The EGO POWER+ LB5302 is a cordless handheld leaf blower delivering 530 CFM at 110 MPH. It features a 2.5 Ah 56 V Li-ion POWER+ battery. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 530|
|MPH||Up to 110|
|Weight (w/ battery)||7.5 lbs|
|Weight (tool only)||4.8 lbs|
|Noise rating||64 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the EGO POWER+ LB5302, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the EGO POWER+ LB5302
- Power: The EGO POWER+ LB5302 is a cordless blower with a maximum air volume rating of 530 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and an air speed of 110 MPH.
- Power delivery: EGO designed this unit and its brushless, battery-operated motor with top-of-the-food-chain maneuverability in mind. The POWER+ LB5302 doesn’t need to be plugged in, so you can take it anywhere easily.
- Battery: Its 2.5 Ah 56 V Li-ion POWER+ battery (1 BA1400 battery included) offers a maximum autonomy of 75 minutes on a full charge. More info on the POWER+ battery can be found below.
- Handling: It’s handheld, so naturally it’s easier to handle and carry than larger leaf blowers, such as backpack models or walk-behinds. At 7.5 lbs (battery included), the EGO POWER+ LB5302 is within the average weight range of cordless handheld blowers.
- Speed Settings: With 3 speed settings, this blower’s output can be set to meet the needs of jobs big or small.
- Noise: As far as electric handheld blowers go, this one is average in terms of noise with a rating of 64 dB.
The EGO POWER+ LB5302's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the EGO POWER+ LB5302 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Air expelled from the nozzle of this blower can reach 110 MPH. When compared to others of this type, the POWER+ LB5302 has a lower air speed than most battery-operated handheld blowers. For the fastest air speed in this category, you may want to consider the Makita XBU01PT, which can expell air at a velocity that can reach 208 MPH.
- Regarding its air volume, the EGO POWER+ LB5302 boasts an impressive airflow that can reach 530 CFM (Cubic Foot per Minute). This places it amongst the most powerful cordless handheld blowers. If air volume is important to you, the CAT DG651, with 800 CFM, could be in your good books.
- The POWER+ LB5302 is within the average range for cordless handheld units, offering up to 75 minutes of running time when fully charged. If autonomy is an important factor for you, the Makita CBU01Z can run for up to 300 minutes and could be worth considering.
Here's a list of the most popular specific comparisons:
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other cordless blowers, the EGO POWER+ LB5302 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this blower nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
POWER+ Battery Technology
EGO's POWER+ technology is based on a high-end patented ARC Lithium™ design which utilizes a third row of cells to achieve high-voltage performance. Combined with a revolutionary phase-change material which envelopes each cell, the arc-design of the cell's arrangement allows for more efficient cooling and an optimum power distribution across all rows of cells. This technology also embeds a patented power management system that monitors and optimizes each individual battery cell to maximize its power, performance, and runtime. Moreover, the battery casing is completely sealed and has an enhanced shock and weather resistivity. Thus, the battery is protected from drops, rain and the elements.
Established only recently in 1993, Ego Power+ has been rocking the outdoor power tool market ever since. The company, which falls under the larger Chinese agglomerate Chervon, has been consistently innovating the cordless power tool market. Their hardware offers a unique solution to the limits of electro engines, as it utilizes powerful 56 V arc lithium batteries, which are mounted externally on each of their devices. Ego claims to strive for a more ecological feature and aims to overtake their gasoline powered competition in both power, comfort and cost.
The EGO POWER+ LB5302 is covered under a warranty for up to 5 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of EGO blowers, please consult EGO's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-855-EGO-5656 (346).
Questions & Answers
On the LB5302. The speed switch on the front of the handle can go from a 10 O' clock to a 2 O' Clock position. What are the non-turbo CFM's in either of those two positions. Is the advertised length of use of 75 minutes only relevant when the switch is in the 10 O' Clock position. (Asked October 10, 2021)
The non-turbo CFM of the unit is 250-400. The advertised length of use of 75 minutes is at the lowest speed. Length of use is around 22 minutes at high speed, and 10 minutes at turbo speed.
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.