matter the size of the job, the user can adjust the airflow of the Echo PB-8010H to match.
- Noise: As far as gas-powered backpack blowers go, this one is average in terms of noise with a rating of 79.3 dB.
- Fuel Tank: The fuel tank is well above average – its capacity maxes out at 83.8 fl. oz.
The Echo PB-8010H's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Echo PB-8010H compare with similar leaf blowers.
- The Echo PB-8010H expels air at speeds up to 211 MPH, making it standard in terms of air speed for gas-powered backpack blowers (the one expelling air at the fastest speed being the Husqvarna 150BT with 251 MPH).
- If air volume is an important feature, the PB-8010H by Echo will not disappoint. Its airflow maxes out at 1071 CFM (cubic feet per minute), which is more powerful than most gas-powered backpack leaf blowers – it's actually the best!
As you can see from this dynamic chart, when compared to other gas backpack blowers, the Echo PB-8010H is on the expensive side of the price range.
While certainly not the cheapest of its kind, purchasing it would most likely also mean enjoying the reliability of a high-end product.
The bottom line
- Large Tank (83.8 fl. oz.)
- High CFM (1071 CFM)
- Acceptable Noise (79.3 dB)
- Decent MPH (211 MPH)
- On the expensive side
- Quite heavy (24.8 lbs)
Where to buy the echo PB-8010H?
ECHO Inc. was founded in Northbrook, IL, in 1972 (originally known as Kioritz Corporation of America). Throughout its 40-year history, ECHO has made a name for itself by striving to exceed industry standards with its high-quality, technologically superior outdoor equipment. They offer a full line of outdoor power tools and products, the majority of which are built in the United States.
The Echo PB-8010H is covered under a warranty for up to 5 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Echo blowers, please consult Echo's warranty policies. Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-432-ECHO (3246).
Questions & Answers
QWhat is the difference between the Echo PB-8010H and the PB-8010T?
AThe Echo PB-8010H features a hip throttle, whereas the Echo PB-8010T has a standard throttle located on the blower's tube. Moreover, the Echo PB-8010T has a slightly lower dry weight (24.5 lbs).
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.