The Hitachi Tanaka THB-260PF is a 3-in-1 blower/vacuum/mulcher delivering 393 CFM at 180 MPH. It features a 2-cycle 25 cc engine. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 393|
|MPH||Up to 180|
|Engine displacement||25 cc|
|Fuel tank||20.3 fl. oz.|
|Noise rating||81 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Hitachi Tanaka THB-260PF, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Hitachi Tanaka THB-260PF
- Power: The Tanaka THB-260PF gas-powered blower, manufactured by Hitachi, is rated for a max air volume of 393 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and a max air speed of 180 MPH.
- Handling: For those who are looking for a portable and convenient leaf blower, this model is a strong candidate. It’s designed for easy handling and use, and its size means it’s easily carried and stored. At 10.9 lbs, the Hitachi Tanaka THB-260PF is within the average weight range of gas-powered handheld blowers.
- Engine: The blower is fitted with a 25 cc engine. Please be aware that 2-cycle engines like this one require a mixture of gas and oil in order to run. For the Hitachi Tanaka THB-260PF, this ratio is 50:1.
- Speed Settings: Thanks to its variable speed settings, the Hitachi Tanaka THB-260PF allows precise control of the air output.
- Vacuum: It features a vacuum allowing it to suck up leaf and debris once the sweeping job is complete.
- Mulching: This mulcher’s 14:1 mulching ratio means it can reduce 14 bags of leaves and debris down to one bag of mulch.
- Noise: As far as gas-powered handheld blowers go, this one is average in terms of noise with a rating of 81 dB.
- Fuel Tank: Its tank can hold 20.3 fl. oz., so it falls squarely in the average in terms of fuel capacity.
The Hitachi Tanaka THB-260PF's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Hitachi Tanaka THB-260PF compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Upon exiting the nozzle, the air can reach speeds of up to 180 MPH, which is pretty much what is to be expected for gas-powered handheld blowers (the one expelling air at the fastest speed being the Poulan Pro PPBV25 with 230 MPH).
- It’s capable of expelling a maximum air volume of 393 CFM (cubic feet per minute). This places it at the low end compared to other gas-powered handheld blowers (the biggest expelled air volume belonging to the Troy-Bilt TB2MB JET with 650 CFM).
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other blower vacs, the Hitachi Tanaka THB-260PF is on the expensive side of the price range.
While certainly not the cheapest of its kind, purchasing it could most likely also mean enjoying the reliability of a high-end product.
Founded by Namihei Odaira in 1910, Hitachi operates business segments spanning the gamut from construction & outdoor products to information & telecommunication systems. Aside from its various other product lines and services, Hitachi has established itself as a trusted name in the lawn and landscape maintenance manufacturing industry. Hitachi recently aquired the German company Metabo and is progressively rebranding to Metabo HPT (Hitachi Power Tools).
The Hitachi Tanaka THB-260PF is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Hitachi blowers, please consult Hitachi's warranty policies. Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-706-7337.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.