The EGO LB6504 is a cordless handheld leaf blower delivering 650 CFM at 180 MPH. It features a 5 Ah 56 V Li-ion POWER+ battery. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 650|
|MPH||Up to 180|
|Blowing Force||21 N|
|Weight (w/ battery)||9.7 lbs|
|Weight (tool only)||4.77 lbs|
|Noise rating||65 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the EGO LB6504, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the EGO LB6504
- Power: The EGO LB6504 can force 650 cubic feet of air per minute (CFM) from its nozzle at a maximum speed of 180 MPH.
- Power delivery: The LB6504 is a brushless-motor, battery-operated blower. Therefore, it doesn’t require to be plugged in when it’s being used. The user will enjoy the added mobility of its cordless design.
- Battery: Its 5 Ah 56 V Li-ion POWER+ battery (1 battery included) enables the blower to run for up to 30 minutes without needing to recharge. More info on the POWER+ battery can be found below.
- Handling: With its handheld design, this leaf blower was created with portability in mind. Most users will have no problem using it almost anywhere. However, for a cordless handheld blower, the EGO LB6504 is heavier than most, weighing 9.7 lbs.
- Speed Settings: To provide more control over their job to the user, the unit has a variable speed control setting. No matter the size of the job, the user can adjust the airflow of the EGO LB6504 to match it. On top of that, maintaining the selected speed is effortless, as it also features cruise control.
- Noise: Its noise rating of 65 dB can be considered the standard for similar electric handheld blowers.
The EGO LB6504's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the EGO LB6504 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Air exiting the nozzle of this blower can reach 180 MPH, which is quite a bit faster than most battery-operated handheld blowers. If you wish to benefit from air expelled at the fastest possible speed, the Makita XBU01PT and its 208 MPH could be an option to consider.
- Regarding its air volume, the EGO LB6504 boasts an impressive airflow that can reach 650 CFM (Cubic Foot per Minute). This places it amongst the most powerful cordless handheld blowers. If air volume is important to you, the CAT DG651, with 800 CFM, could be in your good books.
- Autonomy-wise, with up to 30 minutes of autonomy on a full charge, the LB6504 is on the low end when compared with other cordless handheld units. To enjoy the best possible autonomy in this category, you could have a look at the Toro 51822 which offers up to 140 minutes of runtime.
Here's a list of the most popular specific comparisons:
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other cordless blowers, the EGO LB6504 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this blower nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
POWER+ Battery Technology
EGO's POWER+ technology is based on a high-end patented ARC Lithium™ design which utilizes a third row of cells to achieve high-voltage performance. Combined with a revolutionary phase-change material which envelopes each cell, the arc-design of the cell's arrangement allows for more efficient cooling and an optimum power distribution across all rows of cells. This technology also embeds a patented power management system that monitors and optimizes each individual battery cell to maximize its power, performance, and runtime. Moreover, the battery casing is completely sealed and has an enhanced shock and weather resistivity. Thus, the battery is protected from drops, rain and the elements.
Established only recently in 1993, Ego Power+ has been rocking the outdoor power tool market ever since. The company, which falls under the larger Chinese agglomerate Chervon, has been consistently innovating the cordless power tool market. Their hardware offers a unique solution to the limits of electro engines, as it utilizes powerful 56 V arc lithium batteries, which are mounted externally on each of their devices. Ego claims to strive for a more ecological feature and aims to overtake their gasoline powered competition in both power, comfort and cost.
The EGO LB6504 is covered under a warranty for up to 5 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of EGO blowers, please consult EGO's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-855-EGO-5656 (346).
Questions & Answers
Will the ego 7.5 battery fit and work this lb6504. (Asked January 29, 2020)
The EGO LB6504 is compatible with the following EGO 7.5 Ah batteries: BA4200, BA4200-FC, BA4200T, BA4200T-FC.
Is the 5.0Ah battery that is packaged with the LB6504 650 CFM blower the newer BA2800T battery with the upgraded fuel gauge? (Asked September 10, 2020)
It should be the BA2800T.
Would this be good at blowing snow off a driveway (Asked September 12, 2020)
We invite you to read our article on snow removal with a leaf blower.
Does the ego blower lb6504 come with a charger. Thanks (Asked October 14, 2020)
Battery and charger are included.
How long does it take to charge the battery? (Asked May 27, 2021)
With the included standard charger, it takes about 100 minutes to completely charge a depleted battery.
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.