The EGO LB6703 is a cordless handheld leaf blower delivering 670 CFM at 180 MPH. It features a 4 Ah 56 V Li-ion POWER+ battery. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 670|
|MPH||Up to 180|
|Blowing Force||21 N|
|Weight (w/ battery)||9.7 lbs|
|Weight (tool only)||4.8 lbs|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the EGO LB6703, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the EGO LB6703
- Power: The EGO LB6703 can force 670 cubic feet of air per minute (CFM) from its nozzle at a maximum speed of 180 MPH.
- Power delivery: EGO designed this unit and its brushless, battery-operated motor with top-of-the-food-chain maneuverability in mind. The LB6703 doesn’t need to be plugged in, so you can take it anywhere easily.
- Battery: With its 4 Ah 56 V Li-ion POWER+ battery (1 BA2240 battery included), the EGO LB6703 has a standard, full-charge run time of up to 80 minutes. More info on the POWER+ battery can be found below.
- Handling: It’s handheld, so naturally it’s easier to handle and carry than larger leaf blowers, such as backpack models or walk-behinds. Be aware that, at 9.7 lbs, the EGO LB6703 is on the heavier side of cordless handheld blowers.
- Speed Settings: With its variable speed settings, the EGO LB6703 allows you to precisely control its air output. In addition, the blower is also equipped with cruise control, with which the user can easily maintain the selected settings.
The EGO LB6703's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the EGO LB6703 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Upon exiting the nozzle, the air can reach speeds of up to 180 MPH, which is rather impressive for a battery-operated handheld blower. If you wish to benefit from air expelled at the fastest possible speed, the Makita XBU01PT and its 208 MPH could be an option to consider.
- If air volume is an important feature, the LB6703 by EGO will not disappoint. Its airflow maxes out at 670 CFM (cubic feet per minute), which is more powerful than most cordless handheld blowers. If air volume is important to you, the Husqvarna 350iB, with 800 CFM, could be in your good books.
- The LB6703 is within the average range for cordless handheld units, offering up to 80 minutes of running time when fully charged. If autonomy is an important factor for you, the Makita CBU01Z can run for up to 300 minutes and could be worth considering.
Here's a list of the most popular specific comparisons:
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other cordless blowers, the EGO LB6703 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this blower nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
POWER+ Battery Technology
EGO's POWER+ technology is based on a high-end patented ARC Lithium™ design which utilizes a third row of cells to achieve high-voltage performance. Combined with a revolutionary phase-change material which envelopes each cell, the arc-design of the cell's arrangement allows for more efficient cooling and an optimum power distribution across all rows of cells. This technology also embeds a patented power management system that monitors and optimizes each individual battery cell to maximize its power, performance, and runtime. Moreover, the battery casing is completely sealed and has an enhanced shock and weather resistivity. Thus, the battery is protected from drops, rain and the elements.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- POWER+ Technology
- Brushless motor
- Cruise control
- 5 year (limited) warranty
- High CFM (670 CFM)
- High MPH (180 MPH)
- Good autonomy (80 mins)
- Quite heavy (9.7 lbs)
Established only recently in 1993, Ego Power+ has been rocking the outdoor power tool market ever since. The company, which falls under the larger Chinese agglomerate Chervon, has been consistently innovating the cordless power tool market. Their hardware offers a unique solution to the limits of electro engines, as it utilizes powerful 56 V arc lithium batteries, which are mounted externally on each of their devices. Ego claims to strive for a more ecological feature and aims to overtake their gasoline powered competition in both power, comfort and cost.
The EGO LB6703 is covered under a warranty for up to 5 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of EGO blowers, please consult EGO's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-855-EGO-5656 (346).
Questions & Answers
What are the key differences between the LB6703 and the LB6504? (Asked November 29, 2022)
The LB6703 has a slightly higher CFM and comes with a 4Ah battery, while the LB6504 comes with a 5Ah battery and thus, offers a bit more autonomy.
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.