Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 78|
|MPH||Up to 78|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Hitachi RB18DSLP4, the user manual is available here.
Overview of the Hitachi RB18DSLP4
- Power: The Hitachi RB18DSLP4 can force 78 cubic feet of air per minute (CFM) from its nozzle at a maximum speed of 78 MPH.
- Power delivery: Those who don’t want to fuss with cords will be glad to know that this blower is battery-operated.
- Battery: With its 3 Ah 18 V Li-ion battery, the Hitachi RB18DSLP4 has a standard, full-charge run time of up to 20 minutes.
- Handling: For those who are looking for a portable and convenient leaf blower, this model is a strong candidate. It’s designed for easy handling and use, and its size means it’s easily carried and stored. When compared to other cordless handheld blowers, the Hitachi RB18DSLP4 stands out due to its lower weight: just 3.5 lbs.
- Speed Settings: Sometimes you just need a little more power, while other times you may want a little more precision when moving leaves and debris. That’s why the RB18DSLP4 features variable speed settings for added control.
The Hitachi RB18DSLP4's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Hitachi RB18DSLP4 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Upon exiting the nozzle, the air can reach speeds of up to 78 MPH, which is on the lower end for battery-operated handheld blowers (the one expelling air at the fastest speed being the Makita XBU01PT with 208 MPH).
- It’s capable of expelling a maximum air volume of 78 CFM (cubic feet per minute). This places it at the low end compared to other cordless handheld leaf blowers (the biggest expelled air volume belonging to the Poulan Pro PRB675i with 675 CFM).
- Autonomy-wise, with up to 20 minutes of autonomy on a full charge, the RB18DSLP4 is on the low end when compared with other cordless handheld units (the one with the best autonomy being the EGO POWER+ 580 CFM LB5804 with up to 180 minutes of runtime).
The bottom line
- Lightweight (3.5 lbs)
- Battery not included
- Low CFM (78 CFM)
- Low MPH (78 MPH)
- Low autonomy (20 mins)
Founded by Namihei Odaira in 1910, Hitachi operates business segments spanning the gamut from construction & outdoor products to information & telecommunication systems. Aside from its various other product lines and services, Hitachi has established itself as a trusted name in the lawn and landscape maintenance manufacturing industry. Hitachi recently aquired the German company Metabo and is progressively rebranding to Metabo HPT (Hitachi Power Tools).
The Hitachi RB18DSLP4 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Hitachi blowers, please consult Hitachi's warranty policies. Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-706-7337.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.