The EGO LB6151 is a cordless handheld leaf blower delivering 615 CFM at 170 MPH. It features a 2.5 Ah 56 V Li-ion POWER+ battery. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 615|
|MPH||Up to 170|
|Blowing Force||18.5 N|
|Weight (w/ battery)||7.6 lbs|
|Weight (tool only)||4.74 lbs|
|Noise rating||65 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the EGO LB6151, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the EGO LB6151
- Power: The EGO LB6151 is a cordless blower with a maximum air volume rating of 615 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and an air speed of 170 MPH.
- Power delivery: The LB6151 is a brushless-motor, battery-operated blower. Therefore, it doesn’t require to be plugged in when it’s being used. The user will enjoy the added mobility of its cordless design.
- Battery: Its 2.5 Ah 56 V Li-ion POWER+ battery (1 BA1400T battery included) offers a maximum autonomy of 75 minutes on a full charge. More info on the POWER+ battery can be found below.
- Handling: It’s handheld, so naturally it’s easier to handle and carry than larger leaf blowers, such as backpack models or walk-behinds. At 7.6 lbs (battery included), the EGO LB6151 is within the average weight range of cordless handheld blowers.
- Speed Settings: To provide more control over their job to the user, the unit has a variable speed control setting. No matter the size of the job, the user can adjust the airflow of the EGO LB6151 to match it. On top of that, maintaining the selected speed is effortless, as it also features cruise control.
- Noise: As far as electric handheld blowers go, this one is average in terms of noise with a rating of 65 dB.
The EGO LB6151's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the EGO LB6151 compare with handheld leaf blowers of similar voltage (between 56 and 60V).
- It can push air from the nozzle at 170 MPH, which puts it ahead of its class in terms of air speed for battery-operated handheld blowers between 56 and 60V. If you wish to benefit from air expelled at the fastest possible speed, the EGO LB7654 and its 200 MPH could be an option to consider.
- The LB6151 is average in terms of air volume. It's rated at 615 CFM, which is common for cordless handheld blowers with a comparable voltage. If air volume is important to you, the CAT DG651, with 800 CFM, could be in your good books.
- The LB6151 is within the average range for cordless handheld units that operate between 56 and 60V, offering up to 75 minutes of running time when fully charged. If autonomy is an important factor for you, the Toro 51822 can run for up to 140 minutes and could be worth considering.
Here's a list of the most popular specific comparisons:
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other cordless blowers, the EGO LB6151 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this blower nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
POWER+ Battery Technology
EGO's POWER+ technology is based on a high-end patented ARC Lithium™ design which utilizes a third row of cells to achieve high-voltage performance. Combined with a revolutionary phase-change material which envelopes each cell, the arc-design of the cell's arrangement allows for more efficient cooling and an optimum power distribution across all rows of cells. This technology also embeds a patented power management system that monitors and optimizes each individual battery cell to maximize its power, performance, and runtime. Moreover, the battery casing is completely sealed and has an enhanced shock and weather resistivity. Thus, the battery is protected from drops, rain and the elements.
Established only recently in 1993, Ego Power+ has been rocking the outdoor power tool market ever since. The company, which falls under the larger Chinese agglomerate Chervon, has been consistently innovating the cordless power tool market. Their hardware offers a unique solution to the limits of electro engines, as it utilizes powerful 56 V arc lithium batteries, which are mounted externally on each of their devices. Ego claims to strive for a more ecological feature and aims to overtake their gasoline powered competition in both power, comfort and cost.
The EGO LB6151 is covered under a warranty for up to 5 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of EGO blowers, please consult EGO's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-855-EGO-5656 (346).
Questions & Answers
Ego lb6151: What power settings give you 75min with the 2.5Ah battery? Weight 7.6lb include battery? (Asked December 7, 2021)
75 minutes runtime is at a low power setting. At high speed, runtime should be around 15 minutes, and 10 minutes when using the turbo button. The 7.6lbs include the battery. The tool itself weighs 4.7lbs.
Does the ego blower operate with 110 and 220 volt supply? (Asked June 20, 2022)
It operates on neither. It's a cordless unit that operates with a 56V battery.
Does the charger operate on 110v and 220v input? (Asked June 20, 2022)
The unit comes with a CH2100 charger for which the input should be 120V~60Hz.
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.