The Hitachi RB18DSLP4 is a cordless handheld leaf blower delivering 78 CFM at 78 MPH. It is powered by a 3 Ah 18 V Li-ion battery. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 78|
|MPH||Up to 78|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Hitachi RB18DSLP4, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Hitachi RB18DSLP4
- Power: The Hitachi RB18DSLP4 is a cordless blower with a maximum air volume rating of 78 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and an air speed of 78 MPH.
- Power delivery: The blower is battery-operated, so the operator won’t need to worry about getting tripped up by pesky cords when they’re busy getting work done.
- Battery: It has a 3 Ah 18 V Li-ion battery (battery not included) that can work reliably for up to 20 minutes if completely charged.
- Handling: With its handheld design, this leaf blower was created with portability in mind. Most users will have no problem using it almost anywhere. When compared to other cordless handheld blowers, the Hitachi RB18DSLP4 stands out due to its lower weight: just 3.5 lbs.
- Speed Settings: Sometimes you just need a little more power, while other times you may want a little more precision when moving leaves and debris. That’s why the RB18DSLP4 features variable speed settings for added control.
The Hitachi RB18DSLP4's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Hitachi RB18DSLP4 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- The air speed of the Hitachi RB18DSLP4 maxes out at 78 MPH. While more than adequate for many jobs, its air speed is below average among other battery-operated handheld blowers. For the fastest air speed in this category, you may want to consider the Makita XBU01PT, which can expell air at a velocity that can reach 208 MPH.
- Regarding its air volume, the airflow of the Hitachi RB18DSLP4 can reach 78 CFM (Cubic Feet per Minute), which is on the low end for cordless handheld blowers. For the highest air volume, you may want to have a look at the Snapper XD PowerGrip, which boasts with 700 CFM.
- Autonomy-wise, with up to 20 minutes of autonomy on a full charge, the RB18DSLP4 is on the low end when compared with other cordless handheld units. To enjoy the best possible autonomy in this category, you could have a look at the EGO POWER+ LBX6000 which offers up to 96 minutes of runtime.
Founded by Namihei Odaira in 1910, Hitachi operates business segments spanning the gamut from construction & outdoor products to information & telecommunication systems. Aside from its various other product lines and services, Hitachi has established itself as a trusted name in the lawn and landscape maintenance manufacturing industry. Hitachi recently aquired the German company Metabo and is progressively rebranding to Metabo HPT (Hitachi Power Tools).
The Hitachi RB18DSLP4 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Hitachi blowers, please consult Hitachi's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-706-7337.
Questions & Answers
Do they make a nozzle extension for this blower? (Asked March 10, 2020)
There are no official attachments for this unit.
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.