The Husqvarna 230iB is a cordless handheld leaf blower delivering 650 CFM at 136 MPH. It features a 4.2 Ah 36 V Li-ion battery. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 650|
|MPH||Up to 136|
|Blowing Force||19.4 N|
|Tube length||19.7 in|
|Other model numbers||967094201|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Husqvarna 230iB, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Husqvarna 230iB
- Power: The Husqvarna 230iB can force 650 cubic feet of air per minute (CFM) from its nozzle at a maximum speed of 136 MPH.
- Power delivery: Husqvarna designed this unit and its brushless, battery-operated motor with top-of-the-food-chain maneuverability in mind. The 230iB doesn’t need to be plugged in, so you can take it anywhere easily.
- Battery: With its 4.2 Ah 36 V Li-ion battery, the Husqvarna 230iB has a standard, full-charge run time of up to 45 minutes.
- Handling: It’s handheld, so naturally it’s easier to handle and carry than larger leaf blowers, such as backpack models or walk-behinds. At 8.4 lbs, the Husqvarna 230iB is within the average weight range of cordless handheld blowers.
- Speed Settings: There are times when you only need a little more power, while other times you will want a bit more precision when clearing leaves and debris. For this purpose, the 230iB offers variable speed settings, adding you, the user, more control, and a cruise control mode, which will allow you to maintain it comfortably for as long as you wish.
The Husqvarna 230iB's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Husqvarna 230iB compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Upon exiting the nozzle, the air can reach speeds of up to 136 MPH, which is pretty much what is to be expected for battery-operated handheld blowers. If you wish to benefit from air expelled at the fastest possible speed, the Makita XBU01PT and its 208 MPH could be an option to consider.
- The 230iB is powerful, with an airflow rating of 650 CFM (cubic feet per minute). This is certainly on the high end compared to other cordless handheld blowers. If air volume is important to you, the Ryobi RY404100, with 730 CFM, could be in your good books.
- Its battery is standard in terms of autonomy for a cordless handheld product. Fully charged, it should run for up to 45 minutes. If autonomy is an important factor for you, the EGO POWER+ LBX6000 can run for up to 96 minutes and could be worth considering.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other cordless blowers, the Husqvarna 230iB is on the expensive side of the price range.
While certainly not the cheapest of its kind, purchasing it could most likely also mean enjoying the reliability of a high-end product.
Founded in 1689 in the town that bore its namesake, Husqvarna is a Swedish company that has been developing and manufacturing quality tools and accessories for 325 years. This makes Husqvarna one of the longest-operating manufacturers of outdoor products. Thanks to its reputation and a passion for innovation and quality, Husqvarna continues to be an industry leader in the outdoor power tool market.
The Husqvarna 230iB is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Husqvarna blowers, please consult Husqvarna's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-487-5951.
Questions & Answers
What is the expected run time on a full charge? (Asked May 26, 2021)
Battery can last anywhere between 10 to 45 minutes, depending on how you use the unit.
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.