The EGO LBPX8000 is a cordless backpack leaf blower delivering 800 CFM at 190 MPH. It is powered by a 56 V Li-ion POWER+ battery. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 800|
|MPH||Up to 190|
|Blowing Force||26 N|
|Noise rating||65 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Overview of the EGO LBPX8000
- Power: This cordless leaf blower has a maximum air volume rating of 800 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and an air speed rating of 190 MPH.
- Power delivery: The LBPX8000 is a brushless-motor, battery-operated blower. Therefore, it doesn’t require to be plugged in when it’s being used. The user will enjoy the added mobility of its cordless design.
- Battery: The EGO LBPX8000 is powered by an easy-to-recharge 56 V Li-ion POWER+ battery (battery not included). More info on the POWER+ battery can be found below.
- Handling: This blower’s backpack functionality makes make it less exerting on the user, even when used for an extended period of time. Its throttle is located on the tube, which allows you to keep your left hand free.
- Speed Settings: With its variable speed settings, the EGO LBPX8000 allows you to precisely control its air output. In addition, the blower is also equipped with cruise control, with which the user can easily maintain the selected settings.
- Noise: As far as electric backpack blowers go, this one is average in terms of noise with a rating of 65 dB.
The EGO LBPX8000's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the EGO LBPX8000 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Air exiting the nozzle of this blower can reach 190 MPH, which is the fastest speed you can get with a battery-operated backpack blower.
- Regarding its air volume, the EGO LBPX8000 boasts an impressive airflow that can reach 800 CFM (Cubic Foot per Minute). This makes it one of the most powerful cordless backpack blowers.
POWER+ Battery Technology
EGO's POWER+ technology is based on a high-end patented ARC Lithium™ design which utilizes a third row of cells to achieve high-voltage performance. Combined with a revolutionary phase-change material which envelopes each cell, the arc-design of the cell's arrangement allows for more efficient cooling and an optimum power distribution across all rows of cells. This technology also embeds a patented power management system that monitors and optimizes each individual battery cell to maximize its power, performance, and runtime. Moreover, the battery casing is completely sealed and has an enhanced shock and weather resistivity. Thus, the battery is protected from drops, rain and the elements.
Established only recently in 1993, Ego Power+ has been rocking the outdoor power tool market ever since. The company, which falls under the larger Chinese agglomerate Chervon, has been consistently innovating the cordless power tool market. Their hardware offers a unique solution to the limits of electro engines, as it utilizes powerful 56 V arc lithium batteries, which are mounted externally on each of their devices. Ego claims to strive for a more ecological feature and aims to overtake their gasoline powered competition in both power, comfort and cost.
The EGO LBPX8000 is covered under a warranty for up to 5 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of EGO blowers, please consult EGO's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-855-EGO-5656 (346).
Questions & Answers
what is the weight of the EGO LBPX8000--including batteries (Asked January 2, 2023)
We currently do not have this information. We'll update the page as soon as we get it. Note that the LBPX8000 is a bare tool. Thus, the weight with battery will depend on what battery you choose to use. A 12Ah battery will weight more than a 6Ah.
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.