The EGO LB7654 is a cordless handheld leaf blower delivering 765 CFM at 200 MPH. It features a 5 Ah 56 V Li-ion POWER+ battery. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 765|
|MPH||Up to 200|
|Blowing Force||26 N|
|Weight (w/ battery)||9.56 lbs|
|Weight (tool only)||4.6 lbs|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the EGO LB7654, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the EGO LB7654
- Power: The EGO LB7654 can force 765 cubic feet of air per minute (CFM) from its nozzle at a maximum speed of 200 MPH.
- Power delivery: Since the device is powered by a brushless, battery-operated motor, it doesn’t require to be plugged in and therefore, it allows superb freedom of movement.
- Battery: Its 5 Ah 56 V Li-ion POWER+ battery (1 battery included) offers a maximum autonomy of 90 minutes on a full charge. More info on the POWER+ battery can be found below.
- Handling: With its handheld design, this leaf blower was created with portability in mind. Most users will have no problem using it almost anywhere. However, for a cordless handheld blower, the EGO LB7654 is heavier than most, weighing 9.56 lbs.
- Speed Settings: To provide more control over their job to the user, the unit has a variable speed control setting. No matter the size of the job, the user can adjust the airflow of the EGO LB7654 to match it. On top of that, maintaining the selected speed is effortless, as it also features cruise control.
The EGO LB7654's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the EGO LB7654 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Upon exiting the nozzle, the air can reach speeds of up to 200 MPH, which is rather impressive for a battery-operated handheld blower. If you wish to benefit from air expelled at the fastest possible speed, the Makita XBU01PT and its 208 MPH could be an option to consider.
- If air volume is an important feature, the LB7654 by EGO will not disappoint. Its airflow maxes out at 765 CFM (cubic feet per minute), which makes this unit one of the most powerful cordless handheld blowers.
- Thanks to its autonomy of up to 90 mins, the LB7654 benefits from a higher run time than many cordless handheld units. If autonomy is an important factor for you, the Toro 51822 can run for up to 140 minutes and could be worth considering.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other cordless blowers, the EGO LB7654 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this blower nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
POWER+ Battery Technology
EGO's POWER+ technology is based on a high-end patented ARC Lithium™ design which utilizes a third row of cells to achieve high-voltage performance. Combined with a revolutionary phase-change material which envelopes each cell, the arc-design of the cell's arrangement allows for more efficient cooling and an optimum power distribution across all rows of cells. This technology also embeds a patented power management system that monitors and optimizes each individual battery cell to maximize its power, performance, and runtime. Moreover, the battery casing is completely sealed and has an enhanced shock and weather resistivity. Thus, the battery is protected from drops, rain and the elements.
Established only recently in 1993, Ego Power+ has been rocking the outdoor power tool market ever since. The company, which falls under the larger Chinese agglomerate Chervon, has been consistently innovating the cordless power tool market. Their hardware offers a unique solution to the limits of electro engines, as it utilizes powerful 56 V arc lithium batteries, which are mounted externally on each of their devices. Ego claims to strive for a more ecological feature and aims to overtake their gasoline powered competition in both power, comfort and cost.
The EGO LB7654 is covered under a warranty for up to 5 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of EGO blowers, please consult EGO's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-855-EGO-5656 (346).
Questions & Answers
Why is there no shoulder strap? Or is there supposed to be one in the box? I didn't see one. My old Toro, which still works , has one. (Asked April 28, 2022)
Shoulder strap is a separate purchase. The recommended shoulder strap for this model is the AP1500 (opens in a new tab).
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.