The EGO POWER+ LB5302 is a cordless handheld leaf blower delivering 530 CFM at 110 MPH. It features a 2.5 Ah 56 V Li-ion POWER+ battery. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 530|
|MPH||Up to 110|
|Weight (w/ battery)||7.5 lbs|
|Weight (tool only)||4.8 lbs|
|Noise rating||64 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the EGO POWER+ LB5302, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the EGO POWER+ LB5302
- Power: This cordless leaf blower has a maximum air volume rating of 530 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and an air speed rating of 110 MPH.
- Power delivery: EGO designed this unit and its brushless, battery-operated motor with top-of-the-food-chain maneuverability in mind. The POWER+ LB5302 doesn’t need to be plugged in, so you can take it anywhere easily.
- Battery: It has a 2.5 Ah 56 V Li-ion POWER+ battery (1 BA1400 battery included) that should work reliably for up to 75 minutes if completely charged. More info on the POWER+ battery can be found below.
- Handling: Being handheld, this blower has a good maneuverability and is meant to be easier to carry around over a small period of time.
- Speed Settings: Not all jobs need full power. The POWER+ LB5302 has 3 speed settings so, you can blow more or less air from the blower depending on the job.
- Noise: With a decibel rating of 64 dB, the POWER+ LB5302 is neither louder nor quieter than its rivals in the electric handheld category.
The EGO POWER+ LB5302's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the EGO POWER+ LB5302 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Upon exiting the nozzle, the air can reach speeds of up to 110 MPH, which is on the lower end for battery-operated handheld blowers. For the fastest air speed in this category, you may want to consider the Makita XBU01PT, which can expell air at a velocity that can reach 208 MPH.
- If air volume is an important feature, the POWER+ LB5302 by EGO will not disappoint. Its airflow maxes out at 530 CFM (cubic feet per minute), which is more powerful than most cordless handheld blowers. If air volume is important to you, the CAT DG651, with 800 CFM, could be in your good books.
- The longevity of this model’s battery is notably higher than most cordless handheld units. It offers an autonomy of up to 75 minutes. If autonomy is an important factor for you, the Toro 51822 can run for up to 140 minutes and could be worth considering.
Here's a list of the most popular specific comparisons:
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other cordless blowers, the EGO POWER+ LB5302 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this blower nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
POWER+ Battery Technology
EGO's POWER+ technology is based on a high-end patented ARC Lithium™ design which utilizes a third row of cells to achieve high-voltage performance. Combined with a revolutionary phase-change material which envelopes each cell, the arc-design of the cell's arrangement allows for more efficient cooling and an optimum power distribution across all rows of cells. This technology also embeds a patented power management system that monitors and optimizes each individual battery cell to maximize its power, performance, and runtime. Moreover, the battery casing is completely sealed and has an enhanced shock and weather resistivity. Thus, the battery is protected from drops, rain and the elements.
Established only recently in 1993, Ego Power+ has been rocking the outdoor power tool market ever since. The company, which falls under the larger Chinese agglomerate Chervon, has been consistently innovating the cordless power tool market. Their hardware offers a unique solution to the limits of electro engines, as it utilizes powerful 56 V arc lithium batteries, which are mounted externally on each of their devices. Ego claims to strive for a more ecological feature and aims to overtake their gasoline powered competition in both power, comfort and cost.
The EGO POWER+ LB5302 is covered under a warranty for up to 5 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of EGO blowers, please consult EGO's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-855-EGO-5656 (346).
Questions & Answers
On the LB5302. The speed switch on the front of the handle can go from a 10 O' clock to a 2 O' Clock position. What are the non-turbo CFM's in either of those two positions. Is the advertised length of use of 75 minutes only relevant when the switch is in the 10 O' Clock position. (Asked October 10, 2021)
The non-turbo CFM of the unit is 250-400. The advertised length of use of 75 minutes is at the lowest speed. Length of use is around 22 minutes at high speed, and 10 minutes at turbo speed.
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.