The EGO POWER+ LB4800 is a cordless handheld leaf blower delivering 480 CFM at 92 MPH. It is powered by a 56 V Li-ion POWER+ battery. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 480|
|MPH||Up to 92|
|Noise rating||64 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the EGO POWER+ LB4800, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the EGO POWER+ LB4800
- Power: This cordless leaf blower has a maximum air volume rating of 480 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and an air speed rating of 92 MPH.
- Power delivery: This blower has a brushless, battery-operated motor. Thus, the user won’t have to worry about tripping over pesky cords when they’re busy working their lawn.
- Battery: Its 2.5 Ah 56 V Li-ion POWER+ battery (battery not included) offers a maximum autonomy of 20 minutes on a full charge. More info on the POWER+ battery can be found below.
- Handling: With its handheld design, this leaf blower was created with portability in mind. Most users will have no problem using it almost anywhere. Among other cordless handheld blowers, the EGO POWER+ LB4800 can be considered light, weighing only 5.2 lbs.
- Speed Settings: Thanks to its 3 speed settings, the EGO POWER+ LB4800 allows the user to adjust the air output to the task in hand.
- Noise: With a decibel rating of 64 dB, the POWER+ LB4800 is neither louder nor quieter than its rivals in the electric handheld category.
The EGO POWER+ LB4800's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the EGO POWER+ LB4800 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Air expelled from the nozzle of this blower can reach 92 MPH. When compared to others of this type, the POWER+ LB4800 has a lower air speed than most battery-operated handheld blowers. For the fastest air speed in this category, you may want to consider the Makita XBU01PT, which can expell air at a velocity that can reach 208 MPH.
- It has a maximum air volume output of 480 CFM (cubic feet per minute). With this output rating, the POWER+ LB4800 is well within average in relation to similar cordless handheld blowers. If air volume is important to you, the Ryobi RY404100, with 730 CFM, could be in your good books.
- Autonomy-wise, with up to 20 minutes of autonomy on a full charge, the POWER+ LB4800 is on the low end when compared with other cordless handheld units. To enjoy the best possible autonomy in this category, you could have a look at the EGO POWER+ LBX6000 which offers up to 96 minutes of runtime.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other cordless blowers, the EGO POWER+ LB4800 is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget blower.
POWER+ Battery Technology
EGO's POWER+ technology is based on a high-end patented ARC Lithium™ design which utilizes a third row of cells to achieve high-voltage performance. Combined with a revolutionary phase-change material which envelopes each cell, the arc-design of the cell's arrangement allows for more efficient cooling and an optimum power distribution across all rows of cells. This technology also embeds a patented power management system that monitors and optimizes each individual battery cell to maximize its power, performance, and runtime. Moreover, the battery casing is completely sealed and has an enhanced shock and weather resistivity. Thus, the battery is protected from drops, rain and the elements.
Established only recently in 1993, Ego Power+ has been rocking the outdoor power tool market ever since. The company, which falls under the larger Chinese agglomerate Chervon, has been consistently innovating the cordless power tool market. Their hardware offers a unique solution to the limits of electro engines, as it utilizes powerful 56 V arc lithium batteries, which are mounted externally on each of their devices. Ego claims to strive for a more ecological feature and aims to overtake their gasoline powered competition in both power, comfort and cost.
The EGO POWER+ LB4800 is covered under a warranty for up to 5 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of EGO blowers, please consult EGO's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-855-EGO-5656 (346).
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.