Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 393|
|MPH||Up to 180|
|Engine Displacement||25 cc|
|Fuel Tank||20.3 fl. oz.|
|Noise Rating||81 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Hitachi Tanaka THB-260PF, the user manual is available here.
Overview of the Hitachi Tanaka THB-260PF
- Power: The Hitachi Tanaka THB-260PF is a gas-powered leaf blower. It sports a max air speed of 180 MPH and a max air volume rating of 393 cubic feet per minute (CFM).
- Handling: Being handheld, this blower has a good maneuverability and is meant to be easier to carry around over a small period of time. At 10.9 lbs, the Hitachi Tanaka THB-260PF is within the average weight range of gas-powered handheld blowers.
- Engine: This blower's engine has a displacement specification of 25 cc. Being that this is a 2-stroke engine, it must be fuelled using a mix of gas and oil. The proper fuel ratio set by the manufacturer for the Tanaka THB-260PF is 50:1.
- Speed Settings: Sometimes you just need a little more power, while other times you may want a little more precision when moving leaves and debris. That’s why the Tanaka THB-260PF features variable speed settings for added control.
- Vacuum: It features a vacuum allowing it to suck up leaf and debris once the sweeping job is complete.
- Mulching: The manufacturer’s specifications give it a mulching ratio of 14:1. For every 14 bags you put in, it will reduce down to just one bag of mulch.
- Noise: With a decibel rating of 81 dB, the Tanaka THB-260PF is neither louder nor quieter than its rivals in the gas-powered handheld category.
- Fuel Tank: It has an average fuel capacity, with a tank able to hold around 20.3 fl. oz of fuel.
The Hitachi Tanaka THB-260PF's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Hitachi Tanaka THB-260PF compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Its max air speed of 180 MPH places it at the approximate midpoint in comparison to other gas-powered handheld blowers (the one expelling air at the fastest speed being the Poulan Pro PPBV25 with 230 MPH).
- It’s capable of expelling a maximum air volume of 393 CFM (cubic feet per minute). This places it at the low end compared to other gas-powered handheld leaf blowers (the biggest expelled air volume belonging to the Troy-Bilt TB2MB JET with 650 CFM).
As you can see from this dynamic chart, when compared to other blower vacs, the Hitachi Tanaka THB-260PF is on the expensive side of the price range.
While certainly not the cheapest of its kind, purchasing it could most likely also mean enjoying the reliability of a high-end product.
The bottom line
- Decent Tank (20.3 fl. oz.)
- Acceptable Noise (81 dB)
- Decent Weight (10.9 lbs)
- Decent MPH (180 MPH)
- On the expensive side
- Low CFM (393 CFM)
Founded by Namihei Odaira in 1910, Hitachi operates business segments spanning the gamut from construction & outdoor products to information & telecommunication systems. Aside from its various other product lines and services, Hitachi has established itself as a trusted name in the lawn and landscape maintenance manufacturing industry. Hitachi recently aquired the German company Metabo and is progressively rebranding to Metabo HPT (Hitachi Power Tools).
The Hitachi Tanaka THB-260PF is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Hitachi blowers, please consult Hitachi's warranty policies. Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-706-7337.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.