The Husqvarna 150BT is a gas-powered backpack leaf blower delivering 452 CFM at 270 MPH. It features a 2-cycle 51 cc engine. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 452|
|MPH||Up to 270|
|Blowing Force||22 N|
|Engine displacement||51 cc|
|Fuel tank||42.6 fl. oz.|
|Noise rating||94 dB|
|Other model numbers||970466901, 150BT Mark II|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Husqvarna 150BT, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Husqvarna 150BT
- Power: The 150BT, built by Husqvarna, is a gas-powered leaf blower capable of expelling a maximum air volume of 452 cubic feet per minute (CFM). Its air speed is rated at 270 MPH.
- Handling: As this unit is a backpack leaf blower, the majority of the unit is distributed so that the user can operate it with ease for most reasonable periods of use. Its throttle is located on the tube, which allows you to keep your left hand free. All told, it weighs 22 lbs — the Husqvarna 150BT is neither the lightest nor the heaviest gas-powered backpack blower on the market.
- Engine: This blower's X-Torq® engine has a displacement specification of 51 cc. As you may or may not know, 2-stroke engines require a mixture of gasoline and oil in order to keep all the moving parts lubricated while fuelling the engine’s internal combustion. The fuel/oil ratio recommended by Husqvarna for the 150BT is 50:1.
- Speed Settings: For those who wish to have complete control while operating their leaf blower, the 150BT offers variable speed settings, and moreover, is also equipped with cruise control, which allows the user to comfortably continue blowing at their preferred setting.
- Noise: With a decibel rating of 94 dB, the 150BT is neither louder nor quieter than its rivals in the gas-powered backpack category.
- Fuel Tank: Its tank can hold 42.6 fl. oz., so it falls squarely in the average in terms of fuel capacity for backpack blowers.
- X-Torq®: The X-Torq® is Husqvarna's latest technology for two-stroke engines. It reduces fuel consumption by up to 20% and harmful exhaust emissions by up to 60% while increasing torque over a wider rpm range.
The Husqvarna 150BT's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Husqvarna 150BT compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Upon exiting the nozzle, the air can reach speeds of up to 270 MPH, which is incredibly impressive for a gas-powered backpack blower.
- It’s capable of expelling a maximum air volume of 452 CFM (cubic feet per minute). This places it at the low end compared to other gas-powered backpack blowers. For the highest air volume, you may want to have a look at the Shindaiwa EB910RT, which boasts with 1110 CFM.
Here's a list of the most popular specific comparisons:
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas backpack blowers, the Husqvarna 150BT is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget blower.
Founded in 1689 in the town that bore its namesake, Husqvarna is a Swedish company that has been developing and manufacturing quality tools and accessories for 325 years. This makes Husqvarna one of the longest-operating manufacturers of outdoor products. Thanks to its reputation and a passion for innovation and quality, Husqvarna continues to be an industry leader in the outdoor power tool market.
The Husqvarna 150BT is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Husqvarna blowers, please consult Husqvarna's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-487-5951.
Questions & Answers
Is there a gutter kit for this unit and where may I purchase it? (Asked May 13, 2020)
There are no official gutter kits for the 150BT.
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.