The EGO LB6003 is a lightweight cordless backpack leaf blower delivering 600 CFM at 145 MPH. It features a 7.5 Ah 56 V Li-ion POWER+ battery. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 600|
|MPH||Up to 145|
|Weight (w/ battery)||18.9 lbs|
|Weight (tool only)||12.5 lbs|
|Noise rating||64 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the EGO LB6003, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the EGO LB6003
- Power: The EGO LB6003 can force 600 cubic feet of air per minute (CFM) from its nozzle at a maximum speed of 145 MPH.
- Power delivery: Since the device is powered by a brushless, battery-operated motor, it doesn’t require to be plugged in and therefore, it allows superb freedom of movement.
- Battery: Its 7.5 Ah 56 V Li-ion POWER+ battery (1 BA4200T battery included) enables the blower to run for up to 30 minutes without needing to recharge. More info on the POWER+ battery can be found below.
- Handling: By design, this model isn’t the smallest leaf blower on the market. It’s meant to be carried as a backpack so that the bulk of the unit is out of the way and the user’s hands are free to manipulate the nozzle. Its throttle is located on the tube, which allows you to keep your left hand free. When compared to other electric backpack blowers, the EGO LB6003 stands out due to its lower weight: just 18.9 lbs battery included.
- Speed Settings: For those who are keen on having complete control while operating their leaf blower, the LB6003 offers variable speed settings.
- Noise: With a decibel rating of 64 dB, the LB6003 is neither louder nor quieter than its rivals in the electric backpack category.
The EGO LB6003's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the EGO LB6003 compare with backpack leaf blowers of similar voltage (between 56 and 60V).
- Air expelled from the nozzle of this blower can reach 145 MPH. When compared to others of this type, the LB6003 has a lower air speed than most battery-operated backpack blowers in the 56 and 60V range. For the fastest air speed in this category, you may want to consider the Echo DPB-5800T, which can expell air at a velocity that can reach 195 MPH.
- It’s capable of expelling a maximum air volume of 600 CFM (cubic feet per minute). This places it at the low end compared to other cordless backpack blowers with a comparable voltage. For the highest air volume, you may want to have a look at the EGO LBPX8004-2, which boasts with 800 CFM.
- Users can expect a maximum autonomy of 30 minutes from its battery, which means the LB6003 won't run as long as many other cordless backpack units before needing to be plugged in. To enjoy the best possible autonomy in this category, you could have a look at the EGO LBPX8004-2 which offers up to 120 minutes of runtime.
Here's a list of the most popular specific comparisons:
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other cordless backpack blowers, the EGO LB6003 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this blower nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
POWER+ Battery Technology
EGO's POWER+ technology is based on a high-end patented ARC Lithium™ design which utilizes a third row of cells to achieve high-voltage performance. Combined with a revolutionary phase-change material which envelopes each cell, the arc-design of the cell's arrangement allows for more efficient cooling and an optimum power distribution across all rows of cells. This technology also embeds a patented power management system that monitors and optimizes each individual battery cell to maximize its power, performance, and runtime. Moreover, the battery casing is completely sealed and has an enhanced shock and weather resistivity. Thus, the battery is protected from drops, rain and the elements.
Established only recently in 1993, Ego Power+ has been rocking the outdoor power tool market ever since. The company, which falls under the larger Chinese agglomerate Chervon, has been consistently innovating the cordless power tool market. Their hardware offers a unique solution to the limits of electro engines, as it utilizes powerful 56 V arc lithium batteries, which are mounted externally on each of their devices. Ego claims to strive for a more ecological feature and aims to overtake their gasoline powered competition in both power, comfort and cost.
The EGO LB6003 is covered under a warranty for up to 5 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of EGO blowers, please consult EGO's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-855-EGO-5656 (346).
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.