The Hitachi RB24EAP is a gas-powered handheld leaf blower delivering 441 CFM at 170 MPH. It features a 2-cycle 23.9cc engine. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 441|
|MPH||Up to 170|
|Fuel tank||17.6 fl. oz.|
|Noise rating||87 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Hitachi RB24EAP, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Hitachi RB24EAP
- Power: The Hitachi RB24EAP is a gas-powered blower with a maximum air volume rating of 441 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and an air speed of 170 MPH.
- Handling: Being handheld, this blower has a good maneuverability and is meant to be easier to carry around over a small period of time. Among other gas-powered handheld blowers, the Hitachi RB24EAP can be considered light, weighing only 8.6 lbs.
- Engine: This blower's PureFire® engine has a displacement specification of 23.9cc. Since this is a 2-stroke engine, it’s important to remember that the RB24EAP cannot run on gasoline alone. The fuel must be mixed with an appropriate ratio of gasoline and oil in order for it to function properly (for this Hitachi model, this ratio is 50:1).
- Speed Settings: Sometimes you just need a little more power, while other times you may want a little more precision when moving leaves and debris. That’s why the RB24EAP features variable speed settings for added control.
- Noise: With a decibel rating of 87 dB, the RB24EAP is neither louder nor quieter than its rivals in the gas-powered handheld category.
- Fuel Tank: With a capacity of 17.6 fl. oz., this Hitachi blower is average compared to other gas handheld blowers.
The Hitachi RB24EAP's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Hitachi RB24EAP compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Its max air speed of 170 MPH places it at the approximate midpoint in comparison to other gas-powered handheld blowers. If you wish to benefit from air expelled at the fastest possible speed, the Craftsman BV2500 and its 250 MPH could be an option to consider.
- It has a maximum air volume output of 441 CFM (cubic feet per minute). With this output rating, the RB24EAP is well within average in relation to similar gas-powered handheld blowers. If air volume is important to you, the Craftsman B225, with 650 CFM, could be in your good books.
Here's a list of the most popular specific comparisons:
Founded by Namihei Odaira in 1910, Hitachi operates business segments spanning the gamut from construction & outdoor products to information & telecommunication systems. Aside from its various other product lines and services, Hitachi has established itself as a trusted name in the lawn and landscape maintenance manufacturing industry. Hitachi recently aquired the German company Metabo and is progressively rebranding to Metabo HPT (Hitachi Power Tools).
The Hitachi RB24EAP is covered under a warranty for up to 7 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Hitachi blowers, please consult Hitachi's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-706-7337.
Questions & Answers
What is the fuel requirement. Is JASOFD OK? instead of the JASOFC. (Asked December 10, 2019)
Hitachi recommend to always use branded 89 octane unleaded gasoline.
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.