The Husqvarna 150BT is a gas-powered backpack leaf blower delivering 434 CFM at 251 MPH. It features a 2-cycle 50.2 cc engine. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 434|
|MPH||Up to 251|
|Blowing Force||20 N|
|Engine displacement||50.2 cc|
|Fuel tank||35.2 fl. oz.|
|Noise rating||94 dB|
|Other model numbers||965877601|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Husqvarna 150BT, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Husqvarna 150BT
- Power: The 150BT, built by Husqvarna, is a gas-powered leaf blower capable of expelling a maximum air volume of 434 cubic feet per minute (CFM). Its air speed is rated at 251 MPH.
- Handling: This blower’s backpack functionality makes make it less exerting on the user, even when used for an extended period of time. Its throttle is located on the tube, which allows you to keep your left hand free. At 22.5 lbs, the Husqvarna 150BT is within the average weight range of gas-powered backpack blowers.
- Engine: Its X-Torq® engine boasts a displacement of 50.2 cc. Being that this is a 2-stroke engine, it must be fuelled using a mix of gas and oil. The proper fuel ratio set by the manufacturer for the 150BT is 50:1.
- Speed Settings: With its variable speed settings, the Husqvarna 150BT allows you to precisely control its air output. In addition, the blower is also equipped with cruise control, with which the user can easily maintain the selected settings.
- Noise: Its noise rating of 94 dB can be considered the standard for similar gas-powered backpack blowers.
- Fuel Tank: The fuel tank has a capacity of 35.2 fl. oz. Although this is not especially impressive for a backpack blower, it allows the unit to maintain a decent overall weight, making it more portable and comfortable to use.
- X-Torq®: The X-Torq® is Husqvarna's latest technology for two-stroke engines. It reduces fuel consumption by up to 20% and harmful exhaust emissions by up to 60% while increasing torque over a wider rpm range.
The Husqvarna 150BT's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Husqvarna 150BT compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Air exiting the nozzle of this blower can reach 251 MPH, which is the fastest speed you can get with a gas-powered backpack blower.
- It’s capable of expelling a maximum air volume of 434 CFM (cubic feet per minute). This places it at the low end compared to other gas-powered backpack blowers. For the highest air volume, you may want to have a look at the Echo PB-9010T, which boasts with 1110 CFM.
Here's a list of the most popular specific comparisons:
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas backpack blowers, the Husqvarna 150BT is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget blower.
Founded in 1689 in the town that bore its namesake, Husqvarna is a Swedish company that has been developing and manufacturing quality tools and accessories for 325 years. This makes Husqvarna one of the longest-operating manufacturers of outdoor products. Thanks to its reputation and a passion for innovation and quality, Husqvarna continues to be an industry leader in the outdoor power tool market.
The Husqvarna 150BT is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Husqvarna blowers, please consult Husqvarna's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-487-5951.
Questions & Answers
Is there a gutter kit for this unit and where may I purchase it? (Asked May 13, 2020)
There are no official gutter kits for the 150BT.
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.