Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 393|
|MPH||Up to 180|
|Engine Displacement||25 cc|
|Fuel Tank||20.3 fl. oz.|
|Noise Rating||81 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Hitachi Tanaka THB-260PF, the user manual is available here.
Overview of the Hitachi Tanaka THB-260PF
- Power: The Tanaka THB-260PF gas-powered blower, manufactured by Hitachi, is rated for a max air volume of 393 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and a max air speed of 180 MPH.
- Handling: For those who are looking for a portable and convenient leaf blower, this model is a strong candidate. It’s designed for easy handling and use, and its size means it’s easily carried and stored. At 10.9 lbs, the Hitachi Tanaka THB-260PF is within the average weight range of gas-powered handheld blowers.
- Engine: The engine boasts a displacement of 25 cc. Please note that, because the Hitachi Tanaka THB-260PF’s engine is a 2-cycle one, it runs on a mixture of oil and gasoline. According to Hitachi, the proper fuel mixture ratio for this blower is 50:1.
- Speed Settings: Sometimes you just need a little more power, while other times you may want a little more precision when moving leaves and debris. That’s why the Tanaka THB-260PF features variable speed settings for added control.
- Vacuum: The Tanaka THB-260PF is also what is known as a 'blower vac'. Those who don’t wish to blow leaves and debris away can switch to its vacuum setting and suck them into the blower’s collection bag.
- Mulching: With a mulching ratio of 14:1, this mulcher can shrink 14 bags of leaves down to one bag of mulch, helping you get rid of unwanted leaves and debris.
- Noise: As far as gas-powered handheld blowers go, this one is average in terms of noise with a rating of 81 dB.
- Fuel Tank: With a capacity of 20.3 fl. oz., this Hitachi blower is average when compared to other gas-powered handheld leaf blowers.
The Hitachi Tanaka THB-260PF's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Hitachi Tanaka THB-260PF compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Forced air leaving this blower’s nozzle has been clocked at 180 MPH. That makes the Tanaka THB-260PF average in terms of air speed for gas-powered handheld blowers (the one expelling air at the fastest speed being the Poulan Pro PPBV25 with 230 MPH).
- Its max air volume rating (393 cubic feet per minute) means it is really not the biggest air producer of gas-powered handheld leaf blowers (the biggest expelled air volume belonging to the Troy-Bilt TB2MB JET with 650 CFM).
As you can see from this dynamic chart, when compared to other blower vacs, the Hitachi Tanaka THB-260PF is on the expensive side of the price range.
While certainly not the cheapest of its kind, purchasing it would most likely also mean enjoying the reliability of a high-end product.
The bottom line
- Decent Tank (20.3 fl. oz.)
- Acceptable Noise (81 dB)
- Decent Weight (10.9 lbs)
- Decent MPH (180 MPH)
- On the expensive side
- Low CFM (393 CFM)
Where to buy the hitachi Tanaka THB-260PF?
Founded by Namihei Odaira in 1910, Hitachi operates business segments spanning the gamut from construction & outdoor products to information & telecommunication systems. Aside from its various other product lines and services, Hitachi has established itself as a trusted name in the lawn and landscape maintenance manufacturing industry. Hitachi recently aquired the German company Metabo and is progressively rebranding to Metabo HPT (Hitachi Power Tools).
Warranty InformationThe Hitachi Tanaka THB-260PF is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Hitachi blowers, please consult Hitachi's warranty policies. Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-706-7337.