The EGO LBPX8004-2 is a cordless backpack leaf blower delivering 800 CFM at 190 MPH. It features a 6 Ah 56 V Li-ion battery system. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 800|
|MPH||Up to 190|
|Blowing Force||26 N|
|Weight (w/ battery)||29.1 lbs|
|Weight (tool only)||16.3 lbs|
|Noise rating||65 dB|
|Other model numbers||LBPX8000|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the EGO LBPX8004-2, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the EGO LBPX8004-2
- Power: This cordless leaf blower has a maximum air volume rating of 800 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and an air speed rating of 190 MPH.
- Power delivery: EGO designed this unit and its brushless, battery-operated motor with top-of-the-food-chain maneuverability in mind. The LBPX8004-2 doesn’t need to be plugged in, so you can take it anywhere easily.
- Battery: Its 6 Ah 56 V Li-ion batteries (2 BA3360T batteries included) means that a user can operate the LBPX8004-2 for an estimated 120 minutes on a full charge. While the unit can operate off of one or two batteries, using two batteries gives you a longer run time and a more efficient power draw.
- Handling: Like most backpack blowers, this model is technically heavier than a handheld. That being said, it can feel lighter and more comfortable because of the way it is carried, even when used over extended periods of time. Its throttle is located on the tube, which allows you to keep your left hand free. However, for an electric backpack blower, the EGO LBPX8004-2 is heavier than most, weighing 29.1 lbs.
- Speed Settings: To provide more control over their job to the user, the unit has a variable speed control setting. No matter the size of the job, the user can adjust the airflow of the EGO LBPX8004-2 to match it. On top of that, maintaining the selected speed is effortless, as it also features cruise control.
- Noise: Its noise rating of 65 dB can be considered the standard for similar electric backpack blowers.
The EGO LBPX8004-2's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the EGO LBPX8004-2 compare with backpack leaf blowers of similar voltage (between 56 and 60V).
- Upon exiting the nozzle, the air can reach speeds of up to 190 MPH, which is rather impressive for a battery-operated backpack blower between 56 and 60V. If you wish to benefit from air expelled at the fastest possible speed, the Echo DPB-5800T and its 195 MPH could be an option to consider.
- Regarding its air volume, the EGO LBPX8004-2 boasts an impressive airflow that can reach 800 CFM (Cubic Foot per Minute). This makes it one of the most powerful cordless backpack blowers with a comparable voltage.
- Thanks to its autonomy of up to 120 mins, the LBPX8004-2 benefits from the highest achievable run time for a cordless backpack unit operating between 56 and 60V.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other cordless backpack blowers, the EGO LBPX8004-2 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this blower nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
Established only recently in 1993, Ego Power+ has been rocking the outdoor power tool market ever since. The company, which falls under the larger Chinese agglomerate Chervon, has been consistently innovating the cordless power tool market. Their hardware offers a unique solution to the limits of electro engines, as it utilizes powerful 56 V arc lithium batteries, which are mounted externally on each of their devices. Ego claims to strive for a more ecological feature and aims to overtake their gasoline powered competition in both power, comfort and cost.
The EGO LBPX8004-2 is covered under a warranty for up to 5 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of EGO blowers, please consult EGO's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-855-EGO-5656 (346).
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.