The Greenworks 60BP700 is a cordless backpack leaf blower delivering 710 CFM at 160 MPH. It is powered by 60 V Li-ion batteries. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Up to 710
|Up to 160
|Weight (tool only)
|Other model numbers
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Greenworks 60BP700, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Greenworks 60BP700
- Power: The Greenworks 60BP700 can force 710 cubic feet of air per minute (CFM) from its nozzle at a maximum speed of 160 MPH.
- Power delivery: The 60BP700 is a brushless-motor, battery-operated blower. Therefore, it doesn’t require to be plugged in when it’s being used. The user will enjoy the added mobility of its cordless design.
- Battery: The unit is powered by Greenworks' X-Range 60V batteries (not included in the package) and can run on either one or two batteries, extending its runtime. When running on two batteries, Greenworks's Auto-Switch technology will automatically switch power source when a battery is depleted. The X-Range line of batteries is Bluetooth-capable and can be paired with a mobile device running the Greenworks tools app (available on Android and iOS) which allows monitoring the battery status in real-time. When operating on two 8.0 Ah batteries, the user can expect a runtime of up to 80 minutes.
- Handling: This blower’s backpack functionality makes make it less exerting on the user, even when used for an extended period of time. Its throttle is located on the tube, which allows you to keep your left hand free. At 16.1 lbs for the blower alone, the Greenworks 60BP700 is within the average weight range of electric backpack blowers.
- Speed Settings: For those who wish to have complete control while operating their leaf blower, the 60BP700 offers variable speed settings, and moreover, is also equipped with cruise control, which allows the user to comfortably continue blowing at their preferred setting.
- Noise: As far as electric backpack blowers go, this one is average in terms of noise with a rating of 71 dB.
The Greenworks 60BP700's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Greenworks 60BP700 compare with other cordless backpack leaf blowers.
- The Greenworks 60BP700 expels air at speeds up to 160 MPH, making it standard in terms of air speed for battery-operated backpack blowers. If you wish to benefit from air expelled at the fastest possible speed, the Echo DPB-5800T and its 195 MPH could be an option to consider.
- The 60BP700 is powerful, with an airflow rating of 710 CFM (cubic feet per minute). This is certainly on the high end compared to other cordless backpack blowers with a comparable voltage. If air volume is important to you, the EGO LBPX8004-2, with 800 CFM, could be in your good books.
- Its battery is standard in terms of autonomy for a cordless backpack product. Fully charged, it should run for up to 80 minutes. If autonomy is an important factor for you, the Makita CBU02Z can run for up to 240 minutes and could be worth considering.
As you can see from these interactive charts, when compared to other cordless backpack blowers, the Greenworks 60BP700 is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget blower.
Greenworks is a subsidiary of Changzhou Globe Co., a company based in Changzhou, China. Greenworks specializes in battery-powered outdoor power tools. Their product line is fully electric, with a special focus on using Lithium-ion battery technology to develop “green” products that are competitive with gas-operated models. In 2016, Globe Tools Group received a substantial capital investment from Stihl, who subsequently became a minority shareholder.
The Greenworks 60BP700 is covered under a warranty for up to 4 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Greenworks blowers, please consult Greenworks's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-888-90-WORKS (888-909-6757).
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.