The EGO LB6504 is a cordless handheld leaf blower delivering 650 CFM at 180 MPH. It features a 5 Ah 56 V Li-ion battery. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 650|
|MPH||Up to 180|
|Blowing Force||21 N|
|Noise rating||65 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the EGO LB6504, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the EGO LB6504
- Power: The LB6504 is a cordless blower made by EGO. It has a maximum air speed of 180 MPH and its nozzle can expel a max air volume of 650 cubic feet per minute (CFM).
- Power delivery: The blower is battery-operated, so the operator won’t need to worry about getting tripped up by pesky cords when they’re busy getting work done.
- Battery: It has a 5 Ah 56 V Li-ion battery (1 battery included) that can work reliably for up to 30 minutes if completely charged.
- Handling: It’s handheld, so naturally it’s easier to handle and carry than larger leaf blowers, such as backpack models or walk-behinds. However, for a cordless handheld blower, the EGO LB6504 is heavier than most, weighing 9.7 lbs.
- Speed Settings: Thanks to its variable speed settings, the EGO LB6504 allows precise control of the air output.
- Noise: With a decibel rating of 65 dB, the LB6504 is neither louder nor quieter than its rivals in the electric handheld category.
The EGO LB6504's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the EGO LB6504 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Forced air exiting this blower has been clocked at a max speed of 180 MPH. This puts the LB6504 ahead of the pack as far as air speed is concerned in battery-operated handheld blowers (the one expelling air at the fastest speed being the Makita XBU01PT with 208 MPH).
- If air volume is an important feature, the LB6504 by EGO will not disappoint. Its airflow maxes out at 650 CFM (cubic feet per minute), which is more powerful than most cordless handheld blowers (the biggest expelled air volume belonging to the Poulan Pro PRB675i with 675 CFM).
- Its battery is standard in terms of autonomy for a cordless handheld product. Fully charged, it should run for up to 30 minutes (the one with the best autonomy being the EGO POWER+ LBX6000 with up to 96 minutes of runtime).
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other cordless handheld blowers, the EGO LB6504 is on the expensive side of the price range.
While certainly not the cheapest of its kind, purchasing it could most likely also mean enjoying the reliability of a high-end product.
Established only recently in 1993, Ego Power+ has been rocking the outdoor power tool market ever since. The company, which falls under the larger Chinese agglomerate Chervon, has been consistently innovating the cordless power tool market. Their hardware offers a unique solution to the limits of electro engines, as it utilizes powerful 56 V arc lithium batteries, which are mounted externally on each of their devices. Ego claims to strive for a more ecological feature and aims to overtake their gasoline powered competition in both power, comfort and cost.
The EGO LB6504 is covered under a warranty for up to 5 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of EGO blowers, please consult EGO's warranty policies. Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-855-EGO-5656 (346).
Questions & Answers
QWill the ego 7.5 battery fit and work this lb6504. (Asked January 29, 2020)
AThe EGO LB6504 is compatible with the following EGO 7.5 Ah batteries: BA4200, BA4200-FC, BA4200T, BA4200T-FC.
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.