Features and Specifications
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Overview of the Hitachi Tanaka THB-260PF
- Power: The Tanaka THB-260PF gas-powered leaf blower, manufactured by Hitachi, is rated for a max air volume of 393 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and a max air speed of 180 MPH.
- Handling: It’s handheld, so naturally it’s easier to handle and carry than larger leaf blowers, such as backpack models or walk-behinds. All told, it weighs 10.9 lbs — the Hitachi Tanaka THB-260PF is neither the lightest nor the heaviest gas-powered handheld leaf blower on the market.
- Engine: This blower's engine has a displacement specification of 25 cc. Please note that, because the Hitachi Tanaka THB-260PF’s engine is a 2-cycle one, it runs on a mixture of oil and gasoline. Your user manual includes details on the proper ratio.
- Speed Settings: In order to afford more control to the user, this unit has a variable speed control. No matter the size of the job, the user can adjust the airflow of the Hitachi Tanaka THB-260PF to match.
- Vacuum: This unit isn’t just a blower—it has the added feature of being able to collect leaves and soft debris into its handy storage bag.
- Mulching: With a mulching ratio of 14:1, this mulcher can reliably pulp 14 bags of waste (such as leaves and other debris) into 1 bag of mulch.
- Noise: With a noise rating of 81 dB, this blower can be considered the standard for similar gas-powered handheld blowers.
- Fuel Tank: It has an average fuel capacity, with a tank able to hold around 20.3 fl. oz of fuel.
The Hitachi Tanaka THB-260PF's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Hitachi Tanaka THB-260PF compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Its max air speed of 180 MPH places it at the approximate midpoint in comparison to other gas-powered handheld leaf blowers (the one expelling air at the fastest speed being the Poulan Pro PPBV25 with 230 MPH).
- It’s capable of expelling a maximum air volume of 393 CFM (cubic feet per minute). This places it at the low end compared to other gas-powered handheld leaf blowers (the biggest expelled air volume belonging to the Troy-Bilt TB2MB JET with 650 CFM).
The bottom line
- Decent Tank (20.3 fl. oz.)
- Acceptable Noise (81 dB)
- Decent Weight (10.9 lbs)
- Decent MPH (180 MPH)
- Low CFM (393 CFM)
Where to buy the Hitachi Tanaka THB-260PF?
Founded by Namihei Odaira in 1910, Hitachi operates business segments spanning the gamut from construction & outdoor products to information & telecommunication systems. Aside from its various other product lines and services, Hitatchi has established itself as a trusted name in the lawn and landscape maintenance manufacturing industry.
Warranty InformationThe Hitachi Tanaka THB-260PF is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Hitachi blowers, please consult Hitachi's warranty policies. Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-706-7337