The EGO LBX6000 is a cordless handheld leaf blower delivering 600 CFM at 130 MPH. It is powered by a 28 Ah 56 V Li-ion POWER+ battery. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 600|
|MPH||Up to 130|
|Blowing Force||19 N|
|Noise rating||95 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the EGO POWER+ LBX6000, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the EGO LBX6000
- Power: The EGO LBX6000 is a cordless blower with a maximum air volume rating of 600 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and an air speed of 130 MPH.
- Power delivery: EGO designed this unit and its brushless, battery-operated motor with top-of-the-food-chain maneuverability in mind. The LBX6000 doesn’t need to be plugged in, so you can take it anywhere easily.
- Battery: With its 28 Ah 56 V Li-ion POWER+ battery, the EGO LBX6000 has a standard, full-charge run time of up to 96 minutes. More info on the POWER+ battery can be found below.
- Handling: For those who are looking for a portable and convenient leaf blower, this model is a strong candidate. It’s designed for easy handling and use, and its size means it’s easily carried and stored. When compared to other cordless handheld blowers, the EGO LBX6000 stands out due to its lower weight: just 5.95 lbs.
- Speed Settings: EGO designed the LBX6000 with control and precision in mind. That’s why this model has 5 speed settings, meaning that its air output can be adjusted to suit the user’s needs.
- Noise: The noise emitted by the EGO LBX6000 can reach up to 95 dB. Its noise rating is on the higher end compared to other electric handheld leaf blowers.
The EGO LBX6000's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the EGO LBX6000 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- The EGO LBX6000 expels air at speeds up to 130 MPH, making it standard in terms of air speed for battery-operated handheld blowers (the one expelling air at the fastest speed being the Makita XBU01PT with 208 MPH).
- Regarding its air volume, the EGO LBX6000 boasts an impressive airflow that can reach 600 CFM (Cubic Foot per Minute). This places it amongst the most powerful of cordless handheld blowers (the biggest expelled air volume belonging to the Poulan Pro PRB675i with 675 CFM).
- Thanks to its autonomy of up to 96 mins, the LBX6000 benefits from a higher run time than many cordless handheld units - in fact, it's got the longest runtime of all!
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other cordless blowers, the EGO LBX6000 is on the expensive side of the price range.
While certainly not the cheapest of its kind, purchasing it could most likely also mean enjoying the reliability of a high-end product.
POWER+ Battery TechnologyEGO's POWER+ technology is based on a high-end patented ARC Lithium™ design which utilizes a third row of cells to achieve high-voltage performance. Combined with a revolutionary phase-change material which envelopes each cell, the arc-design of the cell's arrangement allows for more efficient cooling and an optimum power distribution across all rows of cells. This technology also embeds a patented power management system that monitors and optimizes each individual battery cell to maximize its power, performance, and runtime. Moreover, the battery casing is completely sealed and has an enhanced shock and weather resistivity. Thus, the battery is protected from drops, rain and the elements.
Established only recently in 1993, Ego Power+ has been rocking the outdoor power tool market ever since. The company, which falls under the larger Chinese agglomerate Chervon, has been consistently innovating the cordless power tool market. Their hardware offers a unique solution to the limits of electro engines, as it utilizes powerful 56 V arc lithium batteries, which are mounted externally on each of their devices. Ego claims to strive for a more ecological feature and aims to overtake their gasoline powered competition in both power, comfort and cost.
The EGO LBX6000 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of EGO blowers, please consult EGO's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-855-EGO-5656 (346).
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.