The EGO LB5804 is a cordless handheld leaf blower delivering 580 CFM at 168 MPH. It features a 5 Ah 56 V Li-ion POWER+ battery. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 580|
|MPH||Up to 168|
|Blowing Force||18 N|
|Weight (w/ battery)||9.7 lbs|
|Weight (tool only)||4.8 lbs|
|Noise rating||65 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the EGO POWER+ 580 CFM LB5804, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the EGO LB5804
- Power: The LB5804 is a cordless blower made by EGO. It has a maximum air speed of 168 MPH and its nozzle can expel a max air volume of 580 cubic feet per minute (CFM).
- Power delivery: Since the device is powered by a brushless, battery-operated motor, it doesn’t require to be plugged in and therefore, it allows superb freedom of movement.
- Battery: Its 5 Ah 56 V Li-ion POWER+ battery (1 BA2800 battery included) offers a maximum autonomy of 75 minutes on a full charge. More info on the POWER+ battery can be found below.
- Handling: It’s handheld, so naturally it’s easier to handle and carry than larger leaf blowers, such as backpack models or walk-behinds. Be aware that, at 9.7 lbs, the EGO LB5804 is on the heavier side of cordless handheld blowers.
- Speed Settings: For those who wish to have complete control while operating their leaf blower, the LB5804 offers variable speed settings, and moreover, is also equipped with cruise control, which allows the user to comfortably continue blowing at their preferred setting.
- Noise: With a decibel rating of 65 dB, the LB5804 is neither louder nor quieter than its rivals in the electric handheld category.
The EGO LB5804's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the EGO LB5804 compare with handheld leaf blowers of similar voltage (between 56 and 60V).
- Upon exiting the nozzle, the air can reach speeds of up to 168 MPH, which is rather impressive for a battery-operated handheld blower between 56 and 60V. If you wish to benefit from air expelled at the fastest possible speed, the EGO LB7654 and its 200 MPH could be an option to consider.
- The LB5804 is average in terms of air volume. It's rated at 580 CFM, which is common for cordless handheld blowers with a comparable voltage. If air volume is important to you, the CAT DG651, with 800 CFM, could be in your good books.
- Its battery is standard in terms of autonomy for a cordless handheld product that runs on this kind of voltage. Fully charged, it should run for up to 75 minutes. If autonomy is an important factor for you, the Toro 51822 can run for up to 140 minutes and could be worth considering.
Here's a list of the most popular specific comparisons:
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other cordless blowers, the EGO LB5804 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this blower nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
POWER+ Battery Technology
EGO's POWER+ technology is based on a high-end patented ARC Lithium™ design which utilizes a third row of cells to achieve high-voltage performance. Combined with a revolutionary phase-change material which envelopes each cell, the arc-design of the cell's arrangement allows for more efficient cooling and an optimum power distribution across all rows of cells. This technology also embeds a patented power management system that monitors and optimizes each individual battery cell to maximize its power, performance, and runtime. Moreover, the battery casing is completely sealed and has an enhanced shock and weather resistivity. Thus, the battery is protected from drops, rain and the elements.
Established only recently in 1993, Ego Power+ has been rocking the outdoor power tool market ever since. The company, which falls under the larger Chinese agglomerate Chervon, has been consistently innovating the cordless power tool market. Their hardware offers a unique solution to the limits of electro engines, as it utilizes powerful 56 V arc lithium batteries, which are mounted externally on each of their devices. Ego claims to strive for a more ecological feature and aims to overtake their gasoline powered competition in both power, comfort and cost.
The EGO LB5804 is covered under a warranty for up to 5 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of EGO blowers, please consult EGO's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-855-EGO-5656 (346).
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.