The EGO LB7654 is a cordless handheld leaf blower delivering 765 CFM at 200 MPH. It features a 5 Ah 56 V Li-ion POWER+ battery. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Up to 765
|Up to 200
|Weight (w/ battery)
|Weight (tool only)
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the EGO LB7654, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the EGO LB7654
- Power: The EGO LB7654 is a cordless blower with a maximum air volume rating of 765 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and an air speed of 200 MPH.
- Power delivery: The LB7654 is a brushless-motor, battery-operated blower. Therefore, it doesn’t require to be plugged in when it’s being used. The user will enjoy the added mobility of its cordless design.
- Battery: Its 5 Ah 56 V Li-ion POWER+ battery (1 BA2800T battery included) enables the blower to run for up to 90 minutes without needing to recharge. More info on the POWER+ battery can be found below.
- Handling: It’s handheld, so naturally it’s easier to handle and carry than larger leaf blowers, such as backpack models or walk-behinds. Be aware that, at 9.56 lbs, the EGO LB7654 is on the heavier side of cordless handheld blowers.
- Speed Settings: There are times when you only need a little more power, while other times you will want a bit more precision when clearing leaves and debris. For this purpose, the LB7654 offers variable speed settings, adding you, the user, more control, and a cruise control mode, which will allow you to maintain it comfortably for as long as you wish.
- Noise: Its noise rating of 65 dB can be considered the standard for similar electric handheld blowers.
The EGO LB7654's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the EGO LB7654 compare with handheld leaf blowers of similar voltage (between 56 and 60V).
- Upon exiting the nozzle, the air can reach speeds of up to 200 MPH, which is incredibly impressive for a battery-operated handheld blower between 56 and 60V.
- If air volume is an important feature, the LB7654 by EGO will not disappoint. Its airflow maxes out at 765 CFM (cubic feet per minute), which is more powerful than most cordless handheld blowers with a comparable voltage. If air volume is important to you, the CAT DG651, with 800 CFM, could be in your good books.
- The longevity of this model’s battery is notably higher than most cordless handheld units. It offers an autonomy of up to 90 minutes. If autonomy is an important factor for you, the Toro 51822 can run for up to 140 minutes and could be worth considering.
Here's a list of the most popular specific comparisons:
As you can see from these interactive charts, when compared to other cordless blowers, the EGO LB7654 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this blower nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
POWER+ Battery Technology
EGO's POWER+ technology is based on a high-end patented ARC Lithium™ design which utilizes a third row of cells to achieve high-voltage performance. Combined with a revolutionary phase-change material which envelopes each cell, the arc-design of the cell's arrangement allows for more efficient cooling and an optimum power distribution across all rows of cells. This technology also embeds a patented power management system that monitors and optimizes each individual battery cell to maximize its power, performance, and runtime. Moreover, the battery casing is completely sealed and has an enhanced shock and weather resistivity. Thus, the battery is protected from drops, rain and the elements.
Established only recently in 1993, Ego Power+ has been rocking the outdoor power tool market ever since. The company, which falls under the larger Chinese agglomerate Chervon, has been consistently innovating the cordless power tool market. Their hardware offers a unique solution to the limits of electro engines, as it utilizes powerful 56 V arc lithium batteries, which are mounted externally on each of their devices. Ego claims to strive for a more ecological feature and aims to overtake their gasoline powered competition in both power, comfort and cost.
The EGO LB7654 is covered under a warranty for up to 5 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of EGO blowers, please consult EGO's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-855-EGO-5656 (346).
Questions & Answers
Why is there no shoulder strap? Or is there supposed to be one in the box? I didn't see one. My old Toro, which still works , has one. (Asked April 28, 2022)
Shoulder strap is a separate purchase. The recommended shoulder strap for this model is the AP1500 (opens in a new tab).
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.