The Greenworks 60BP700 is a cordless backpack leaf blower delivering 710 CFM at 160 MPH. It is powered by a 60 V Li-ion battery system. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 710|
|MPH||Up to 160|
|Blowing Force||19 N|
|Weight (tool only)||16.1 lbs|
|Noise rating||71 dB|
|Other model numbers||2420902T|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Greenworks 60BP700, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Greenworks 60BP700
- Power: The Greenworks 60BP700 can force 710 cubic feet of air per minute (CFM) from its nozzle at a maximum speed of 160 MPH.
- Power delivery: Greenworks designed this unit and its brushless, battery-operated motor with top-of-the-food-chain maneuverability in mind. The 60BP700 doesn’t need to be plugged in, so you can take it anywhere easily.
- Battery: The unit is powered by Greenworks' X-Range 60V batteries (not included in the package) and can run on either one or two batteries, extending its runtime. When running on two batteries, Greenworks's Auto-Switch technology will automatically switch power source when a battery is depleted. The X-Range line of batteries is Bluetooth-capable and can be paired with a mobile device running the Greenworks tools app (available on Android and iOS) which allows monitoring the battery status in real-time. When operating on two 8.0 Ah batteries, the user can expect a runtime of up to 80 minutes.
- Handling: By design, this model isn’t the smallest leaf blower on the market. It’s meant to be carried as a backpack so that the bulk of the unit is out of the way and the user’s hands are free to manipulate the nozzle. Its throttle is located on the tube, which allows you to keep your left hand free. At 16.1 lbs for the blower alone, the Greenworks 60BP700 is within the average weight range of electric backpack blowers.
- Speed Settings: To provide more control over their job to the user, the unit has a variable speed control setting. No matter the size of the job, the user can adjust the airflow of the Greenworks 60BP700 to match it. On top of that, maintaining the selected speed is effortless, as it also features cruise control.
- Noise: Its noise rating of 71 dB can be considered the standard for similar electric backpack blowers.
The Greenworks 60BP700's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Greenworks 60BP700 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Air exiting the nozzle of this blower can reach 160 MPH, which is quite a bit faster than most battery-operated backpack blowers. If you wish to benefit from air expelled at the fastest possible speed, the EGO LBPX8000 and its 190 MPH could be an option to consider.
- Regarding its air volume, the Greenworks 60BP700 boasts an impressive airflow that can reach 710 CFM (Cubic Foot per Minute). This places it amongst the most powerful cordless backpack blowers. If air volume is important to you, the EGO LBPX8000, with 800 CFM, could be in your good books.
- Users can expect a maximum autonomy of 80 minutes from its battery, which means the 60BP700 won't run as long as many other cordless backpack units before needing to be plugged in. To enjoy the best possible autonomy in this category, you could have a look at the Makita CBU02Z which offers up to 240 minutes of runtime.
The bottom line
- Brushless motor
- Cruise control
- High CFM (710 CFM)
- High MPH (160 MPH)
- Decent weight (16.1 lbs)
- Acceptable noise (71 dB)
- Battery not included
- Low autonomy (80 mins)
Greenworks is a subsidiary of Changzhou Globe Co., a company based in Changzhou, China. Greenworks specializes in battery-powered outdoor power tools. Their product line is fully electric, with a special focus on using Lithium-ion battery technology to develop “green” products that are competitive with gas-operated models. In 2016, Globe Tools Group received a substantial capital investment from Stihl, who subsequently became a minority shareholder.
The Greenworks 60BP700 is covered under a warranty for up to 4 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Greenworks blowers, please consult Greenworks's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-888-90-WORKS (888-909-6757).
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.