Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 480|
|MPH||Up to 92|
|Noise Rating||64 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the EGO POWER+ 480 CFM LB4800, the user manual is available here.
Overview of the EGO POWER+ 480 CFM LB4800
- Power: The EGO POWER+ 480 CFM LB4800 is a cordless blower with a maximum air volume rating of 480 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and an air speed of 92 MPH.
- Power delivery: The POWER+ 480 CFM LB4800 is a battery-operated unit, so it doesn’t need to be plugged in during use. Users will enjoy the added mobility of its cordless design.
- Battery: Its 2.5 Ah 56 V Li-ion POWER+ battery (battery not included) offers an autonomy of 75 minutes on a full charge. More info on the POWER+ battery can be found below.
- Handling: With its handheld design, this leaf blower was created with portability in mind. Most users will have no problem using it almost anywhere. Among other cordless handheld blowers, the EGO POWER+ 480 CFM LB4800 can be considered light, weighing only 5 lbs.
- Speed Settings: With 3 speed settings, this blower’s output can be set to meet the needs of jobs big or small.
- Noise: Its noise rating of 64 dB can be considered the standard for similar electric handheld blowers.
The EGO POWER+ 480 CFM LB4800's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the EGO POWER+ 480 CFM LB4800 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- The air speed of the EGO POWER+ 480 CFM LB4800 maxes out at 92 MPH. While more than adequate for many jobs, its air speed is below average among other battery-operated handheld blowers (the one expelling air at the fastest speed being the Makita XBU01PT with 208 MPH).
- The POWER+ 480 CFM LB4800 is powerful, with an airflow rating of 480 CFM (cubic feet per minute). This is certainly on the high end compared to other cordless handheld leaf blowers (the biggest expelled air volume belonging to the Poulan Pro PRB675i with 675 CFM).
- Thanks to its autonomy of up to 75 mins, the POWER+ 480 CFM LB4800 benefits from a higher run time than many cordless handheld units (the one with the best autonomy being the EGO POWER+ 580 CFM LB5804 with up to 180 minutes of runtime).
As you can see from this dynamic chart, when compared to other cordless handheld blowers, the EGO POWER+ 480 CFM LB4800 is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget blower.
POWER+ Battery Technology
The bottom line
- POWER+ Technology
- Lightweight (5 lbs)
- High CFM (480 CFM)
- Excellent autonomy (75 mins)
- Acceptable Noise (64 dB)
- Battery not included
- Low MPH (92 MPH)
Established only recently in 1993, Ego Power+ has been rocking the outdoor power tool market ever since. The company, which falls under the larger Chinese agglomerate Chervon, has been consistently innovating the cordless power tool market. Their hardware offers a unique solution to the limits of electro engines, as it utilizes powerful 56 V arc lithium batteries, which are mounted externally on each of their devices. Ego claims to strive for a more ecological feature and aims to overtake their gasoline powered competition in both power, comfort and cost.
The EGO POWER+ 480 CFM LB4800 is covered under a warranty for up to 5 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of EGO blowers, please consult EGO's warranty policies. Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-855-EGO-5656 (346).
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.