The Greenworks 2418502 is a lightweight cordless backpack leaf blower delivering 550 CFM at 155 MPH. It features a 5 Ah 60 V Li-ion battery. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 550|
|MPH||Up to 155|
|Weight (w/ battery)||14.4 lbs|
|Weight (tool only)||9.4 lbs|
|Noise rating||86 dB|
|Other model numbers||2418502VT|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Greenworks 2418502, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Greenworks 2418502
- Power: The Greenworks 2418502 is a cordless blower with a maximum air volume rating of 550 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and an air speed of 155 MPH.
- Power delivery: The 2418502 is a brushless-motor, battery-operated blower. Therefore, it doesn’t require to be plugged in when it’s being used. The user will enjoy the added mobility of its cordless design.
- Battery: Its 5 Ah 60 V Li-ion battery (1 2949102 battery included) offers a maximum autonomy of 50 minutes on a full charge.
- Handling: By design, this model isn’t the smallest leaf blower on the market. It’s meant to be carried as a backpack so that the bulk of the unit is out of the way and the user’s hands are free to manipulate the nozzle. Its throttle is located on the tube, which allows you to keep your left hand free. Among other electric backpack blowers, the Greenworks 2418502 can be considered light, weighing only 14.4 lbs, battery included.
- Speed Settings: There are times when you only need a little more power, while other times you will want a bit more precision when clearing leaves and debris. For this purpose, the 2418502 offers variable speed settings, adding you, the user, more control, and a cruise control mode, which will allow you to maintain it comfortably for as long as you wish.
- Noise: With a decibel rating of 86 dB, the 2418502 is neither louder nor quieter than its rivals in the electric backpack category.
The Greenworks 2418502's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Greenworks 2418502 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Upon exiting the nozzle, the air can reach speeds of up to 155 MPH, which is pretty much what is to be expected for battery-operated backpack blowers. If you wish to benefit from air expelled at the fastest possible speed, the EGO LBPX8000 and its 190 MPH could be an option to consider.
- Its max air volume rating (550 cubic feet per minute) means it is really not the biggest air producer of cordless backpack blowers. For the highest air volume, you may want to have a look at the Worx WG572, which boasts with 800 CFM.
- Autonomy-wise, with up to 50 minutes of autonomy on a full charge, the 2418502 is on the low end when compared with other cordless backpack units. To enjoy the best possible autonomy in this category, you could have a look at the Makita CBU02Z which offers up to 240 minutes of runtime.
Greenworks is a subsidiary of Changzhou Globe Co., a company based in Changzhou, China. Greenworks specializes in battery-powered outdoor power tools. Their product line is fully electric, with a special focus on using Lithium-ion battery technology to develop “green” products that are competitive with gas-operated models. In 2016, Globe Tools Group received a substantial capital investment from Stihl, who subsequently became a minority shareholder.
The Greenworks 2418502 is covered under a warranty for up to 4 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Greenworks blowers, please consult Greenworks's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-888-90-WORKS (888-909-6757).
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.