Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 441|
|MPH||Up to 170|
|Engine Displacement||23.9 cc|
|Fuel Tank||17.6 fl. oz.|
|Noise Rating||87 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Hitachi RB24EAP, the user manual is available here.
Overview of the Hitachi RB24EAP
- Power: The Hitachi RB24EAP is a gas-powered leaf blower. It sports a max air speed of 170 MPH and a max air volume rating of 441 cubic feet per minute (CFM).
- Handling: With its handheld design, this leaf blower was created with portability in mind. Most users will have no problem using it almost anywhere. When compared to other gas-powered handheld blowers, the Hitachi RB24EAP stands out due to its lower weight: just 8.6 lbs.
- Engine: Its PureFire® engine boasts a displacement of 23.9 cc. Please note that, because the Hitachi RB24EAP’s engine is a 2-cycle one, it runs on a mixture of oil and gasoline. According to Hitachi, the proper fuel mixture ratio for this blower is 50:1.
- Speed Settings: Sometimes you just need a little more power, while other times you may want a little more precision when moving leaves and debris. That’s why the RB24EAP features variable speed settings for added control.
- Noise: As far as gas-powered handheld blowers go, this one is average in terms of noise with a rating of 87 dB.
- Fuel Tank: With a capacity of 17.6 fl. oz., this Hitachi blower is average when compared to other gas-powered handheld leaf blowers.
The Hitachi RB24EAP's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Hitachi RB24EAP compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Forced air leaving this blower’s nozzle has been clocked at 170 MPH. That makes the RB24EAP average in terms of air speed for gas-powered handheld blowers (the one expelling air at the fastest speed being the Poulan Pro PPBV25 with 230 MPH).
- The RB24EAP is average in terms of air volume. It's rated at 441 CFM, which is common for gas-powered handheld leaf blowers (the biggest expelled air volume belonging to the Troy-Bilt TB2MB JET with 650 CFM).
Here's a list of the most popular specific comparisons:
As you can see from this dynamic chart, when compared to other gas handheld blowers, the Hitachi RB24EAP is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this blower nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- Lightweight (8.6 lbs)
- Decent Tank (17.6 fl. oz.)
- Acceptable Noise (87 dB)
- Decent CFM (441 CFM)
- Decent MPH (170 MPH)
Where to buy the hitachi RB24EAP?
Founded by Namihei Odaira in 1910, Hitachi operates business segments spanning the gamut from construction & outdoor products to information & telecommunication systems. Aside from its various other product lines and services, Hitachi has established itself as a trusted name in the lawn and landscape maintenance manufacturing industry. Hitachi recently aquired the German company Metabo and is progressively rebranding to Metabo HPT (Hitachi Power Tools).
The Hitachi RB24EAP is covered under a warranty for up to 7 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Hitachi blowers, please consult Hitachi's warranty policies. Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-706-7337.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.