The Hitachi RB24EAP is a gas-powered handheld leaf blower delivering 441 CFM at 170 MPH. It features a 2-cycle 23.9 cc engine. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 441|
|MPH||Up to 170|
|Engine displacement||23.9 cc|
|Fuel tank||17.6 fl. oz.|
|Noise rating||87 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Hitachi RB24EAP, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Hitachi RB24EAP
- Power: The RB24EAP, built by Hitachi, is a gas-powered leaf blower capable of expelling a maximum air volume of 441 cubic feet per minute (CFM). Its air speed is rated at 170 MPH.
- Handling: It’s handheld, so naturally it’s easier to handle and carry than larger leaf blowers, such as backpack models or walk-behinds. When compared to other gas-powered handheld blowers, the Hitachi RB24EAP stands out due to its lower weight: just 8.6 lbs.
- Engine: This blower is fitted with a 23.9 cc PureFire® engine. As you may or may not know, 2-stroke engines require a mixture of gasoline and oil in order to keep all the moving parts lubricated while fuelling the engine’s internal combustion. The fuel/oil ratio recommended by Hitachi for the RB24EAP is 50:1.
- Speed Settings: In order to afford more control to the user, this unit has a variable speed control. No matter the size of the job, the user can adjust the airflow of the Hitachi RB24EAP to match.
- Noise: Its noise rating of 87 dB can be considered the standard for similar gas-powered handheld blowers.
- Fuel Tank: With a capacity of 17.6 fl. oz., this Hitachi blower is average when compared to other gas handheld blowers.
The Hitachi RB24EAP's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Hitachi RB24EAP compare with similar leaf blowers.
- The Hitachi RB24EAP expels air at speeds up to 170 MPH, making it standard in terms of air speed for gas-powered handheld blowers (the one expelling air at the fastest speed being the Poulan Pro PPBV25 with 230 MPH).
- The RB24EAP is average in terms of air volume. It's rated at 441 CFM, which is common for gas-powered handheld blowers (the biggest expelled air volume belonging to the Troy-Bilt TB2MB JET with 650 CFM).
Here's a list of the most popular specific comparisons:
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas handheld blowers, the Hitachi RB24EAP is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this blower nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
Founded by Namihei Odaira in 1910, Hitachi operates business segments spanning the gamut from construction & outdoor products to information & telecommunication systems. Aside from its various other product lines and services, Hitachi has established itself as a trusted name in the lawn and landscape maintenance manufacturing industry. Hitachi recently aquired the German company Metabo and is progressively rebranding to Metabo HPT (Hitachi Power Tools).
The Hitachi RB24EAP is covered under a warranty for up to 7 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Hitachi blowers, please consult Hitachi's warranty policies. Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-706-7337.
Questions & Answers
QWhat is the fuel requirement. Is JASOFD OK? instead of the JASOFC. (Asked December 10, 2019)
AHitachi recommend to always use branded 89 octane unleaded gasoline.
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.