The Echo PB-8010T is a gas-powered backpack leaf blower delivering 1071 CFM at 211 MPH. It features a 2-cycle 79.9cc engine. (Read full specs)
This product was discontinued. For your convenience, we decided to leave this page up.
It was replaced by the Echo PB-9010T. However, you might still find it second hand on eBay, by clicking on the button below.
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 1071|
|MPH||Up to 211|
|Blowing Force||44 N|
|Fuel tank||83.8 fl. oz.|
|Noise rating||79.3 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Echo PB-8010T, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Echo PB-8010T
- Power: The PB-8010T gas-powered blower, manufactured by Echo, is rated for a max air volume of 1071 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and a max air speed of 211 MPH.
- Handling: Like most backpack blowers, this model is technically heavier than a handheld. That being said, it can feel lighter and more comfortable because of the way it is carried, even when used over extended periods of time. Its throttle is located on the tube, which allows you to keep your left hand free. Be aware that, at 24.5 lbs, the Echo PB-8010T is on the heavier side of gas-powered backpack blowers.
- Engine: This blower's engine has a displacement specification of 79.9cc. Since this is a 2-stroke engine, it’s important to remember that the PB-8010T cannot run on gasoline alone. The fuel must be mixed with an appropriate ratio of gasoline and oil in order for it to function properly (for this Echo model, this ratio is 50:1).
- Speed Settings: Thanks to its variable speed settings, the Echo PB-8010T allows precise control of the air output.
- Noise: Its noise rating of 79.3 dB can be considered the standard for similar gas-powered backpack blowers.
- Fuel Tank: The fuel tank is well above average for a backpack blower – its capacity maxes out at 83.8 fl. oz.
The Echo PB-8010T's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Echo PB-8010T compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Upon exiting the nozzle, the air can reach speeds of up to 211 MPH, which is pretty much what is to be expected for gas-powered backpack blowers. If you wish to benefit from air expelled at the fastest possible speed, the Husqvarna 150BT and its 270 MPH could be an option to consider.
- If air volume is an important feature, the PB-8010T by Echo will not disappoint. Its airflow maxes out at 1071 CFM (cubic feet per minute), which is more powerful than most gas-powered backpack blowers. If air volume is important to you, the Echo PB-9010T, with 1110 CFM, could be in your good books.
Here's a list of the most popular specific comparisons:
ECHO Inc. was founded in Northbrook, IL, in 1972 (originally known as Kioritz Corporation of America). Throughout its 40-year history, ECHO has made a name for itself by striving to exceed industry standards with its high-quality, technologically superior outdoor equipment. They offer a full line of outdoor power tools and products, the majority of which are built in the United States.
The Echo PB-8010T is covered under a warranty for up to 5 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Echo blowers, please consult Echo's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-432-ECHO (3246).