The Hitachi Tanaka THB-260PF is a 3-in-1 blower/vacuum/mulcher delivering 393 CFM at 180 MPH. It features a 2-cycle 25 cc engine. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 393|
|MPH||Up to 180|
|Engine displacement||25 cc|
|Fuel tank||20.3 fl. oz.|
|Noise rating||81 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Hitachi Tanaka THB-260PF, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Hitachi Tanaka THB-260PF
- Power: The Tanaka THB-260PF gas-powered blower, manufactured by Hitachi, is rated for a max air volume of 393 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and a max air speed of 180 MPH.
- Handling: It’s handheld, so naturally it’s easier to handle and carry than larger leaf blowers, such as backpack models or walk-behinds. All told, it weighs 10.9 lbs — the Hitachi Tanaka THB-260PF is neither the lightest nor the heaviest gas-powered handheld blower on the market.
- Engine: The engine boasts a displacement of 25 cc. Since this is a 2-stroke engine, it’s important to remember that the Tanaka THB-260PF cannot run on gasoline alone. The fuel must be mixed with an appropriate ratio of gasoline and oil in order for it to function properly (for this Hitachi model, this ratio is 50:1).
- Speed Settings: With its variable speed settings, the Hitachi Tanaka THB-260PF allows you to precisely control its air output. In addition, the blower is also equipped with cruise control, with which the user can easily maintain the selected settings.
- Vacuum: This unit isn’t just a blower—it has the added feature of being able to collect leaves and soft debris into a handy storage bag (THV-260 (opens in a new tab) bag not included).
- Mulching: This mulcher’s 14:1 mulching ratio means it can reduce 14 bags of leaves and debris down to one bag of mulch.
- Noise: As far as gas-powered handheld blowers go, this one is average in terms of noise with a rating of 81 dB.
- Fuel Tank: Its tank can hold 20.3 fl. oz., so it falls squarely in the average in terms of fuel capacity for handheld blowers.
The Hitachi Tanaka THB-260PF's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Hitachi Tanaka THB-260PF compare with similar leaf blowers.
- The Hitachi Tanaka THB-260PF expels air at speeds up to 180 MPH, making it standard in terms of air speed for gas-powered handheld blowers. If you wish to benefit from air expelled at the fastest possible speed, the Craftsman BV2500 and its 250 MPH could be an option to consider.
- Its max air volume rating (393 cubic feet per minute) means it is really not the biggest air producer of gas-powered handheld blowers. For the highest air volume, you may want to have a look at the Craftsman B225, which boasts with 650 CFM.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other blower vacs, the Hitachi Tanaka THB-260PF is on the expensive side of the price range.
While certainly not the cheapest of its kind, purchasing it could most likely also mean enjoying the reliability of a high-end product.
Founded by Namihei Odaira in 1910, Hitachi operates business segments spanning the gamut from construction & outdoor products to information & telecommunication systems. Aside from its various other product lines and services, Hitachi has established itself as a trusted name in the lawn and landscape maintenance manufacturing industry. Hitachi recently aquired the German company Metabo and is progressively rebranding to Metabo HPT (Hitachi Power Tools).
The Hitachi Tanaka THB-260PF is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Hitachi blowers, please consult Hitachi's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-706-7337.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.