The Husqvarna 150BT is a gas-powered backpack leaf blower delivering 434 CFM at 251 MPH. It features a 2-cycle 50.2 cc engine. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 434|
|MPH||Up to 251|
|Blowing Force||20 N|
|Engine displacement||50.2 cc|
|Fuel tank||35.2 fl. oz.|
|Noise rating||94 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Husqvarna 150BT, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Husqvarna 150BT
- Power: The Husqvarna 150BT is a gas-powered leaf blower. It sports a max air speed of 251 MPH and a max air volume rating of 434 cubic feet per minute (CFM).
- Handling: Like most backpack blowers, this model is technically heavier than a handheld. That being said, it can feel lighter and more comfortable because of the way it is carried, even when used over extended periods of time. Its throttle is located on the tube, which allows you to keep your left hand free. All told, it weighs 22.5 lbs — the Husqvarna 150BT is neither the lightest nor the heaviest gas-powered backpack blower on the market.
- Engine: This blower is fitted with a 50.2 cc X-Torq® engine. Please be aware that 2-cycle engines like this one require a mixture of gas and oil in order to run. For the Husqvarna 150BT, this ratio is 50:1.
- Speed Settings: For those who wish to have complete control while operating their leaf blower, the 150BT offers variable speed settings, and moreover, is also equipped with cruise control, which allows the user to comfortably continue blowing at their preferred setting.
- Noise: With a decibel rating of 94 dB, the 150BT is neither louder nor quieter than its rivals in the gas-powered backpack category.
- Fuel Tank: The fuel tank can hold 35.2 fl. oz. What it loses in fuel capacity, the 150BT gains in portability by having a more manageable weight.
- X-Torq®: The X-Torq® is Husqvarna's latest technology for two-stroke engines. It reduces fuel consumption by up to 20% and harmful exhaust emissions by up to 60% while increasing torque over a wider rpm range.
The Husqvarna 150BT's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Husqvarna 150BT compare with similar leaf blowers.
- It can push air from the nozzle at 251 MPH, which puts it ahead of its class in terms of air speed for gas-powered backpack blowers – it's actually the blower expelling the fastest air!
- It’s capable of expelling a maximum air volume of 434 CFM (cubic feet per minute). This places it at the low end compared to other gas-powered backpack blowers (the biggest expelled air volume belonging to the Echo PB-8010H with 1071 CFM).
Here's a list of the most popular specific comparisons:
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas backpack blowers, the Husqvarna 150BT is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget blower.
Founded in 1689 in the town that bore its namesake, Husqvarna is a Swedish company that has been developing and manufacturing quality tools and accessories for 325 years. This makes Husqvarna one of the longest-operating manufacturers of outdoor products. Thanks to its reputation and a passion for innovation and quality, Husqvarna continues to be an industry leader in the outdoor power tool market.
The Husqvarna 150BT is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Husqvarna blowers, please consult Husqvarna's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-487-5951.
Questions & Answers
Is there a gutter kit for this unit and where may I purchase it? (Asked May 13, 2020)
There are no official gutter kits for the 150BT.
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.