The Husqvarna 230iB is a cordless handheld leaf blower delivering 650 CFM at 136 MPH. It features a 4 Ah 40 V Li-ion battery. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 650|
|MPH||Up to 136|
|Blowing Force||19.4 N|
|Weight (w/ battery)||8.4 lbs|
|Weight (tool only)||5.8 lbs|
|Tube length||19.7 in|
|Other model numbers||970480201|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Husqvarna 230iB, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Husqvarna 230iB
- Power: The Husqvarna 230iB can force 650 cubic feet of air per minute (CFM) from its nozzle at a maximum speed of 136 MPH.
- Power delivery: The 230iB is a brushless-motor, battery-operated blower. Therefore, it doesn’t require to be plugged in when it’s being used. The user will enjoy the added mobility of its cordless design.
- Battery: Its 4 Ah 40 V Li-ion battery (1 BLi22 battery included) means that a user can operate the 230iB for an estimated 45 minutes on a full charge.
- Handling: Being handheld, this blower has a good maneuverability and is meant to be easier to carry around over a small period of time. All told (including the battery), it weighs 8.4 lbs — the Husqvarna 230iB is neither the lightest nor the heaviest cordless handheld blower on the market.
- Speed Settings: For those who wish to have complete control while operating their leaf blower, the 230iB offers variable speed settings, and moreover, is also equipped with cruise control, which allows the user to comfortably continue blowing at their preferred setting.
The Husqvarna 230iB's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Husqvarna 230iB compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Its max air speed of 136 MPH places it at the approximate midpoint in comparison to other battery-operated handheld blowers. If you wish to benefit from air expelled at the fastest possible speed, the Makita XBU01PT and its 208 MPH could be an option to consider.
- If air volume is an important feature, the 230iB by Husqvarna will not disappoint. Its airflow maxes out at 650 CFM (cubic feet per minute), which is more powerful than most cordless handheld blowers. If air volume is important to you, the Husqvarna 350iB, with 800 CFM, could be in your good books.
- Its battery is standard in terms of autonomy for a cordless handheld product. Fully charged, it should run for up to 45 minutes. If autonomy is an important factor for you, the Makita CBU01Z can run for up to 300 minutes and could be worth considering.
Here's a list of the most popular specific comparisons:
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other cordless blowers, the Husqvarna 230iB is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this blower nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- Brushless motor
- Cruise control
- High CFM (650 CFM)
- Decent weight (8.4 lbs)
- Decent MPH (136 MPH)
- Good autonomy (45 mins)
- The Husqvarna 230iB doesn't have any notably low specs.
Founded in 1689 in the town that bore its namesake, Husqvarna is a Swedish company that has been developing and manufacturing quality tools and accessories for 325 years. This makes Husqvarna one of the longest-operating manufacturers of outdoor products. Thanks to its reputation and a passion for innovation and quality, Husqvarna continues to be an industry leader in the outdoor power tool market.
The Husqvarna 230iB is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Husqvarna blowers, please consult Husqvarna's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-487-5951.
Questions & Answers
What is the expected run time on a full charge? (Asked May 26, 2021)
Battery can last anywhere between 10 to 45 minutes, depending on how you use the unit.
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.