The EGO LB6504 is a cordless handheld leaf blower delivering 650 CFM at 180 MPH. It features a 5 Ah 56 V Li-ion POWER+ battery. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 650|
|MPH||Up to 180|
|Blowing Force||21 N|
|Noise rating||65 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the EGO LB6504, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the EGO LB6504
- Power: The LB6504 is a cordless blower made by EGO. It has a maximum air speed of 180 MPH and its nozzle can expel a max air volume of 650 cubic feet per minute (CFM).
- Power delivery: If you don’t like dealing with cords, you will be delighted to know that this blower is equipped with a brushless, battery-operated motor.
- Battery: Its 5 Ah 56 V Li-ion POWER+ battery (1 battery included) means that a user can operate the LB6504 for an estimated 30 minutes on a full charge. More info on the POWER+ battery can be found below.
- Handling: With its handheld design, this leaf blower was created with portability in mind. Most users will have no problem using it almost anywhere. Be aware that, at 9.7 lbs, the EGO LB6504 is on the heavier side for cordless handheld blowers.
- Speed Settings: With its variable speed settings, the EGO LB6504 allows you to precisely control its air output. In addition, the blower is also equipped with cruise control, with which the user can easily maintain the selected settings.
- Noise: With a decibel rating of 65 dB, the LB6504 is neither louder nor quieter than its rivals in the electric handheld category.
The EGO LB6504's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the EGO LB6504 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Air exiting the nozzle of this blower can reach 180 MPH, which is quite a bit faster than most battery-operated handheld blowers (the one expelling air at the fastest speed being the Makita XBU01PT with 208 MPH).
- The LB6504 is powerful, with an airflow rating of 650 CFM (cubic feet per minute). This is certainly on the high end compared to other cordless handheld blowers (the biggest expelled air volume belonging to the Poulan Pro PRB675i with 675 CFM).
- Its battery is standard in terms of autonomy for a cordless handheld product. Fully charged, it should run for up to 30 minutes (the one with the best autonomy being the EGO POWER+ LBX6000 with up to 96 minutes of runtime).
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other cordless blowers, the EGO LB6504 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this blower nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
POWER+ Battery TechnologyEGO's POWER+ technology is based on a high-end patented ARC Lithium™ design which utilizes a third row of cells to achieve high-voltage performance. Combined with a revolutionary phase-change material which envelopes each cell, the arc-design of the cell's arrangement allows for more efficient cooling and an optimum power distribution across all rows of cells. This technology also embeds a patented power management system that monitors and optimizes each individual battery cell to maximize its power, performance, and runtime. Moreover, the battery casing is completely sealed and has an enhanced shock and weather resistivity. Thus, the battery is protected from drops, rain and the elements.
Established only recently in 1993, Ego Power+ has been rocking the outdoor power tool market ever since. The company, which falls under the larger Chinese agglomerate Chervon, has been consistently innovating the cordless power tool market. Their hardware offers a unique solution to the limits of electro engines, as it utilizes powerful 56 V arc lithium batteries, which are mounted externally on each of their devices. Ego claims to strive for a more ecological feature and aims to overtake their gasoline powered competition in both power, comfort and cost.
The EGO LB6504 is covered under a warranty for up to 5 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of EGO blowers, please consult EGO's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-855-EGO-5656 (346).
Questions & Answers
Will the ego 7.5 battery fit and work this lb6504. (Asked January 29, 2020)
The EGO LB6504 is compatible with the following EGO 7.5 Ah batteries: BA4200, BA4200-FC, BA4200T, BA4200T-FC.
Is the 5.0Ah battery that is packaged with the LB6504 650 CFM blower the newer BA2800T battery with the upgraded fuel gauge? (Asked September 10, 2020)
It should be the BA2800T.
Would this be good at blowing snow off a driveway (Asked September 12, 2020)
We invite you to read our article on snow removal with a leaf blower.
Does the ego blower lb6504 come with a charger. Thanks (Asked OCtober 14, 2020)
Battery and charger are included.
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.