The Hitachi Tanaka TRB24EAP is a gas-powered handheld leaf blower delivering 441 CFM at 170 MPH. It features a 2-cycle 24 cc engine. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 441|
|MPH||Up to 170|
|Engine displacement||24 cc|
|Fuel tank||17.6 fl. oz.|
|Noise rating||87 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Hitachi Tanaka TRB24EAP, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Hitachi Tanaka TRB24EAP
- Power: The Tanaka TRB24EAP, built by Hitachi, is a gas-powered leaf blower capable of expelling a maximum air volume of 441 cubic feet per minute (CFM). Its air speed is rated at 170 MPH.
- Handling: With its handheld design, this leaf blower was created with portability in mind. Most users will have no problem using it almost anywhere. When compared to other gas-powered handheld blowers, the Hitachi Tanaka TRB24EAP stands out due to its lower weight: just 8.6 lbs.
- Engine: This blower's PureFire® engine has a displacement specification of 24 cc. Please be aware that 2-cycle engines like this one require a mixture of gas and oil in order to run. For the Hitachi Tanaka TRB24EAP, this ratio is 50:1.
- Speed Settings: Sometimes you just need a little more power, while other times you may want a little more precision when moving leaves and debris. That’s why the Tanaka TRB24EAP features variable speed settings for added control.
- Noise: Its noise rating of 87 dB can be considered the standard for similar gas-powered handheld blowers.
- Fuel Tank: With a capacity of 17.6 fl. oz., this Hitachi blower is average when compared to other gas handheld blowers.
The Hitachi Tanaka TRB24EAP's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Hitachi Tanaka TRB24EAP compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Forced air leaving this blower’s nozzle has been clocked at 170 MPH. That makes the Tanaka TRB24EAP average in terms of air speed for gas-powered handheld blowers (the one expelling air at the fastest speed being the Poulan Pro PPBV25 with 230 MPH).
- The Tanaka TRB24EAP is average in terms of air volume. It's rated at 441 CFM, which is common for gas-powered handheld blowers (the biggest expelled air volume belonging to the Troy-Bilt TB2MB JET with 650 CFM).
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas handheld blowers, the Hitachi Tanaka TRB24EAP is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this blower nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
Founded by Namihei Odaira in 1910, Hitachi operates business segments spanning the gamut from construction & outdoor products to information & telecommunication systems. Aside from its various other product lines and services, Hitachi has established itself as a trusted name in the lawn and landscape maintenance manufacturing industry. Hitachi recently aquired the German company Metabo and is progressively rebranding to Metabo HPT (Hitachi Power Tools).
The Hitachi Tanaka TRB24EAP is covered under a warranty for up to 7 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Hitachi blowers, please consult Hitachi's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-706-7337.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.