Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 78|
|MPH||Up to 78|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Hitachi RB18DSLP4, the user manual is available here.
Overview of the Hitachi RB18DSLP4
- Power: The RB18DSLP4 is blower made by Hitachi. It has a maximum air speed of 78 MPH and its nozzle can expel a max air volume of 78 cubic feet per minute (CFM).
- Power delivery: The blower is battery-operated, so the operator won’t need to worry about getting tripped up by pesky cords when they’re busy getting work done.
- Battery: Its 3 Ah 18 V Li-ion battery (battery not included) means that a user can operate the RB18DSLP4 for an estimated 20 minutes on a full charge.
- Handling: With its handheld design, this leaf blower was created with portability in mind. Most users will have no problem using it almost anywhere. Among other cordless handheld blowers, the Hitachi RB18DSLP4 can be considered light, weighing only 3.5 lbs.
- Speed Settings: In order to afford more control to the user, this unit has a variable speed control. No matter the size of the job, the user can adjust the airflow of the Hitachi RB18DSLP4 to match.
The Hitachi RB18DSLP4's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Hitachi RB18DSLP4 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- The air speed of the Hitachi RB18DSLP4 maxes out at 78 MPH. While more than adequate for many jobs, its air speed is below average among other battery-operated handheld blowers (the one expelling air at the fastest speed being the Makita XBU01PT with 208 MPH).
- As this unit is rated at 78 CFM (cubic feet per minute), it expells less air than most cordless handheld leaf blowers (the biggest expelled air volume belonging to the Poulan Pro PRB675i with 675 CFM).
- Autonomy-wise, with up to 20 minutes of autonomy on a full charge, the RB18DSLP4 is on the low end when compared with other cordless handheld units (the one with the best autonomy being the EGO POWER+ 580 CFM LB5804 with up to 180 minutes of runtime).
As you can see from this dynamic chart, when compared to other cordless handheld blowers, the Hitachi RB18DSLP4 is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget blower.
The bottom line
- Lightweight (3.5 lbs)
- Low CFM (78 CFM)
- Low MPH (78 MPH)
- Low autonomy (20 mins)
Where to buy the hitachi RB18DSLP4?
Founded by Namihei Odaira in 1910, Hitachi operates business segments spanning the gamut from construction & outdoor products to information & telecommunication systems. Aside from its various other product lines and services, Hitachi has established itself as a trusted name in the lawn and landscape maintenance manufacturing industry. Hitachi recently aquired the German company Metabo and is progressively rebranding to Metabo HPT (Hitachi Power Tools).
The Hitachi RB18DSLP4 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Hitachi blowers, please consult Hitachi's warranty policies. Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-706-7337.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.