The Hitachi Tanaka THB-260PF is a 3-in-1 blower/vacuum/mulcher delivering 393 CFM at 180 MPH. It features a 2-cycle 25 cc engine. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 393|
|MPH||Up to 180|
|Engine displacement||25 cc|
|Fuel tank||20.3 fl. oz.|
|Noise rating||81 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Hitachi Tanaka THB-260PF, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Hitachi Tanaka THB-260PF
- Power: The Hitachi Tanaka THB-260PF is a gas-powered leaf blower. It sports a max air speed of 180 MPH and a max air volume rating of 393 cubic feet per minute (CFM).
- Handling: With its handheld design, this leaf blower was created with portability in mind. Most users will have no problem using it almost anywhere. All told, it weighs 10.9 lbs — the Hitachi Tanaka THB-260PF is neither the lightest nor the heaviest gas-powered handheld blower on the market.
- Engine: The blower is fitted with a 25 cc engine. Since this is a 2-stroke engine, it’s important to remember that the Tanaka THB-260PF cannot run on gasoline alone. The fuel must be mixed with an appropriate ratio of gasoline and oil in order for it to function properly (for this Hitachi model, this ratio is 50:1).
- Speed Settings: For those who are keen on having complete control while operating their leaf blower, the Tanaka THB-260PF offers variable speed settings.
- Vacuum: This unit isn’t just a blower—it has the added feature of being able to collect leaves and soft debris into a handy storage bag.
- Mulching: This mulcher’s 14:1 mulching ratio means it can reduce 14 bags of leaves and debris down to one bag of mulch.
- Noise: As far as gas-powered handheld blowers go, this one is average in terms of noise with a rating of 81 dB.
- Fuel Tank: Its tank can hold 20.3 fl. oz., so it falls squarely in the average in terms of fuel capacity.
The Hitachi Tanaka THB-260PF's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Hitachi Tanaka THB-260PF compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Its max air speed of 180 MPH places it at the approximate midpoint in comparison to other gas-powered handheld blowers (the one expelling air at the fastest speed being the Poulan Pro PPBV25 with 230 MPH).
- As this unit is rated at 393 CFM (cubic feet per minute), it expells less air than most gas-powered handheld blowers (the biggest expelled air volume belonging to the Troy-Bilt TB2MB JET with 650 CFM).
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other blower vacs, the Hitachi Tanaka THB-260PF is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this blower nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
Founded by Namihei Odaira in 1910, Hitachi operates business segments spanning the gamut from construction & outdoor products to information & telecommunication systems. Aside from its various other product lines and services, Hitachi has established itself as a trusted name in the lawn and landscape maintenance manufacturing industry. Hitachi recently aquired the German company Metabo and is progressively rebranding to Metabo HPT (Hitachi Power Tools).
The Hitachi Tanaka THB-260PF is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Hitachi blowers, please consult Hitachi's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-706-7337.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.