The Homelite UT26HBV is a 3-in-1 blower/vacuum/mulcher delivering 400 CFM at 150 MPH. It features a 2-cycle 26cc engine. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 400|
|MPH||Up to 150|
|Fuel tank||14.3 fl. oz.|
|Mulcher||Yes, plastic impeller|
|Noise rating||75 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Homelite UT26HBV, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Homelite UT26HBV
- Power: The Homelite UT26HBV is a gas-powered leaf blower. It sports a max air speed of 150 MPH and a max air volume rating of 400 cubic feet per minute (CFM).
- Handling: It’s handheld, so naturally it’s easier to handle and carry than larger leaf blowers, such as backpack models or walk-behinds. When compared to other gas-powered handheld blowers, the Homelite UT26HBV stands out due to its lower weight: just 9.5 lbs.
- Engine: This blower's engine has a displacement specification of 26cc. Please be aware that 2-cycle engines like this one require a mixture of gas and oil in order to run. For the Homelite UT26HBV, this ratio is 50:1.
- Speed Settings: To provide more control over their job to the user, the unit has a variable speed control setting. No matter the size of the job, the user can adjust the airflow of the Homelite UT26HBV to match it. On top of that, maintaining the selected speed is effortless, as it also features cruise control.
- Vacuum: As a blower vac, the UT26HBV handily vacuums unwanted material into a storage bag for easy disposal (bag included).
- Mulching: With a mulching ratio of 12:1, this mulcher can shrink 12 bags of leaves down to one bag of mulch, helping you get rid of unwanted leaves and debris. The unit uses a plastic impeller.
- Noise: As far as gas-powered handheld blowers go, this one is average in terms of noise with a rating of 75 dB.
- Fuel Tank: It has an average fuel capacity for a handheld blower, with a tank that holds around 14.3 fl. oz of fuel.
The Homelite UT26HBV's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Homelite UT26HBV compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Air expelled from the nozzle of this blower can reach 150 MPH. When compared to others of this type, the UT26HBV has a lower air speed than most gas-powered handheld blowers. For the fastest air speed in this category, you may want to consider the Craftsman BV2500, which can expell air at a velocity that can reach 250 MPH.
- Its max air volume rating (400 cubic feet per minute) means it is really not the biggest air producer of gas-powered handheld blowers. For the highest air volume, you may want to have a look at the Craftsman B225, which boasts with 650 CFM.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other blower vacs, the Homelite UT26HBV is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget blower.Good to know: It's the cheapest gas-powered blower vac.
The Homelite Corporation, shortly known as Homelite, is an American power equipment manufacturer, most well known for its iconic, red chainsaws. Homelite Corp. was founded back in 1921 as the Home Electric Lighting Company, and produced almost exclusively portable generators, which aided both civilians and the troops. Postwar, the company expanded with the invention of the first modern chainsaw, of which they were and quite possibly still are the largest manufacturers. However, Homelite manufactures other power tools as well, including leaf blowers. The company is nowadays a subsidiary of Techtronic, under which it has shifted its portfolio to include almost exclusively lawn equipment. Homelite products are reported to be manufactured mainly in China.
The Homelite UT26HBV is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Homelite blowers, please consult Homelite's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-242-4672.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.