The Greenworks 60BP700 is a cordless backpack leaf blower delivering 710 CFM at 160 MPH. It is powered by 60 V Li-ion batteries. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 710|
|MPH||Up to 160|
|Blowing Force||19 N|
|Weight (tool only)||16.1 lbs|
|Noise rating||71 dB|
|Other model numbers||2420902T|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Greenworks 60BP700, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Greenworks 60BP700
- Power: The Greenworks 60BP700 is a cordless blower with a maximum air volume rating of 710 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and an air speed of 160 MPH.
- Power delivery: This blower has a brushless, battery-operated motor. Thus, the user won’t have to worry about tripping over pesky cords when they’re busy working their lawn.
- Battery: The unit is powered by Greenworks' X-Range 60V batteries (not included in the package) and can run on either one or two batteries, extending its runtime. When running on two batteries, Greenworks's Auto-Switch technology will automatically switch power source when a battery is depleted. The X-Range line of batteries is Bluetooth-capable and can be paired with a mobile device running the Greenworks tools app (available on Android and iOS) which allows monitoring the battery status in real-time. When operating on two 8.0 Ah batteries, the user can expect a runtime of up to 80 minutes.
- Handling: By design, this model isn’t the smallest leaf blower on the market. It’s meant to be carried as a backpack so that the bulk of the unit is out of the way and the user’s hands are free to manipulate the nozzle. Its throttle is located on the tube, which allows you to keep your left hand free. At 16.1 lbs for the blower alone, the Greenworks 60BP700 is within the average weight range of electric backpack blowers.
- Speed Settings: For those who wish to have complete control while operating their leaf blower, the 60BP700 offers variable speed settings, and moreover, is also equipped with cruise control, which allows the user to comfortably continue blowing at their preferred setting.
- Noise: Its noise rating of 71 dB can be considered the standard for similar electric backpack blowers.
The Greenworks 60BP700's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Greenworks 60BP700 compare with backpack leaf blowers of similar voltage (between 56 and 60V).
- The Greenworks 60BP700 expels air at speeds up to 160 MPH, making it standard in terms of air speed for battery-operated backpack blowers between 56 and 60V. If you wish to benefit from air expelled at the fastest possible speed, the Echo DPB-5800T and its 195 MPH could be an option to consider.
- Regarding its air volume, the airflow of the Greenworks 60BP700 can reach 710 CFM (Cubic Feet per Minute), which is on par with other cordless backpack blowers with a comparable voltage. If air volume is important to you, the EGO LBPX8004-2, with 800 CFM, could be in your good books.
- Thanks to its autonomy of up to 80 mins, the 60BP700 benefits from a higher run time than many cordless backpack units in the aforementioned voltage range. If autonomy is an important factor for you, the EGO LBPX8004-2 can run for up to 120 minutes and could be worth considering.
Greenworks is a subsidiary of Changzhou Globe Co., a company based in Changzhou, China. Greenworks specializes in battery-powered outdoor power tools. Their product line is fully electric, with a special focus on using Lithium-ion battery technology to develop “green” products that are competitive with gas-operated models. In 2016, Globe Tools Group received a substantial capital investment from Stihl, who subsequently became a minority shareholder.
The Greenworks 60BP700 is covered under a warranty for up to 4 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Greenworks blowers, please consult Greenworks's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-888-90-WORKS (888-909-6757).
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.