The Greenworks 60BP700 is a cordless backpack leaf blower delivering 710 CFM at 160 MPH. It is powered by a 60 V Li-ion battery system. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 710|
|MPH||Up to 160|
|Blowing Force||19 N|
|Noise rating||71 dB|
|Other model numbers||2420902T|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Greenworks 60BP700, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Greenworks 60BP700
- Power: The Greenworks 60BP700 can force 710 cubic feet of air per minute (CFM) from its nozzle at a maximum speed of 160 MPH.
- Power delivery: The 60BP700 is a brushless-motor, battery-operated blower. Therefore, it doesn’t require to be plugged in when it’s being used. The user will enjoy the added mobility of its cordless design.
- Battery: The unit is powered by Greenworks' X-Range 60V batteries (not included in the package) and can run on either 1 or 2 batteries, extending the runtime. When running on 2 batteries, Greenworks's Auto-Switch technology will automatically switch power source when a battery is depleted. The X-Range line of batteries is Bluetooth-capable and can be paired with a mobile device running the Greenworks tools app (available on Android and iOS) which allows monitoring the battery status in real-time. When operating on two 8.0 Ah batteries, the user can expect a runtime of up to 80 minutes.
- Handling: Like most backpack blowers, this model is technically heavier than a handheld. That being said, it can feel lighter and more comfortable because of the way it is carried, even when used over extended periods of time. Its throttle is located on the tube, which allows you to keep your left hand free. All told, it weighs 16.1 lbs — the Greenworks 60BP700 is neither the lightest nor the heaviest electric backpack blower on the market.
- Speed Settings: There are times when you only need a little more power, while other times you will want a bit more precision when clearing leaves and debris. For this purpose, the 60BP700 offers variable speed settings, adding you, the user, more control, and a cruise control mode, which will allow you to maintain it comfortably for as long as you wish.
- Noise: As far as electric backpack blowers go, this one is average in terms of noise with a rating of 71 dB.
The Greenworks 60BP700's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Greenworks 60BP700 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Air exiting the nozzle of this blower can reach 160 MPH, which is the fastest speed you can get with a battery-operated backpack blower.
- The 60BP700 is powerful, with an airflow rating of 710 CFM (cubic feet per minute). This is the highest CFM among cordless backpack blowers.
- The 60BP700 is within the average range for cordless backpack units, offering up to 80 minutes of running time when fully charged. If autonomy is an important factor for you, the Kobalt KBB 4240-06 can run for up to 200 minutes and could be worth considering.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other cordless backpack blowers, the Greenworks 60BP700 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this blower nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
Greenworks is a subsidiary of Changzhou Globe Co., a company based in Changzhou, China. Greenworks specializes in battery-powered outdoor power tools. Their product line is fully electric, with a special focus on using Lithium-ion battery technology to develop “green” products that are competitive with gas-operated models. In 2016, Globe Tools Group received a substantial capital investment from Stihl, who subsequently became a minority shareholder.
The Greenworks 60BP700 is covered under a warranty for up to 4 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Greenworks blowers, please consult Greenworks's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-888-90-WORKS (888-909-6757).
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.