The Husqvarna 230iB is a cordless handheld leaf blower delivering 650 CFM at 136 MPH. It features a 4.2 Ah 36 V Li-ion battery. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 650|
|MPH||Up to 136|
|Blowing Force||19.4 N|
|Tube length||19.7 in|
|Other model numbers||967094201|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Husqvarna 230iB, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Husqvarna 230iB
- Power: This cordless leaf blower has a maximum air volume rating of 650 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and an air speed rating of 136 MPH.
- Power delivery: Husqvarna designed this unit and its brushless, battery-operated motor with top-of-the-food-chain maneuverability in mind. The 230iB doesn’t need to be plugged in, so you can take it anywhere easily.
- Battery: Its 4.2 Ah 36 V Li-ion battery (1 battery included) means that a user can operate the 230iB for an estimated 45 minutes on a full charge.
- Handling: With its handheld design, this leaf blower was created with portability in mind. Most users will have no problem using it almost anywhere. All told, it weighs 8.4 lbs — the Husqvarna 230iB is neither the lightest nor the heaviest cordless handheld blower on the market.
- Speed Settings: To provide more control over their job to the user, the unit has a variable speed control setting. No matter the size of the job, the user can adjust the airflow of the Husqvarna 230iB to match it. On top of that, maintaining the selected speed is effortless, as it also features cruise control.
The Husqvarna 230iB's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Husqvarna 230iB compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Upon exiting the nozzle, the air can reach speeds of up to 136 MPH, which is pretty much what is to be expected for battery-operated handheld blowers. If you wish to benefit from air expelled at the fastest possible speed, the Makita XBU01PT and its 208 MPH could be an option to consider.
- The 230iB is powerful, with an airflow rating of 650 CFM (cubic feet per minute). This is certainly on the high end compared to other cordless handheld blowers. If air volume is important to you, the Ryobi RY404100, with 730 CFM, could be in your good books.
- Its battery is standard in terms of autonomy for a cordless handheld product. Fully charged, it should run for up to 45 minutes. If autonomy is an important factor for you, the EGO POWER+ LBX6000 can run for up to 96 minutes and could be worth considering.
Here's a list of the most popular specific comparisons:
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other cordless blowers, the Husqvarna 230iB is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this blower nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
Founded in 1689 in the town that bore its namesake, Husqvarna is a Swedish company that has been developing and manufacturing quality tools and accessories for 325 years. This makes Husqvarna one of the longest-operating manufacturers of outdoor products. Thanks to its reputation and a passion for innovation and quality, Husqvarna continues to be an industry leader in the outdoor power tool market.
The Husqvarna 230iB is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Husqvarna blowers, please consult Husqvarna's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-487-5951.
Questions & Answers
What is the expected run time on a full charge? (Asked May 26, 2021)
Battery can last anywhere between 10 to 45 minutes, depending on how you use the unit.
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.