Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 459|
|MPH||Up to 192|
|Blowing Force||15 N|
|Engine Displacement||25.4 cc|
|Fuel Tank||15.22 fl. oz.|
|Noise Rating||106 dB|
|Tube Length||22 in|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Husqvarna 525BX, the user manual is available here.
Overview of the Husqvarna 525BX
- Power: The 525BX gas-powered blower, manufactured by Husqvarna, is rated for a max air volume of 459 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and a max air speed of 192 MPH.
- Handling: Being handheld, this blower has a good maneuverability and is meant to be easier to carry around over a small period of time. When compared to other gas-powered handheld leaf blowers, the Husqvarna 525BX stands out due to its lower weight: just 9.48 lbs.
- Engine: This blower's X-Torq® engine has a displacement specification of 25.4 cc. Since this is a 2-stroke engine, it’s important to remember that the 525BX cannot run on gasoline alone. The fuel must be mixed with an appropriate ratio of gasoline and oil in order for it to function properly (for this Husqvarna model, this ratio is 50:1).
- Speed Settings: In order to afford more control to the user, this unit has a variable speed control. No matter the size of the job, the user can adjust the airflow of the Husqvarna 525BX to match.
- Noise: The manufacturer specifications state that the 525BX can generate engine noise approaching 106 dB. This is louder than other gas-powered handheld leaf blowers.
- Fuel Tank: With a capacity of 15.22 fl. oz., this Husqvarna blower is average when compared to other gas-powered handheld leaf blowers.
- X-Torq®: The X-Torq® is Husqvarna's latest technology for two-stroke engines. It reduces fuel consumption by up to 20% and harmful exhaust emissions by up to 60% while increasing torque over a wider rpm range.
The Husqvarna 525BX's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Husqvarna 525BX compare with similar leaf blowers.
- It can push air from the nozzle at 192 MPH, which puts it ahead of its class in terms of air speed for gas-powered handheld leaf blowers (the one expelling air at the fastest speed being the Poulan Pro PPBV25 with 230 MPH).
- Regarding its air volume, the airflow of the Husqvarna 525BX can reach 459 CFM (Cubic Feet per Minute), which is on par with other gas-powered handheld leaf blowers (the biggest expelled air volume belonging to the Troy-Bilt TB2MB JET with 650 CFM).
Here's a list of the most popular specific comparisons:
As you can see from this dynamic chart, when compared to other gas handheld blowers, the Husqvarna 525BX is on the expensive side of the price range.
While certainly not the cheapest of its kind, purchasing it would most likely also mean enjoying the reliability of a high-end product.
The bottom line
- X-Torq® Engine
- Lightweight (9.48 lbs)
- High MPH (192 MPH)
- Decent Tank (15.22 fl. oz.)
- Decent CFM (459 CFM)
- On the expensive side
- High Noise (106 dB)
Where to buy the husqvarna 525BX?
Founded in 1689 in the town that bore its namesake, Husqvarna is a Swedish company that has been developing and manufacturing quality tools and accessories for 325 years. This makes Husqvarna one of the longest-operating manufacturers of outdoor products. Thanks to its reputation and a passion for innovation and quality, Husqvarna continues to be an industry leader in the outdoor power tool market.
Warranty InformationThe Husqvarna 525BX is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Husqvarna blowers, please consult Husqvarna's warranty policies. Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-487-5951.