The Hitachi RB18DSLP4 is a cordless handheld leaf blower delivering 78 CFM at 78 MPH. It is powered by a 3 Ah 18 V Li-ion battery. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 78|
|MPH||Up to 78|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Hitachi RB18DSLP4, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Hitachi RB18DSLP4
- Power: The Hitachi RB18DSLP4 is a cordless blower with a maximum air volume rating of 78 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and an air speed of 78 MPH.
- Power delivery: Those who don’t want to fuss with cords will be glad to know that this blower is battery-operated.
- Battery: Its 3 Ah 18 V Li-ion battery (battery not included) enables the blower to run for up to 20 minutes without needing to a recharge.
- Handling: For those who are looking for a portable and convenient leaf blower, this model is a strong candidate. It’s designed for easy handling and use, and its size means it’s easily carried and stored. Among other cordless handheld blowers, the Hitachi RB18DSLP4 can be considered light, weighing only 3.5 lbs.
- Speed Settings: In order to afford more control to the user, this unit has a variable speed control. No matter the size of the job, the user can adjust the airflow of the Hitachi RB18DSLP4 to match.
The Hitachi RB18DSLP4's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Hitachi RB18DSLP4 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Maxing out at 78 MPH at full power, this blower is on the lower end in terms of air speed for battery-operated handheld blowers (the one expelling air at the fastest speed being the Makita XBU01PT with 208 MPH).
- As this unit is rated at 78 CFM (cubic feet per minute), it expells less air than most cordless handheld blowers (the biggest expelled air volume belonging to the Poulan Pro PRB675i with 675 CFM).
- Autonomy-wise, with up to 20 minutes of autonomy on a full charge, the RB18DSLP4 is on the low end when compared with other cordless handheld units (the one with the best autonomy being the EGO POWER+ LBX6000 with up to 96 minutes of runtime).
Founded by Namihei Odaira in 1910, Hitachi operates business segments spanning the gamut from construction & outdoor products to information & telecommunication systems. Aside from its various other product lines and services, Hitachi has established itself as a trusted name in the lawn and landscape maintenance manufacturing industry. Hitachi recently aquired the German company Metabo and is progressively rebranding to Metabo HPT (Hitachi Power Tools).
The Hitachi RB18DSLP4 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Hitachi blowers, please consult Hitachi's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-706-7337.
Questions & Answers
Do they make a nozzle extension for this blower? (Asked March 10, 2020)
There are no official attachments for this unit.
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.