The EGO LB6003 is a cordless backpack leaf blower delivering 600 CFM at 145 MPH. It features a 7.5 Ah 56 V Li-ion POWER+ battery. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 600|
|MPH||Up to 145|
|Noise rating||64 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the EGO LB6003, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the EGO LB6003
- Power: The EGO LB6003 is a cordless blower with a maximum air volume rating of 600 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and an air speed of 145 MPH.
- Power delivery: The LB6003 is a brushless-motor, battery-operated blower. Therefore, it doesn’t require to be plugged in when it’s being used. The user will enjoy the added mobility of its cordless design
- Battery: Its 7.5 Ah 56 V Li-ion POWER+ battery (1 battery included) means that a user can operate the LB6003 for an estimated 30 minutes on a full charge. More info on the POWER+ battery can be found below.
- Handling: This blower’s backpack functionality makes make it less exerting on the user, even when used for an extended period of time. Its throttle is located on the tube, which allows you to keep your left hand free. When compared to other electric backpack blowers, the EGO LB6003 stands out due to its lower weight: just 18.8 lbs.
- Speed Settings: Sometimes you just need a little more power, while other times you may want a little more precision when moving leaves and debris. That’s why the LB6003 features variable speed settings for added control.
- Noise: As far as electric backpack blowers go, this one is average in terms of noise with a rating of 64 dB.
The EGO LB6003's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the EGO LB6003 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Its max air speed of 145 MPH places it at the approximate midpoint in comparison to other electric backpack blowers (the one expelling air at the fastest speed being the Poulan Pro PRBP675i with 150 MPH).
- The LB6003 is powerful, with an airflow rating of 600 CFM (cubic feet per minute). This is certainly on the high end compared to other electric backpack blowers (the biggest expelled air volume belonging to the Poulan Pro PRBP675i with 675 CFM).
- The LB6003 is within the average range for cordless backpack units, offering up to 30 minutes of running time when fully charged (the one with the best autonomy being the Dewalt DCBL590X2 with up to 40 minutes of runtime).
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric backpack blowers, the EGO LB6003 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this blower nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
POWER+ Battery TechnologyEGO's POWER+ technology is based on a high-end patented ARC Lithium™ design which utilizes a third row of cells to achieve high-voltage performance. Combined with a revolutionary phase-change material which envelopes each cell, the arc-design of the cell's arrangement allows for more efficient cooling and an optimum power distribution across all rows of cells. This technology also embeds a patented power management system that monitors and optimizes each individual battery cell to maximize its power, performance, and runtime. Moreover, the battery casing is completely sealed and has an enhanced shock and weather resistivity. Thus, the battery is protected from drops, rain and the elements.
Established only recently in 1993, Ego Power+ has been rocking the outdoor power tool market ever since. The company, which falls under the larger Chinese agglomerate Chervon, has been consistently innovating the cordless power tool market. Their hardware offers a unique solution to the limits of electro engines, as it utilizes powerful 56 V arc lithium batteries, which are mounted externally on each of their devices. Ego claims to strive for a more ecological feature and aims to overtake their gasoline powered competition in both power, comfort and cost.
The EGO LB6003 is covered under a warranty for up to 5 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of EGO blowers, please consult EGO's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-855-EGO-5656 (346).
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.