The Hitachi Tanaka TRB24EAP is a gas-powered handheld leaf blower delivering 441 CFM at 170 MPH. It features a 2-cycle 24cc engine. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 441|
|MPH||Up to 170|
|Fuel tank||17.6 fl. oz.|
|Noise rating||87 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Hitachi Tanaka TRB24EAP, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Hitachi Tanaka TRB24EAP
- Power: The Hitachi Tanaka TRB24EAP is a gas-powered blower with a maximum air volume rating of 441 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and an air speed of 170 MPH.
- Handling: For those who are looking for a portable and convenient leaf blower, this model is a strong candidate. It’s designed for easy handling and use, and its size means it’s easily carried and stored. Among other gas-powered handheld blowers, the Hitachi Tanaka TRB24EAP can be considered light, weighing only 8.6 lbs.
- Engine: Its PureFire® engine boasts a displacement of 24 cc. Being that this is a 2-stroke engine, it must be fuelled using a mix of gas and oil. The proper fuel ratio set by the manufacturer for the Tanaka TRB24EAP is 50:1.
- Speed Settings: In order to afford more control to the user, this unit has a variable speed control. No matter the size of the job, the user can adjust the airflow of the Hitachi Tanaka TRB24EAP to match.
- Noise: With a decibel rating of 87 dB, the Tanaka TRB24EAP is neither louder nor quieter than its rivals in the gas-powered handheld category.
- Fuel Tank: Its tank can hold 17.6 fl. oz., so it falls squarely in the average in terms of fuel capacity for handheld blowers.
The Hitachi Tanaka TRB24EAP's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Hitachi Tanaka TRB24EAP compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Upon exiting the nozzle, the air can reach speeds of up to 170 MPH, which is pretty much what is to be expected for gas-powered handheld blowers. If you wish to benefit from air expelled at the fastest possible speed, the Craftsman BV2500 and its 250 MPH could be an option to consider.
- It has a maximum air volume output of 441 CFM (cubic feet per minute). With this output rating, the Tanaka TRB24EAP is well within average in relation to similar gas-powered handheld blowers. If air volume is important to you, the Craftsman B225, with 650 CFM, could be in your good books.
The bottom line
- Lightweight (8.6 lbs)
- 7 year (limited) warranty
- Decent tank (17.6 fl. oz.)
- Acceptable noise (87 dB)
- Decent CFM (441 CFM)
- Decent MPH (170 MPH)
- No cruise control
Founded by Namihei Odaira in 1910, Hitachi operates business segments spanning the gamut from construction & outdoor products to information & telecommunication systems. Aside from its various other product lines and services, Hitachi has established itself as a trusted name in the lawn and landscape maintenance manufacturing industry. Hitachi recently aquired the German company Metabo and is progressively rebranding to Metabo HPT (Hitachi Power Tools).
The Hitachi Tanaka TRB24EAP is covered under a warranty for up to 7 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Hitachi blowers, please consult Hitachi's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-706-7337.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.