The Hitachi Tanaka TRB24EAP is a gas-powered handheld leaf blower delivering 441 CFM at 170 MPH. It features a 2-cycle 24 cc engine. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 441|
|MPH||Up to 170|
|Engine displacement||24 cc|
|Fuel tank||17.6 fl. oz.|
|Noise rating||87 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Hitachi Tanaka TRB24EAP, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Hitachi Tanaka TRB24EAP
- Power: The Hitachi Tanaka TRB24EAP is a gas-powered leaf blower. It sports a max air speed of 170 MPH and a max air volume rating of 441 cubic feet per minute (CFM).
- Handling: For those who are looking for a portable and convenient leaf blower, this model is a strong candidate. It’s designed for easy handling and use, and its size means it’s easily carried and stored. Among other gas-powered handheld blowers, the Hitachi Tanaka TRB24EAP can be considered light, weighing only 8.6 lbs.
- Engine: This blower is fitted with a 24 cc PureFire® engine. Since this is a 2-stroke engine, it’s important to remember that the Tanaka TRB24EAP cannot run on gasoline alone. The fuel must be mixed with an appropriate ratio of gasoline and oil in order for it to function properly (for this Hitachi model, this ratio is 50:1).
- Speed Settings: For those who are keen on having complete control while operating their leaf blower, the Tanaka TRB24EAP offers variable speed settings.
- Noise: Its noise rating of 87 dB can be considered the standard for similar gas-powered handheld blowers.
- Fuel Tank: Its tank can hold 17.6 fl. oz., so it falls squarely in the average in terms of fuel capacity.
The Hitachi Tanaka TRB24EAP's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Hitachi Tanaka TRB24EAP compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Upon exiting the nozzle, the air can reach speeds of up to 170 MPH, which is pretty much what is to be expected for gas-powered handheld blowers (the one expelling air at the fastest speed being the Poulan Pro PPBV25 with 230 MPH).
- It has a maximum air volume output of 441 CFM (cubic feet per minute). With this output rating, the Tanaka TRB24EAP is well within average in relation to similar gas-powered handheld blowers (the biggest expelled air volume belonging to the Troy-Bilt TB2MB JET with 650 CFM).
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas handheld blowers, the Hitachi Tanaka TRB24EAP is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this blower nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
Founded by Namihei Odaira in 1910, Hitachi operates business segments spanning the gamut from construction & outdoor products to information & telecommunication systems. Aside from its various other product lines and services, Hitachi has established itself as a trusted name in the lawn and landscape maintenance manufacturing industry. Hitachi recently aquired the German company Metabo and is progressively rebranding to Metabo HPT (Hitachi Power Tools).
The Hitachi Tanaka TRB24EAP is covered under a warranty for up to 7 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Hitachi blowers, please consult Hitachi's warranty policies. Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-706-7337.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.