The Hitachi RB24EAP is a gas-powered handheld leaf blower delivering 441 CFM at 170 MPH. It features a 2-cycle 23.9 cc engine. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 441|
|MPH||Up to 170|
|Engine displacement||23.9 cc|
|Fuel tank||17.6 fl. oz.|
|Noise rating||87 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Hitachi RB24EAP, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Hitachi RB24EAP
- Power: The Hitachi RB24EAP is a gas-powered leaf blower. It sports a max air speed of 170 MPH and a max air volume rating of 441 cubic feet per minute (CFM).
- Handling: Being handheld, this blower has a good maneuverability and is meant to be easier to carry around over a small period of time. When compared to other gas-powered handheld blowers, the Hitachi RB24EAP stands out due to its lower weight: just 8.6 lbs.
- Engine: This blower's PureFire® engine has a displacement specification of 23.9 cc. Being that this is a 2-stroke engine, it must be fuelled using a mix of gas and oil. The proper fuel ratio set by the manufacturer for the RB24EAP is 50:1.
- Speed Settings: Thanks to its variable speed settings, the Hitachi RB24EAP allows precise control of the air output.
- Noise: With a decibel rating of 87 dB, the RB24EAP is neither louder nor quieter than its rivals in the gas-powered handheld category.
- Fuel Tank: Its tank can hold 17.6 fl. oz., so it falls squarely in the average in terms of fuel capacity.
The Hitachi RB24EAP's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Hitachi RB24EAP compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Its max air speed of 170 MPH places it at the approximate midpoint in comparison to other gas-powered handheld blowers (the one expelling air at the fastest speed being the Poulan Pro PPBV25 with 230 MPH).
- Regarding its air volume, the airflow of the Hitachi RB24EAP can reach 441 CFM (Cubic Feet per Minute), which is on par with other gas-powered handheld blowers (the biggest expelled air volume belonging to the Troy-Bilt TB2MB JET with 650 CFM).
Here's a list of the most popular specific comparisons:
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas handheld blowers, the Hitachi RB24EAP is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this blower nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
Founded by Namihei Odaira in 1910, Hitachi operates business segments spanning the gamut from construction & outdoor products to information & telecommunication systems. Aside from its various other product lines and services, Hitachi has established itself as a trusted name in the lawn and landscape maintenance manufacturing industry. Hitachi recently aquired the German company Metabo and is progressively rebranding to Metabo HPT (Hitachi Power Tools).
The Hitachi RB24EAP is covered under a warranty for up to 7 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Hitachi blowers, please consult Hitachi's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-706-7337.
Questions & Answers
What is the fuel requirement. Is JASOFD OK? instead of the JASOFC. (Asked December 10, 2019)
Hitachi recommend to always use branded 89 octane unleaded gasoline.
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.