The Homelite UT26HBV is a 3-in-1 blower/vacuum/mulcher delivering 400 CFM at 150 MPH. It features a 2-cycle 26 cc engine. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 400|
|MPH||Up to 150|
|Engine displacement||26 cc|
|Fuel tank||14.3 fl. oz.|
|Mulcher||Yes, plastic impeller|
|Noise rating||75 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Homelite UT26HBV, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Homelite UT26HBV
- Power: The Homelite UT26HBV is a gas-powered leaf blower. It sports a max air speed of 150 MPH and a max air volume rating of 400 cubic feet per minute (CFM).
- Handling: With its handheld design, this leaf blower was created with portability in mind. Most users will have no problem using it almost anywhere. When compared to other gas-powered handheld blowers, the Homelite UT26HBV stands out due to its lower weight: just 9.5 lbs.
- Engine: This blower's engine has a displacement specification of 26 cc. Since this is a 2-stroke engine, it’s important to remember that the UT26HBV cannot run on gasoline alone. The fuel must be mixed with an appropriate ratio of gasoline and oil in order for it to function properly (for this Homelite model, this ratio is 50:1).
- Speed Settings: There are times when you only need a little more power, while other times you will want a bit more precision when clearing leaves and debris. For this purpose, the UT26HBV offers variable speed settings, adding you, the user, more control, and a cruise control mode, which will allow you to maintain it comfortably for as long as you wish.
- Vacuum: It features a vacuum allowing it to suck up leaf and debris once the sweeping job is complete (bag included).
- Mulching: Its mulching ratio is 12:1, meaning that it will turn 12 bags of soft debris into one bag of mulch. The unit uses a plastic impeller.
- Noise: As far as gas-powered handheld blowers go, this one is average in terms of noise with a rating of 75 dB.
- Fuel Tank: With a capacity of 14.3 fl. oz., this Homelite blower is average compared to other gas handheld blowers.
The Homelite UT26HBV's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Homelite UT26HBV compare with similar leaf blowers.
- The air speed of the Homelite UT26HBV maxes out at 150 MPH. While more than adequate for many jobs, its air speed is below average among other gas-powered handheld blowers. For the fastest air speed in this category, you may want to consider the Craftsman BV2500, which can expell air at a velocity that can reach 250 MPH.
- As this unit is rated at 400 CFM (cubic feet per minute), it expells less air than most gas-powered handheld blowers. For the highest air volume, you may want to have a look at the Craftsman B225, which boasts with 650 CFM.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other blower vacs, the Homelite UT26HBV is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this blower nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The Homelite Corporation, shortly known as Homelite, is an American power equipment manufacturer, most well known for its iconic, red chainsaws. Homelite Corp. was founded back in 1921 as the Home Electric Lighting Company, and produced almost exclusively portable generators, which aided both civilians and the troops. Postwar, the company expanded with the invention of the first modern chainsaw, of which they were and quite possibly still are the largest manufacturers. However, Homelite manufactures other power tools as well, including leaf blowers. The company is nowadays a subsidiary of Techtronic, under which it has shifted its portfolio to include almost exclusively lawn equipment. Homelite products are reported to be manufactured mainly in China.
The Homelite UT26HBV is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Homelite blowers, please consult Homelite's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-242-4672.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.