The Hitachi RB24EAP is a gas-powered handheld leaf blower delivering 441 CFM at 170 MPH. It features a 2-cycle 23.9 cc engine. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 441|
|MPH||Up to 170|
|Engine displacement||23.9 cc|
|Fuel tank||17.6 fl. oz.|
|Noise rating||87 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Hitachi RB24EAP, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Hitachi RB24EAP
- Power: The RB24EAP, built by Hitachi, is a gas-powered leaf blower capable of expelling a maximum air volume of 441 cubic feet per minute (CFM). Its air speed is rated at 170 MPH.
- Handling: It’s handheld, so naturally it’s easier to handle and carry than larger leaf blowers, such as backpack models or walk-behinds. When compared to other gas-powered handheld blowers, the Hitachi RB24EAP stands out due to its lower weight: just 8.6 lbs.
- Engine: Its PureFire® engine boasts a displacement of 23.9 cc. Please be aware that 2-cycle engines like this one require a mixture of gas and oil in order to run. For the Hitachi RB24EAP, this ratio is 50:1.
- Speed Settings: Thanks to its variable speed settings, the Hitachi RB24EAP allows precise control of the air output.
- Noise: With a decibel rating of 87 dB, the RB24EAP is neither louder nor quieter than its rivals in the gas-powered handheld category.
- Fuel Tank: With a capacity of 17.6 fl. oz., this Hitachi blower is average compared to other gas handheld blowers.
The Hitachi RB24EAP's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Hitachi RB24EAP compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Forced air leaving this blower’s nozzle has been clocked at 170 MPH. That makes the RB24EAP average in terms of air speed for gas-powered handheld blowers. If you wish to benefit from air expelled at the fastest possible speed, the Craftsman BV2500 and its 250 MPH could be an option to consider.
- Regarding its air volume, the airflow of the Hitachi RB24EAP can reach 441 CFM (Cubic Feet per Minute), which is on par with other gas-powered handheld blowers. If air volume is important to you, the Craftsman B225, with 650 CFM, could be in your good books.
Here's a list of the most popular specific comparisons:
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas handheld blowers, the Hitachi RB24EAP is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this blower nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
Founded by Namihei Odaira in 1910, Hitachi operates business segments spanning the gamut from construction & outdoor products to information & telecommunication systems. Aside from its various other product lines and services, Hitachi has established itself as a trusted name in the lawn and landscape maintenance manufacturing industry. Hitachi recently aquired the German company Metabo and is progressively rebranding to Metabo HPT (Hitachi Power Tools).
The Hitachi RB24EAP is covered under a warranty for up to 7 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Hitachi blowers, please consult Hitachi's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-706-7337.
Questions & Answers
What is the fuel requirement. Is JASOFD OK? instead of the JASOFC. (Asked December 10, 2019)
Hitachi recommend to always use branded 89 octane unleaded gasoline.
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.