The Hitachi Tanaka THB-260PF is a 3-in-1 blower/vacuum/mulcher delivering 393 CFM at 180 MPH. It features a 2-cycle 25cc engine. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 393|
|MPH||Up to 180|
|Fuel tank||20.3 fl. oz.|
|Noise rating||81 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Hitachi Tanaka THB-260PF, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Hitachi Tanaka THB-260PF
- Power: The Hitachi Tanaka THB-260PF is a gas-powered leaf blower. It sports a max air speed of 180 MPH and a max air volume rating of 393 cubic feet per minute (CFM).
- Handling: It’s handheld, so naturally it’s easier to handle and carry than larger leaf blowers, such as backpack models or walk-behinds. All told, it weighs 10.9 lbs — the Hitachi Tanaka THB-260PF is neither the lightest nor the heaviest gas-powered handheld blower on the market.
- Engine: This blower's engine has a displacement specification of 25cc. Please note that, because the Hitachi Tanaka THB-260PF's engine is a 2-cycle one, it runs on a mixture of oil and gasoline. According to Hitachi, the proper fuel mixture ratio for this blower is 50:1.
- Speed Settings: For those who wish to have complete control while operating their leaf blower, the Tanaka THB-260PF offers variable speed settings, and moreover, is also equipped with cruise control, which allows the user to comfortably continue blowing at their preferred setting.
- Vacuum: It features a vacuum allowing it to suck up leaf and debris once the sweeping job is complete (THV-260 (opens in a new tab) bag not included).
- Mulching: Its mulching ratio is 14:1, meaning that it will turn 14 bags of soft debris into one bag of mulch.
- Noise: As far as gas-powered handheld blowers go, this one is average in terms of noise with a rating of 81 dB.
- Fuel Tank: With a capacity of 20.3 fl. oz., this Hitachi blower is average compared to other gas handheld blowers.
The Hitachi Tanaka THB-260PF's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Hitachi Tanaka THB-260PF compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Its max air speed of 180 MPH places it at the approximate midpoint in comparison to other gas-powered handheld blowers. If you wish to benefit from air expelled at the fastest possible speed, the Craftsman BV2500 and its 250 MPH could be an option to consider.
- As this unit is rated at 393 CFM (cubic feet per minute), it expells less air than most gas-powered handheld blowers. For the highest air volume, you may want to have a look at the Craftsman B225, which boasts with 650 CFM.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other blower vacs, the Hitachi Tanaka THB-260PF is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this blower nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
Founded by Namihei Odaira in 1910, Hitachi operates business segments spanning the gamut from construction & outdoor products to information & telecommunication systems. Aside from its various other product lines and services, Hitachi has established itself as a trusted name in the lawn and landscape maintenance manufacturing industry. Hitachi recently aquired the German company Metabo and is progressively rebranding to Metabo HPT (Hitachi Power Tools).
The Hitachi Tanaka THB-260PF is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Hitachi blowers, please consult Hitachi's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-706-7337.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.