The Greenworks 2418502 is a lightweight cordless backpack leaf blower delivering 550 CFM at 155 MPH. It features a 5 Ah 60 V Li-ion battery. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 550|
|MPH||Up to 155|
|Weight (w/ battery)||14.4 lbs|
|Weight (tool only)||9.4 lbs|
|Noise rating||86 dB|
|Other model numbers||2418502VT|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Greenworks 2418502, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Greenworks 2418502
- Power: The Greenworks 2418502 is a cordless blower with a maximum air volume rating of 550 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and an air speed of 155 MPH.
- Power delivery: Greenworks designed this unit and its brushless, battery-operated motor with top-of-the-food-chain maneuverability in mind. The 2418502 doesn’t need to be plugged in, so you can take it anywhere easily.
- Battery: Its 5 Ah 60 V Li-ion battery (1 2949102 battery included) means that a user can operate the 2418502 for an estimated 50 minutes on a full charge.
- Handling: As this unit is a backpack leaf blower, the majority of the unit is distributed so that the user can operate it with ease for most reasonable periods of use. Its throttle is located on the tube, which allows you to keep your left hand free. Among other electric backpack blowers, the Greenworks 2418502 can be considered light, weighing only 14.4 lbs, battery included.
- Speed Settings: There are times when you only need a little more power, while other times you will want a bit more precision when clearing leaves and debris. For this purpose, the 2418502 offers variable speed settings, adding you, the user, more control, and a cruise control mode, which will allow you to maintain it comfortably for as long as you wish.
- Noise: As far as electric backpack blowers go, this one is average in terms of noise with a rating of 86 dB.
The Greenworks 2418502's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Greenworks 2418502 compare with backpack leaf blowers of similar voltage (between 56 and 60V).
- Its max air speed of 155 MPH places it at the approximate midpoint in comparison to other battery-operated backpack blowers between 56 and 60V. If you wish to benefit from air expelled at the fastest possible speed, the Echo DPB-5800T and its 195 MPH could be an option to consider.
- As this unit is rated at 550 CFM (cubic feet per minute), it expells less air than most cordless backpack blowers with a comparable voltage. For the highest air volume, you may want to have a look at the EGO LBPX8004-2, which boasts with 800 CFM.
- Users can expect a maximum autonomy of 50 minutes from its battery, which means the 2418502 won't run as long as many other cordless backpack units before needing to be plugged in. To enjoy the best possible autonomy in this category, you could have a look at the EGO LBPX8004-2 which offers up to 120 minutes of runtime.
Greenworks is a subsidiary of Changzhou Globe Co., a company based in Changzhou, China. Greenworks specializes in battery-powered outdoor power tools. Their product line is fully electric, with a special focus on using Lithium-ion battery technology to develop “green” products that are competitive with gas-operated models. In 2016, Globe Tools Group received a substantial capital investment from Stihl, who subsequently became a minority shareholder.
The Greenworks 2418502 is covered under a warranty for up to 4 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Greenworks blowers, please consult Greenworks's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-888-90-WORKS (888-909-6757).
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.