The Greenworks 2418502 is a cordless backpack leaf blower delivering 550 CFM at 155 MPH. It features a 5 Ah 60 V Li-ion battery. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 550|
|MPH||Up to 155|
|Weight (w/ battery)||14.4 lbs|
|Weight (tool only)||9.4 lbs|
|Noise rating||86 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Overview of the Greenworks 2418502
- Power: The Greenworks 2418502 can force 550 cubic feet of air per minute (CFM) from its nozzle at a maximum speed of 155 MPH.
- Power delivery: Since the device is powered by a brushless, battery-operated motor, it doesn’t require to be plugged in and therefore, it allows superb freedom of movement.
- Battery: It has a 5 Ah 60 V Li-ion battery (1 2949102 battery included) that should work reliably for up to 50 minutes if completely charged.
- Handling: As this unit is a backpack leaf blower, the majority of the unit is distributed so that the user can operate it with ease for most reasonable periods of use. Its throttle is located on the tube, which allows you to keep your left hand free. When compared to other electric backpack blowers, the Greenworks 2418502 stands out due to its lower weight: just 14.4 lbs battery included.
- Speed Settings: There are times when you only need a little more power, while other times you will want a bit more precision when clearing leaves and debris. For this purpose, the 2418502 offers variable speed settings, adding you, the user, more control, and a cruise control mode, which will allow you to maintain it comfortably for as long as you wish.
- Noise: With a decibel rating of 86 dB, the 2418502 is neither louder nor quieter than its rivals in the electric backpack category.
The Greenworks 2418502's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Greenworks 2418502 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Air exiting the nozzle of this blower can reach 155 MPH, which is quite a bit faster than most battery-operated backpack blowers. If you wish to benefit from air expelled at the fastest possible speed, the Ryobi RY404170 and its 165 MPH could be an option to consider.
- It’s capable of expelling a maximum air volume of 550 CFM (cubic feet per minute). This places it at the low end compared to other cordless backpack blowers. For the highest air volume, you may want to have a look at the Worx WG572, which boasts with 800 CFM.
- Users can expect a maximum autonomy of 50 minutes from its battery, which means the 2418502 won't run as long as many other cordless backpack units before needing to be plugged in. To enjoy the best possible autonomy in this category, you could have a look at the Kobalt KBB 4240-06 which offers up to 200 minutes of runtime.
Greenworks is a subsidiary of Changzhou Globe Co., a company based in Changzhou, China. Greenworks specializes in battery-powered outdoor power tools. Their product line is fully electric, with a special focus on using Lithium-ion battery technology to develop “green” products that are competitive with gas-operated models. In 2016, Globe Tools Group received a substantial capital investment from Stihl, who subsequently became a minority shareholder.
The Greenworks 2418502 is covered under a warranty for up to 4 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Greenworks blowers, please consult Greenworks's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-888-90-WORKS (888-909-6757).
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.