The EGO POWER+ LB4800 is a cordless handheld leaf blower delivering 480 CFM at 92 MPH. It is powered by a 56 V Li-ion POWER+ battery. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 480|
|MPH||Up to 92|
|Weight (tool only)||5.2 lbs|
|Noise rating||64 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the EGO POWER+ LB4800, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the EGO POWER+ LB4800
- Power: The EGO POWER+ LB4800 is a cordless blower with a maximum air volume rating of 480 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and an air speed of 92 MPH.
- Power delivery: The POWER+ LB4800 is a brushless-motor, battery-operated blower. Therefore, it doesn’t require to be plugged in when it’s being used. The user will enjoy the added mobility of its cordless design.
- Battery: Its 2.5 Ah 56 V Li-ion POWER+ battery (BA1400 battery not included) enables the blower to run for up to 60 minutes without needing to recharge. More info on the POWER+ battery can be found below.
- Handling: Being handheld, this blower has a good maneuverability and is meant to be easier to carry around over a small period of time. The blower in its bare tool (no battery) version weighs 5.2 lbs — the EGO POWER+ LB4800 is neither the lightest nor the heaviest cordless handheld blower on the market.
- Speed Settings: Not all jobs need full power. The POWER+ LB4800 has 3 speed settings so, you can blow more or less air from the blower depending on the job.
- Noise: Its noise rating of 64 dB can be considered the standard for similar electric handheld blowers.
The EGO POWER+ LB4800's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the EGO POWER+ LB4800 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Maxing out at 92 MPH at full power, this blower is on the lower end in terms of air speed for battery-operated handheld blowers. For the fastest air speed in this category, you may want to consider the Makita XBU01PT, which can expell air at a velocity that can reach 208 MPH.
- The POWER+ LB4800 is average in terms of air volume. It's rated at 480 CFM, which is common for cordless handheld blowers. If air volume is important to you, the EGO LB7654, with 765 CFM, could be in your good books.
- The longevity of this model’s battery is notably higher than most cordless handheld units. It offers an autonomy of up to 60 minutes. If autonomy is an important factor for you, the Toro 51822 can run for up to 140 minutes and could be worth considering.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other cordless blowers, the EGO POWER+ LB4800 is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget blower.
POWER+ Battery Technology
EGO's POWER+ technology is based on a high-end patented ARC Lithium™ design which utilizes a third row of cells to achieve high-voltage performance. Combined with a revolutionary phase-change material which envelopes each cell, the arc-design of the cell's arrangement allows for more efficient cooling and an optimum power distribution across all rows of cells. This technology also embeds a patented power management system that monitors and optimizes each individual battery cell to maximize its power, performance, and runtime. Moreover, the battery casing is completely sealed and has an enhanced shock and weather resistivity. Thus, the battery is protected from drops, rain and the elements.
Established only recently in 1993, Ego Power+ has been rocking the outdoor power tool market ever since. The company, which falls under the larger Chinese agglomerate Chervon, has been consistently innovating the cordless power tool market. Their hardware offers a unique solution to the limits of electro engines, as it utilizes powerful 56 V arc lithium batteries, which are mounted externally on each of their devices. Ego claims to strive for a more ecological feature and aims to overtake their gasoline powered competition in both power, comfort and cost.
The EGO POWER+ LB4800 is covered under a warranty for up to 5 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of EGO blowers, please consult EGO's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-855-EGO-5656 (346).
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.