The Hitachi RB18DSLP4 is a cordless handheld leaf blower delivering 78 CFM at 78 MPH. It is powered by a 3 Ah 18 V Li-ion battery. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 78|
|MPH||Up to 78|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Hitachi RB18DSLP4, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Hitachi RB18DSLP4
- Power: The RB18DSLP4 is a cordless blower made by Hitachi. It has a maximum air speed of 78 MPH and its nozzle can expel a max air volume of 78 cubic feet per minute (CFM).
- Power delivery: Those who don’t want to fuss with cords will be glad to know that this blower is battery-operated.
- Battery: It has a 3 Ah 18 V Li-ion battery (battery not included) that can work reliably for up to 20 minutes if completely charged.
- Handling: Being handheld, this blower has a good maneuverability and is meant to be easier to carry around over a small period of time. Among other cordless handheld blowers, the Hitachi RB18DSLP4 can be considered light, weighing only 3.5 lbs.
- Speed Settings: Sometimes you just need a little more power, while other times you may want a little more precision when moving leaves and debris. That’s why the RB18DSLP4 features variable speed settings for added control.
The Hitachi RB18DSLP4's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Hitachi RB18DSLP4 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Maxing out at 78 MPH at full power, this blower is on the lower end in terms of air speed for battery-operated handheld blowers (the one expelling air at the fastest speed being the Makita XBU01PT with 208 MPH).
- Regarding its air volume, the airflow of the Hitachi RB18DSLP4 can reach 78 CFM (Cubic Feet per Minute), which is on the low end for cordless handheld blowers (the biggest expelled air volume belonging to the Poulan Pro PRB675i with 675 CFM).
- Autonomy-wise, with up to 20 minutes of autonomy on a full charge, the RB18DSLP4 is on the low end when compared with other cordless handheld units (the one with the best autonomy being the EGO POWER+ LBX6000 with up to 96 minutes of runtime).
Founded by Namihei Odaira in 1910, Hitachi operates business segments spanning the gamut from construction & outdoor products to information & telecommunication systems. Aside from its various other product lines and services, Hitachi has established itself as a trusted name in the lawn and landscape maintenance manufacturing industry. Hitachi recently aquired the German company Metabo and is progressively rebranding to Metabo HPT (Hitachi Power Tools).
The Hitachi RB18DSLP4 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Hitachi blowers, please consult Hitachi's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-706-7337.
Questions & Answers
Do they make a nozzle extension for this blower? (Asked March 10, 2020)
There are no official attachments for this unit.
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.